Hourly Capacity Data

seabasket

Original Poster
Hi! I am doing a little armchair imagineering and have been scouring the internet for the past hour or so for the hourly capacity of attractions and i cant seem to find a reliable source. I figured this would be the best place to ask. Does anyone have a good one?

Andrew25

This is my data for Epcot

THRC is ideal capacity, OHRC is reducing capacity by assuming 15% of seats are not filled or ride delays, AHRC is just taking the average of the 2.

I'm sure someone is going to argue about my Ticket rating system, but my system is based on a ride's popularity (IP, ride system, etc.) not on the ride experience itself.
1678202373890.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
i love you. <3
As creator of that spreadsheet I can confirm some of those numbers are wrong.

I tried to collect info from various sources and they conflict with one another. Also, I tried basic math of counting how often a ride vehicle launches. If a train holds 20 guests and departs once a minute. Then in an hour, its PPH capacity is 1,200 PPH.

If you can find a POV video where the vlogger didn't cut out the scene of departing vehicles, it's easy to do the math that way.

SplashJacket

This is my data for Epcot

THRC is ideal capacity, OHRC is reducing capacity by assuming 15% of seats are not filled or ride delays, AHRC is just taking the average of the 2.

I'm sure someone is going to argue about my Ticket rating system, but my system is based on a ride's popularity (IP, ride system, etc.) not on the ride experience itself.
View attachment 702555
Mission: Space’s data seems very low. Is this for one color or theater?

fradz

As creator of that spreadsheet I can confirm some of those numbers are wrong.

I tried to collect info from various sources and they conflict with one another. Also, I tried basic math of counting how often a ride vehicle launches. If a train holds 20 guests and departs once a minute. Then in an hour, its PPH capacity is 1,200 PPH.

If you can find a POV video where the vlogger didn't cut out the scene of departing vehicles, it's easy to do the math that way.
Sorry that I didn’t credit you, I knew it was from here but couldn’t find the source anymore, I had saved it in my Google sheets! Thanks @MisterPenguin for all the hard work 🙂

lentesta

Premium Member
Len, is this public anywhere?

Oh, thanks for the reminder. I still have a bit of vacation brain from last week.

Here's an Excel spreadsheet with our counts of how many guests exited WDW rides, for various times of day and days.

I'm sharing the raw data because I think it's important to see not only the max ride throughput, but also to get a sense of where Disney has historically run the ride in terms of capacity.

Let me know if there's a specific set of rides you're interested in that we don't have. We're doing a lot of interarrival time research in the parks right now, and we might be able to get some exit counts as well.

Len

WaltWiz1901

Coming in from the same position as the original poster, and while a lot of the information here is reliable, there's one thing on my mind...

Is there any sort of formula that could easily yield an attraction's THRC? Obviously the number of guests per vehicle/theater, the number of vehicles dispatched, how long the ride/show is, and how long it takes to dispatch each vehicle in-between each cycle are factors, but is there anything else to take into account?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Coming in from the same position as the original poster, and while a lot of the information here is reliable, there's one thing on my mind...

Is there any sort of formula that could easily yield an attraction's THRC? Obviously the number of guests per vehicle/theater, the number of vehicles dispatched, how long the ride/show is, and how long it takes to dispatch each vehicle in-between each cycle are factors, but is there anything else to take into account?
The easiest thing is to watch and time the rate a ride vehicle is launched.

E.g., for GotG:CR, once I can see the trains dispatched, I time them. Most times they're launched every 30 seconds. If there's an issue with loading, it may take 45 seconds. The shortest I timed between vehicles was 25 seconds.

At 25 second intervals, that is 2.4 RV/min. And that is a theoretical 144 RVs/hour.

Each train holds 20 people, so, that is a THRC 2,880 PPH.

Now, can they possibly go faster? I dunno. That depends on the longest 'block' of the coaster. Can't launch faster than that, since you need to clear a block before the next train can enter that block. And you can't theoretically determine that without knowing the length of each block and the RVs' speed.

If you're looking for the THRC of a particular ride, just watch POV videos of the ride which show the RV launches and time them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom