Hotel or Vacation Home?

lnmjameson

Help!!
We are currently booked at the Holiday Inn Family Suites. However, I have looked into some vacation homes and now am totally confused. We are traveling with Grandparents and 4 children ages 5 - 13. What should we do? This will probably be our one & only trip & we want to do it right but we have a limited budget. Suggestions?

Debbie

If at all possible, try to get on Disney property. When you are tired and have to wait for a bus to get to the TTC, or catch the tram to get to your parking aisle, then ride out of Disney property then, you have spent an hour. Staying on Disney property gives you the luxury of not having to pile the family in the vehicle and drive your weary self to where you need to be. Try Mousesavers.com and check if any discounts are available for when you would like to go. Then compare your options.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

kids that age would love the All-Star Resorts, and they, like all disney resorts, offer an experience you won't find anywhere else. Gotta go disney! I might recommend All-Star Sports or All-Star Movies over All-Star Music...my favorite of the three being All-Star Movies. Depending on when you go, it can be as little as $77/night...how ever that compares with other hotels you have looked at, I don't know.

Upvote 0

NowInc

Originally posted by DogsRule!
kids that age would love the All-Star Resorts, and they, like all disney resorts, offer an experience you won't find anywhere else. Gotta go disney! I might recommend All-Star Sports or All-Star Movies over All-Star Music...my favorite of the three being All-Star Movies. Depending on when you go, it can be as little as $77/night...how ever that compares with other hotels you have looked at, I don't know.

Offsite hotels range from as little as 40 bucks a night...sooooo you be the judge...

Upvote 0

Tramp

Originally posted by lnmjameson
Help!!
We are currently booked at the Holiday Inn Family Suites. However, I have looked into some vacation homes and now am totally confused. We are traveling with Grandparents and 4 children ages 5 - 13. What should we do? This will probably be our one & only trip & we want to do it right but we have a limited budget. Suggestions?

Doing it right and a limited budget will be in conflict.....
Consider renting an off-site timeshare unit....2 bedrooms , 2 baths, full kitchen, laundry....when you have that many people travelling, you'll need all the space you can get and one huge timeshare may be cheaper than two modest Disney Hotel rooms and will be huge compared to the dog houses that Disney calls hotel rooms...you don't say how u will be getting to WDW...drive or fly....if u fly, you'll have to rent a car or van....it will be miserable trying to use buses with that many people...renting a vehicle could be a budget buster, however.

i know people that rented a beautiful 2 bedroom timeshare near Seaworld for $99 a night....Marriot runs specials on their timeshares as well as Sheraton.....and I'm sure others do also.

We stay often in the Sheraton Vistana Villages behind Seaworld...(don't confuse these with the old Vistana Timeshares)...you'll be hard-pressed to find nicer accommodations...easy access to the parks within 8 minutes...I was in line last July waiting to check in and overheard someone renting a 2 bedroom unit for $130 a night...
finally, we own timeshare at Orange Lake Country Club on Rt 192 right behind the Animal Kingdom....they rent timeshare units and the price ranges from season to season and the type of unit you rent....

Hope some of this helps....Good Luck....

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

I love those disney "doghouses"! Something about walking by a 50-foot Dalmatian that makes disney appealling to me...wouldn't renting a car basically kill the change in price between the cardboard boxes in kissimee and my beloved "doghouses"? I've never rented a car, but they have gotta be more than $37/day...and I KNOW those hotels don't have 50-foot dalmatians!...probably don't play music at their unthemed pools...

Upvote 0

tednvon

Hi..more info to add to your decision....We have been over 30 times with kids and grandkids, and we always stay off property in a rented home or condo.....we use vrbo.com and have always been pleased....here you can get a 3 to 4 bedroom home for a 100 a night or less with 3 baths, your own pool and all within a short drive to Disney...I know some people will disagree with me, but I have no doubt that I can get in my car in the parking lot at MK or any other park and be in our condo or home as fast or faster than the Disney bus system....I can't beat the monorail to GF, Poly, or Contemporary, but I also am not paying 200 to 400 a night per room for 3 rooms for all the family.......If you prefer a condo ( no private pool) I would suggest vrbo. com and look at the 3 bedroom 3 bath at #2375....this condo has king beds, private baths and is really nice.....this condo is not our property or property of any friend, just a very nice place to stay for under 600 a week...good luck....I would NOT do HIFS with a group as big as yours unless you get at least THREE rooms.....Look on vrbo for a 4 bedroom with two master suites.....there are a bunch of them.........and always offer the low season rate...they are really looking for business and will work with you....You will LOVE Disney....Grandpa Ted

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom