Hotel room issue - worth asking for a move?

DisneyJoe

In most cases, making your issue known at the front desk will get better results, quicker than calling. When you call, you are actually sent to a call center that handles the calls and hopefully routes them to the proper departments at the resorts. Standing at the front desk, allowing them to see a face, usually gets better and quicker results, in my experience.

Last edited:

Kobe!!

This thread just sounds like people looking to complain and get something out of it.. keep it up! That's my kinda thread!

Daily Magic

Original Poster
Update- went to the front desk, shared our concerns and they did a few things for us. First off they apologized, they offered to fix it right away, and they gave us a $50 credit. The service happened so quickly that even though we instantly left the front desk to walk to our room a service team member was already in our room fixing it when we walked in. My wife literally jumped when she walked in bc she didn’t expect anyone to be in the room.

All things seemed great, shower fixed, the noisy neighbors are there but haven’t seen any mess in the hallways, but then there’s the towel bars. They both fell off again with a tap. No jiggling, no grabbing, no hanging on them. I just tapped one and it fell off and almost hit my foot. The second one fell off when I tried to hang the towels on it.

Ill give them a chance again but even a child would have saw that it wasn’t fixed and would have done something about it. I’m not out to “get something” other than the vacation we payed for at a hotel that is supposed to be one of Disney’s best. It’s something simple at this point but the simple things should be the easy ones to fix and yet here we are. Now we’re off to Epcot to fill ourselves with food and drinks!

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
This thread just sounds like people looking to complain and get something out of it.. keep it up! That's my kinda thread!
Trolls World Tour This Better Be Good GIF by DreamWorks Trolls

PG 134

Just note that when calling the "Front Desk", you might not actually be speaking to the Front Desk. Some of those calls go to an offsite(not at the resort) call center.

Lilofan

Just note that when calling the "Front Desk", you might not actually be speaking to the Front Desk. Some of those calls go to an offsite(not at the resort) call center.
If you are staying at a Disney resort and call from your room to the front desk you will be connected directly to the front desk.

pj4963

I'd be polite and try to get the issues resolved like @Figgy1 said. However, with the showerhead issue and towel racks, I'd ask to be moved. You're paying for the room and paying a lot (even if using DVC points). I'd be polite and firm in asking for another room, explaining the issues and the fact you've paid a premium and expect a fully useable and functioning DVC/hotel room.
I would for sure report room issues'
I would nicely ask the family with nosey kids to be respect of other people in the resort. Keep it down
If it happened again I would ask for another room. We are going to Disney 1st week of June. Those rooms are expensive
We work hard for our money or should I say our retirement, Saved us to stay in a Deluxe resort.

castlecake2.0

That's fine, it doesn't matter how Disney chooses to address problems. When we had an issue with a broken shower we called the front desk and a maintenance worker was in our room in under 10 minutes.
I’ve never had an issue either with this system, always had prompt service

Chi84

Premium Member
I really don't care what system Disney puts in place, as long as it works. On one visit, our electricity was suddenly turned off. We called the front desk, and around 15 minutes later it came back on and a construction worker came to the door, apologized and explained that they were told the building was unoccupied.

It is true that they are less than forthcoming about who you are talking to when you call the front desk. A few years ago when Disney instituted credit card holds, they kept knocking our form of payment off of MDE. When we called the front desk as instructed, they told us to go to the front desk in person to resolve the issue. When we asked if we could just give them the credit card info over the phone, the CM put us on hold to check whether there was a manager "in the back room" who could handle the issue. After a few minutes, we gave up and went to the front desk.

castlecake2.0

I really don't care what system Disney puts in place, as long as it works. On one visit, our electricity was suddenly turned off. We called the front desk, and around 15 minutes later it came back on and a construction worker came to the door, apologized and explained that they were told the building was unoccupied.

It is true that they are less than forthcoming about who you are talking to when you call the front desk. A few years ago when Disney instituted credit card holds, they kept knocking our form of payment off of MDE. When we called the front desk as instructed, they told us to go to the front desk in person to resolve the issue. When we asked if we could just give them the credit card info over the phone, the CM put us on hold to check whether there was a manager "in the back room" who could handle the issue. After a few minutes, we gave up and went to the front desk.
I had the same thing with a credit card issue, might be a card protection rule?

Chi84

Premium Member
I had the same thing with a credit card issue, might be a card protection rule?
Oh I don't doubt it was. I was just mentioning it because of the "checking the back room for a manager" explanation. There was a clear implication that I was speaking to a person at the front desk - maybe it's one of those things where you had to be there.

castlecake2.0

Oh I don't doubt it was. I was just mentioning it because of the "checking the back room for a manager" explanation. There was a clear implication that I was speaking to a person at the front desk - maybe it's one of those things where you had to be there.
Oooh yah now I get it. They blew their storyline lol

nickys

Premium Member
We had an issue at BLT when we got back in the afternoon to find the water coming out of the taps all a murky brown. That was bad enough but I’d also had the washing machine going. I stopped the machine and took everything out, wringing out water as best I could but it was clear it wasn’t going to come clean.

Phoned the “front desk” and it was clear he had no idea there was an issue, and told me dismissively to wash them again.

When I stopped by the front desk they apologised profusely and credited our account with $200 to replace the clothes that had been in the wash. I asked then why I’d had such a different response over the phone and he told me about the call centre and said I should always go to the front desk for any problem. The call centre can log a call and pass it on to the appropriate area eg: maintenance but can’t do much else.

Chi84

Premium Member
Phoned the “front desk” and it was clear he had no idea there was an issue, and told me dismissively to wash them again.
That's outrageous. In all my years of visiting WDW, there were only a few times we had to call the front desk, but we always got an appropriate and polite response.

It's not up to guests to know about or work around Disney's systems. If Disney chooses to use call centers to solve problems, those call centers should be equipped to do so. I'm surprised the person at the front desk was so forthcoming with telling you about call centers, saying they can't do much and advising you to go to the front desk to solve problems instead of using the "front desk" phone button provided for that purpose. I suspect that is not the Disney sanctioned response. In 37 years' worth of visits, I've only emailed them about issues twice - that would have been my third one. It's ridiculous to provide a system for guests' issues and then tell them not to use it.

Raxel7851

One time we received a text that told us our room at POFQ was ready. When we arrived and opened the door with our magic band, we saw the room had not been cleaned. No biggie, things happen. We went to the front desk and calmly explained what occurred. The CM apologized profusely. We went on our way and about 30 minutes later we got another text about our room being ready. This one was ready. While we were in the room we received a call from the GM, apologizing. He then gave us a cash credit of 1/2 a nights stay on our bill. We certainly didn’t ask for that. But it was much appreciated.

eliza61nyc

As long as they are not full they will have no problem moving you. We have moved a couple of times because of problems with the room.
This ⬆️
I've asked to be moved twice due to room issues. Once at the GF another time at WL, both times CMs were extremely helpful and resolved my issues immediately.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom