Hotels in Brunswick

Grumpy-Fan

We are driving down from NC. We are leaving Saturday morning 03/21/09. I want to stay in Brunswick GA. that night. Does anyone have any hotel advice for that area? Of course we will be driving on I-95. Thanks for any advice.

Laura

Premium Member
We live in NC and we also stop in the Brunswick area each time we go down. My favorite place we stayed was actually on a trip a few weeks ago. Instead of staying in Brunswick we went further towards Florida and stayed in Kingsland. There was a brand new Sleep Inn there and it was REALLY nice for a good price.

http://www.sleepinn.com/hotel-kingsland-georgia-GA500?promo=gglocal

When we got up in the morning we were in Florida within 5 minutes so that was nice.

Now earlier in the year we stayed at Travelodge in Brunswick and it stunk. Not only that, but they double charged my credit card for the stay and it took me a month's worth of phone calls to idiot managers there to straighten it out.

We have also stayed at a Comfort Inn (I think) in Brunswick and all I remember was it was dumpy and smelled funny.

There's one more I stayed at in Brunswick that was expensive but SUPER nice and newly renovated. I think it was called Park Inn.

Upvote 0

wdwever1

theres also a very nice Jameson Inn that sits right behind a Cracker
Barrell as you get off the Kingsland exit. It too is minutes from the
state line and very convenient on and off exit with places to get gas
on both sides of the highway. We stayed there last year and were
very pleased. Avoid the Comfort Inn as previously advised! Enjoy
your trip!

Upvote 0

Grumpy-Fan

Original Poster
Thanks. I looked at the motels in Brunswick on line and was not very impressed. I will definitely check out Kingsland.:wave:

Upvote 0

DisneyGigi

If you are looking to stay in Brunswick, even for the night may I make the suggestion of staying at Jekyll Island instead. It is a skip to the right from the bridge, just minutes away. The Days Inn Suites, if you are looking at Sleep inn Brunswick, this one is much nicer (very clean) than any Days Inn I have ever seen and I am sure priced near the same. The beach is beautiful, so serene and quiet. I did not want to stay there the first time, I picked another hotel on the island but DH talked me into it and now we go back and pick the same room each year. Just a thought if the prices are similar. Of course that area is my other home away from home, second only to WDW so maybe I am partial?? :shrug:

Upvote 0

nikko

I always used to stay at an Embassy Suites that is attached to a mall. It's been a couple of years since I've stopped there, but it used to have a free breakfast in the morning and a Ruby Tuesday's in the mall.

Upvote 0

Grumpy-Fan

Original Poster
We live in NC and we also stop in the Brunswick area each time we go down. My favorite place we stayed was actually on a trip a few weeks ago. Instead of staying in Brunswick we went further towards Florida and stayed in Kingsland. There was a brand new Sleep Inn there and it was REALLY nice for a good price.

http://www.sleepinn.com/hotel-kingsland-georgia-GA500?promo=gglocal

When we got up in the morning we were in Florida within 5 minutes so that was nice.

Now earlier in the year we stayed at Travelodge in Brunswick and it stunk. Not only that, but they double charged my credit card for the stay and it took me a month's worth of phone calls to idiot managers there to straighten it out.

We have also stayed at a Comfort Inn (I think) in Brunswick and all I remember was it was dumpy and smelled funny.

There's one more I stayed at in Brunswick that was expensive but SUPER nice and newly renovated. I think it was called Park Inn.
Thanks for the great advice! We stayed at the Sleep-Inn in Kingsland and it was great. The staff was super nice and very helpful. I thought we were already at WDW. The room was super clean and very well furnished. Like you said, we were drinking fresh OJ in about 15 minutes in FL. Thanks again.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom