Hotel Reccomendation

mousefan17

I will be going again, and I was wondering what Disney hotel, (or even one off of property) someone would reccomend for

3 adults (one being 18)
and 4 younger kids

theres alotta of us! and we want the cheapest room possible!

any reccomendations!?

JasonCajun

If you want cheapest, go with All Stars.

If you want best value, I would go with Port Orleans Riverside formerly known as Dixie Landings. (I wish they would bring that name back)

POR is a moderate resort, but its quiet, has plenty of attractions closeby and its pretty convenient to Epcot, Typhoon Lagoon and MGM. I think you and your kids would love it.

Upvote 0

mousefan17

Original Poster
we definatley dont want all stars, (no offense!)

we did this in 2000 (minus one of the smaller kids, wasnt born yet!)

and we stayed ot dixie (POR)
the room was a little cramped though! between ht eporta crib, trundle bed, carriages, luggage... the 7 people, there is NO room! you have to hid in the bathroom... if you know what i mean!

thanks though!

Upvote 0

lentesta

Premium Member
Coronado Springs is, IMO, the best moderate resort. Try Casitas 4 - it's close to a bus stop and a "quiet" (i.e., adult) pool.

Since it comes out tomorrow, I guess I can reveal one new thing in the 2003 edition of the Unofficial Guide. You folks are familiar with how Disney determines the cost of a room by its view, right? Parking lot views are the least expensive, then garden views, and water views are the most expensive (generally).

Essentially, Disney determines what view to charge for by looking straight out the door of the room. Whatever you see, that's the view they call it and charge for.

The interesting thing about this is that there are certain less-expensive rooms that have partial views of water if you just turn your head slightly. Other inexpensive rooms have wonderful views of foliage, or great views of the fireworks at night.

For the 2003 edition of the Unofficial Guide, we went room-by-room through every resort in Walt Disney World to determine which rooms had the best views for the money. Those room numbers are listed in this year's Guide.

For example, I did part of the Yacht Club, and listed which rooms would have views of the Epcot fireworks, and which views would be blocked by trees. We also listed which rooms were near ice machines, stairwells or laundry facilities (not sure if that last bit made it in, due to page count constraints). You can use this information to request a specific room number by fax about a week before you go.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Len

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

If you all want one room then you will need a Villa stype accomadation. One of those in Disney though can be quite expensive, so try looking off site.

Upvote 0

copper

My sister stayed at Holiday Inn/Family Suites with a whole crowd of people. Kids eat free!!!! It was more like an apartment then a hotel room. They paid $179.00 night but the rates have dropped since they were there. If you want to stay on site I would suggest BW Villa's or any of the home away from home resorts. They are bigger and they save time and money by having a kitchen. They will definately cost you more then the off site hotels though.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
I agree; for cheapest, you'll probably have to go off site! However, for onsite, you'll have to look at some of the DVC villas/condos. There are NO regular/deluxe rooms that can comfortably accomodate 7 people. Unless you can "split" the cost, you should look off site.

Upvote 0

Talsonic

Account Suspended
You can stay onsite cheap!

Mom is right. There are many DVC and other timeshare owners that are now forced to "rent" in order to at least get something for their money. The economy has gone south and the travel industry is hurting. If you have the money and the desire to visit WDW you should be able to get 40% to 65% off. Many of the DVC owners have "use or lose" points so they are grateful for anything they can get to just "rent" their points. I am not a big fan of the DVC resorts but when you can stay there for pennies on the dollar and not have to worry about the long term loss as those who bought a contract, it's a good deal. Check this link as a start:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/dvc/index.shtml

Upvote 0

disneydudette

Re: You can stay onsite cheap!

Originally posted by Talsonic
Mom is right. There are many DVC and other timeshare owners that are now forced to "rent" in order to at least get something for their money. The economy has gone south and the travel industry is hurting. If you have the money and the desire to visit WDW you should be able to get 40% to 65% off. Many of the DVC owners have "use or lose" points so they are grateful for anything they can get to just "rent" their points. I am not a big fan of the DVC resorts but when you can stay there for pennies on the dollar and not have to worry about the long term loss as those who bought a contract, it's a good deal. Check this link as a start:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/dvc/index.shtml

WOW!! I never thought of that....

Upvote 0

dreamer

If you keep checking for deals, you may eventually get something at Old Key West within your budget. You'd need a 2 BR. They are beautiful, large and the resort is relaxing. The pool is not heavily "themed" but is nice, and you can pool-hop to Boardwalk for the kids if you want.

The "rack rate" of the 2BR is scary, but if you're persistent you may be able to get a rate up to 50% off. Check mousesavers.com and keep checking the central reservation office (not the "travel company").

Even the rooms at the "Deluxe" resorts are surprisingly small. If you want roominess on site you'll have to try OKW as far as I know. (The other "home away from home" resorts have smaller rooms and are more expensive.)

Again, check mousesavers.com. You will probably find something at one of the Downtown Disney hotels within your budget.

Upvote 0

Terp02

Though I've never stayed there, what about looking into Fort Wilderness and renting a cabin or something of that nature. I'm not sure of costs and roominess, but you may be able to get something. If not that, then definitely go with a DVC timeshare or a Villa; it's bigger and probably would come out close to the price of having two rooms in a Moderate resort.

Upvote 0

mousefan17

Original Poster
Originally posted by lentesta
Mousefan17, are you considering two adjoining rooms, or is only one big room possible because of the kids?

we were hoping for one room

Its my aunt and uncle and their 4 kids, so one room would be best.

Upvote 0

mousefan17

Original Poster
Originally posted by lentesta
Coronado Springs is, IMO, the best moderate resort. Try Casitas 4 - it's close to a bus stop and a "quiet" (i.e., adult) pool.

Since it comes out tomorrow, I guess I can reveal one new thing in the 2003 edition of the Unofficial Guide. You folks are familiar with how Disney determines the cost of a room by its view, right? Parking lot views are the least expensive, then garden views, and water views are the most expensive (generally).

Essentially, Disney determines what view to charge for by looking straight out the door of the room. Whatever you see, that's the view they call it and charge for.

The interesting thing about this is that there are certain less-expensive rooms that have partial views of water if you just turn your head slightly. Other inexpensive rooms have wonderful views of foliage, or great views of the fireworks at night.

For the 2003 edition of the Unofficial Guide, we went room-by-room through every resort in Walt Disney World to determine which rooms had the best views for the money. Those room numbers are listed in this year's Guide.

For example, I did part of the Yacht Club, and listed which rooms would have views of the Epcot fireworks, and which views would be blocked by trees. We also listed which rooms were near ice machines, stairwells or laundry facilities (not sure if that last bit made it in, due to page count constraints). You can use this information to request a specific room number by fax about a week before you go.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Len

Thats so awsome, thanks alot!

Upvote 0

mousefan17

Original Poster
thanks everyone!

we have PLENTY of time to decide, (we are not going untill next july! lol, i am a little over excited already!)

someone said something about the DTD hotels. if we did that we would have to get a car, because the bus system for the DTD hotels STINKS! did that in 2001... (we did the 7 day cruise and had one day left on a park hopper from a few years back, so wanted to use it, thought that staying in DTD would be ok for 2 nights, but the bus system stunk!!)

thanks again for everyones help!

Upvote 0

dreamer

The villas at Fort Wilderness have a max of 6 people. I know because I have 5 kids so we can't stay there. The most reasonable place, again, to stay in one unit on Disney property with 7 people is Old Key West. I am a member of DVC and they gave me a night in a 2BR for about $350 in September. They may be extending that special to non DVC members -- you'd have to call. I don't think you'll find anything cheaper on property unless you go to 2 units.

The next closest thing as a I mentioned above would be to stay at one of the Downtown Disney hotels. Mousesavers was listing some unbelievable deals for them last time I checked. I don't know if those hotels have suites for 7 people or not.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by mousefan17
thanks everyone!

we have PLENTY of time to decide, (we are not going untill next july! lol, i am a little over excited already!)

someone said something about the DTD hotels. if we did that we would have to get a car, because the bus system for the DTD hotels STINKS! did that in 2001... (we did the 7 day cruise and had one day left on a park hopper from a few years back, so wanted to use it, thought that staying in DTD would be ok for 2 nights, but the bus system stunk!!)

thanks again for everyones help!

But if you stay off property you will still need a car. So really you either have to pay more for a room or pay for a car. And with 7 people you pretty much need a mini van.

Upvote 0

Lance

I say you get a Fort Wilderness Cabin..........

You can actually get seven people in there, just the seventh person needs to sleep on the couch(but I must say, I lounged out on it and it was very comfortable). OR you could just get the kids to bring their sleeping bags and the FLOOR it is, that's what my dad and his girlfriend use to have us do(it was 2 adults and the four kids in a standard room). You get a queen bed, bunk beds, murphy bed and a couch.......

AND........I got a FW cabin for $159 a nite, and that was last week, so they are so unbelievably affordable, I keep saying, the most under-rated accomadations in all of WDW are the Fort Wilderness Cabins.

Upvote 0

Cindy Rella

Originally posted by mousefan17

:sohappy: oh oh I will be running out tommorrow and buying that guide! what a great idea!

:hammer: unfortunately, have already done a bit of requesting on our ressies but I am sure I could call back

thanks mousefan17!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom