Hotels On The Way Down

LilMommyBug

We are driving down from Charlotte in May. We were thinking about stopping in Jacksonville to spend the night - then drive the rest of the way to WDW. Does anyone have any recommendations of hotels in that area that are nice & inexpensive?

Bigeagle

There are lot's of hotels in the vicinity of Jacksonville. We're splitting our June trip from Charleston, SC to WDW by spending the night in Brunswick, GA (about half-distance for us) at a hotel along I-95. That way, we're fresher when arrive at WDW for the first half-day of fun.

I'd recommend web searches for name-brands that fit your price range. I booked by reservation back in September, but only because I needed to check some things off the "to-do" list for our trip.

Upvote 0

sbkline

We always just stay in a Super 8 or Ramada, or Days Inn, etc. No need to fork out all kinds of cash just to hit the pillow, then get up and shower and leave the next morning. There should be plenty of these kinds of motels around no matter which way your coming.

Upvote 0

NCWDWFAN

I live in Concord and the past 2 times we went, we left after work and drove to Walterboro, SC (only about 3 1/2 hours away) and stayed at the Sleep Inn and then drove into Disney the next day. Always worked out very well.
Good Luck and have a great trip!

Upvote 0

DWGIRL

We just got back from a road trip, and I used priceline to get a hotel, it ended up $35 cheaper than the website price. Check out www.biddingfortravel.com for priceline tips so you know what you may be getting before you bid.Today 14:19

Thanks for this link. We use Priceline often and this is very helpful. We are always looking for better ways to get cheaper rates. We have never been dissappointed with Priceline. :wave:

Upvote 0

Robfasto

From Charlotte it is about 550 miles, it figures to be about 8.5 hrs at 65 mph (speed limit is 70 most of the way). So I would drive about 7 - 8 hrs and stay in the Deltona/Sanford area if you need to stay the night.

When we went in February we spent the extra money and just checked in at Disney a day early got unpacked, relax and enjoy and meal without rushing around and also made sure to pickup our tickets.

It was nice because the next morning we ate breakfast and headed to the parks and didn't have to worry about Check-In at our resort or Hanging around for our rooms to be ready.

Upvote 0

dixiepixie

We're from NC too, always drive down. Usually we leave early and just drive straight through and stay just outside of WDW.

But the few times we have left later in the day, we have drove to St. Petersburg and always stay at Country Inn and Suites. It is very nice. Very Clean, great service.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom