Hotel room issue - worth asking for a move?

CatesMom

We have had room and front desk issues, too. We called the "front desk" from our room (VWL) early one morning to report a faulty shower drain, leading to ankle-deep water. Despite promises to fix it, the standing water remained when we returned from the park that afternoon. I went to the front desk in person, learned that the problem was never passed along to maintenance (either by the person we talked to on the phone or housekeeping during the daily visit), and arranged to have an engineer come fix it minutes later. We ended up with extra fastpasses for a couple of days for each person as compensation.

MickeyLuv'r

Just checked into the Yacht Club today and absolutely love walking to Epcot (our favorite park). It’s our first time staying here and we knew the price heading in but were excited for the proximity to two parks, the pool, and the amenities. That said, after about two hours in the room we are noticing some issues.

There are two shower heads in the shower and one is completely broken. It both shoots full blast and shoots water out in globs to the side making it make a mess and basically unusable. Second issue we had was the towel racks both falling off the wall. When it first happened it nearly fell on my wife’s barefoot feet. They are clearly cheap and poorly installed and despite trying to push them back together several times I took them off and placed the towels on the counter top bc it was just going to fall again and maybe hurt one of us.

Finally, and this is one of those things we all just have to deal with, we have neighbors with several loud kids that seem to think the hallway is an extension of their room. They leave their dirty clothes/shoes outside in the common hallway and are playing in the hallway during the day with no masks, blocking it for anyone else who wants to walk this way. This is one of those “I can deal with it” things but on top of the other two it has us thinking we should talk to the front desk and ask if we can be moved.

What would you do in this situation? Keep the room and ignore it or talk to the front desk to try to get a move?
WDW is usually good with repairs when possible.

It is a little hard to tell from the details you posted, but if the repairs don't appear to be something that could easily be fixed, asking for another room is an option.

I would absolute tell the staff; otherwise it is possible they might think you damaged the room.

Disstevefan1

You should always report issues. I would go so far as it’s your responsibility to do so. They (should) want to know about issues so they can be fixed. In many cases, they will offer you a new room and even if they don’t, it doesn’t hurt to ask.

In any event, always report issues for the good of the next guest if nothing else.

CaptainAmerica

We had similar issues at Caribbean Beach. The resort was full but they offered to move us to a different resort. We didn't want to move because we had already unpacked, so they gave us a $200 credit. They were extremely professional and accommodating about it.

Maelstrom Troll

We have stayed at YC 5 times and have for the most part had good experiences but there was that one trip when my conference booked us for BC. Our room was right next to the housekeepers room and all night long we heard the dumbwaiter, the housekeepers talking, and even smelled cigarette smoke. It was so bad none of us slept. We asked to be moved and we did which was great until we found the massive ant problem the room had. Ants in the shower, ants on the floor, ants in the closet. 🐜 everywhere.
I was in a meeting so my wife had to pack everything and then get moved AGAIN but this time to YC. Long story short, after unpacking 3x in 3 days, losing gobs of theme park time, and patience I asked to see the hotel management. He was initially a bit snarky and insinuated that we had been taken care of. I explained the situation, that we were disappointed, and no one had even apologized. So in the end we got a $500 room credit, a hand full of fast passes, and a very hearty apology. We weren’t expecting that but it salvaged our trip in the end.

llrain

Why are you hanging out in your room for two hours?
Thats my first thought too. It would have taken me ages to notice any of these things as i would have been straigh out and exploring!!
😂 :p

I know this is an old thread at this point but why does it matter that they are in their room for two hours? Is there some secret time limit we can spend in our rooms or something? Maybe its their 900th trip and can afford the time to just hang in the room.
we catch the 1st flight in the morning and have to get up at 330am to be at the air port...so when we arrive at the resort at 9am and the room is ready, guess what? we are in our room for a long time to unpack, take a nap, take a shower to get out to lunch. i know, how lame of us to do such a thing, the nerve of us.

BWW

Always make your issues known while you're still there. If you wait until you get home to call back and complain, you'll get a response that goes something like "We're sorry you felt inconvenienced..." but that's about it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom