Hotel Reccomendation

mousefan17

I will be going again, and I was wondering what Disney hotel, (or even one off of property) someone would reccomend for

3 adults (one being 18)
and 4 younger kids

theres alotta of us! and we want the cheapest room possible!

any reccomendations!?

cm1988

Originally posted by mousefan17

we were hoping for one room

Its my aunt and uncle and their 4 kids, so one room would be best.
The Polynesian and Contemporary have the largest guest rooms on property, and could handle seven... still, I'd recommend you find at minimum a one-bedroom villa (DVC or offsite) or a Ft. Wilderness vacation home.

You might want to check rates at expedia.com or call (407) W-DISNEY to see what specials may be available.

Upvote 0

fanofwdw

Think about the FW Cabins...

I would just throw my 2 cents in...

Consider the FW Cabins. I was severely tempted at doing them this year. Right now they are running a $139 per night on-line special (www.waltdisneyworld.com)...which you can't beat!

You could easily do 7. Two bunk beds, a normal double bed, and "Murphy Bed" (a bed in the living room...yes living room that pulls down).

Check out Jeff Spencer's page for more info.

http://home.hiwaay.net/~jlspence/faq_fw.htm

Upvote 0

wdwguru

Hotel Recommendation

On my first two visits as a family, we stayed at the Wilderness Homes. It has a separate bedroom with bunk beds and I believe a full or a queen size bed. Then in the living room there is a full size or queen size murphy bed. If one of the children is in a crib, you could sleep seven in a Wilderness Home or Cabin, but it will be a little cramped. Also, while you do get a kitchen, there is only one bathroom. But on premises, for the money, you won't find anything less expensive to accomodate all of you. If no one is in a crib, to stay on premises you will need to stay in a two bedroom unit at one of the DVC properties to stay together or use two rooms. Hope that helps answer any questions you might have about the Wilderness Homes.

Upvote 0

lentesta

Premium Member
FW Cabins are $139? That's a good deal. I paid something like $200/night years ago. We slept 6 adults in the cabin, and it was fine.

The only thing I'd be concerned about is the transportation time to the parks. If I recall correctly, some of the waits to get a bus or boat were pretty long. With a car, of course, it's not a problem.

Good suggestion!

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Homewood Suites (Hilton) has an internet special of $89 a night for Nov. for a Queen Suite. They have a free shuttle to WDW. a fully equipped kitchen with a full size refrigerator, microwave, stove top, dishwasher and utensils. A complimentory daily pantry breakfast. And a complimentary evening social monday - thursday with hot and cold hordourves(sp?)

Upvote 0

conntom

OK here I go the Hotel I go to is name Grosvenor I know its
not the best Hotel but the Price is good and I like the food and
the Rooms. Then there is a short walk to downtown Disney.
I know some people did not like this Hotel but I do.
I think the staff is a one the Price is around 79,00 to 109 a
night www.grosvenorresort.com try it you may like it.:)

Upvote 0

roysta123

The cabins at Fort Wilderness are one of the best secrets in Disney World. They are airconditioned, have a full kitchen, and sleep at least 6 people. They are about $225 a night and their not far from the MK.

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by Kingdom Konsultant
Homewood Suites (Hilton) has an internet special of $89 a night for Nov. for a Queen Suite. They have a free shuttle to WDW. a fully equipped kitchen with a full size refrigerator, microwave, stove top, dishwasher and utensils. A complimentory daily pantry breakfast. And a complimentary evening social monday - thursday with hot and cold hordourves(sp?)

Wow! That sounds pretty great! Are the rooms nice?

Upvote 0

Dizknee_Phreek

i agree with those who said check out renting some DVC points! personally, i would NEVER stay off property unless i just HAD to...so, my suggestion would be to stay off property if it's your LAST resort. (no pun intended :animwink: ) someone may have already said this, but i think the biggest rooms for the DVC resorts sleep up to 12. somebody correct me if i'm wrong on that, though. but i think it'd definately be worth your while to check out renting some points!

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by Dizknee_Phreek
i agree with those who said check out renting some DVC points! personally, i would NEVER stay off property unless i just HAD to...so, my suggestion would be to stay off property if it's your LAST resort. (no pun intended :animwink: ) someone may have already said this, but i think the biggest rooms for the DVC resorts sleep up to 12. somebody correct me if i'm wrong on that, though. but i think it'd definately be worth your while to check out renting some points!

Girlfriend, I hear you! :) I never thought I'd ever even look into off-property, but the deal he's talking about sounds pretty good....especially since I'm mostly broke and the negative AS experience...PM me sometime and maybe we can talk about it - you know I need all the help I can get!

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
You are 8 miles from Disney. And to be honest with you, if you are not staying on property, you're not going to feel that special Disney magic. You will feel the excitement of being near Disney, but it won't be anything like actually being there. Have you thougth about 2 adjoining rooms at the ALL STARS to save money? Their are special going on right now and it will save you money.

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by Kingdom Konsultant
You are 8 miles from Disney. And to be honest with you, if you are not staying on property, you're not going to feel that special Disney magic. You will feel the excitement of being near Disney, but it won't be anything like actually being there. Have you thougth about 2 adjoining rooms at the ALL STARS to save money? Their are special going on right now and it will save you money.

Thank you for your honesty :) - for me it's not a space issue (it's just DH & I), it's a quality thing...the only time I've ever stayed at the AS, it was pretty bad..:( Before we booked there a friend said to us "It's Disney, how bad could it be?" Well, while I've stayed in worse rooms, it really wasn't what I expected from Disney....I mean, come on now - stained carpets and holes in the walls at Disney? I know you get what you pay for, but D***! I at least expected well-maintaned!

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by mousefan17
I agree with everyone that said that staying off property just isnt the same as staying on!

:)

You're missing my point...I was on Disney property, and there was no magic :cry: I've never stayed off property - I'm really scared to - but if it's going to be a nicer hotel for the $$, I'm now considering it. Maybe Disney needs to try a bit harder to keep the Magic alive

Upvote 0

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by cymbaldiva

Girlfriend, I hear you! :) I never thought I'd ever even look into off-property, but the deal he's talking about sounds pretty good....especially since I'm mostly broke and the negative AS experience...PM me sometime and maybe we can talk about it - you know I need all the help I can get!

actually, my post was directed more towards mousefan's original post...but anyway :D please, don't let one bad experience at AS ruin your whole view of all the AS. they really are nice resorts!

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by Dizknee_Phreek

actually, my post was directed more towards mousefan's original post...but anyway :D please, don't let one bad experience at AS ruin your whole view of all the AS. they really are nice resorts!

Sorry, my bad....:(

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom