1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Hotel New York to be reimagined as New York: The Art of Marvel

Discussion in 'Disneyland Paris' started by 2351metalcloud, Jul 15, 2017.

1. 2351metalcloud

2351metalcloud Active Member

http://www.slashfilm.com/disney-to-...at-marvel-and-star-wars-hotels-d23-expo-2017/

(large size art from site mentioned above):
    https://i1.wp.com/www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-content/images/DLPHNYL678473896.jpg
    https://i2.wp.com/www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-content/images/Image_DLP_Hotel-New-York-Lobby.jpg

--------------------------------

Now for some speculation on my part:
    One of the works of concept art for the Marvel hotel has various phrases above the openings for various hallways like they are labels for where the hallways lead to. One of the hallways has the three letters "SKY" above it. Could this be for a hallway that would have "SKYLINER" or "SKYWAY" above it if we were to see it after the hotel has been changed. Does Disneyland Paris have anything else you guys think this might refer to besides a Skyliner or Skyway for the parks/resort?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  2. Brummyboy92

Brummyboy92 New Member

I was honestly expecting more than this for Paris.

Looks pretty good though.

David2319 likes this.
  3. The Empress Lilly

The Empress Lilly Well-Known Member

4. AndyS2992

AndyS2992 Well-Known Member

Meh, I'm fine with this. The building looks like it fell out a comic book to begin with so fits fine.

Robbiem likes this.
  5. Kev1982

Kev1982 Member

Better nor rise entree prices for this

6. Kev1982

Kev1982 Member

Was so hoping for some sort of water ride and something for fantasyland and please get rid of that ugly made up princess pavilion at its a small world

David2319 likes this.
  7. WildernessLodge

WildernessLodge Well-Known Member

That's annoying. More than likely I'll never stay there either way lol but I'm not into Marvel at all. I mean do they need a whole hotel?

8. Sir_Cliff

Sir_Cliff Well-Known Member

I was thinking Hotel New York might be my next hotel to try after the refurb, but I honestly don't think I would be interested now. I'm pretty indifferent to Marvel but I would probably choose to go back to Sequoia, Newport, or even Santa Fe over a Marvel hotel as I find those themes more engaging.

David2319 and Kev1982 like this.
  9. croboy82

croboy82 Active Member

meh........i can't believe that was all for DLP :(

Kev1982 likes this.
  10. Brummyboy92

Brummyboy92 New Member

Is there a reason not much came out for Disneyland Paris from the Expo?

11. The Empress Lilly

The Empress Lilly Well-Known Member

Everything looked better than ever for DLP recently. Then TWDC assumed 100% ownership. TWDC is a barbaric corporation out to destroy everything that makes a Disney resort Disney.

lazyboy97o likes this.
  12. lazyboy97o

lazyboy97o Well-Known Member

Didn’t you hear Bobbie C? Just like Epcot, adding Marvel to Hotel New York will help make it “more ‘Disney’”!

13. peep

peep Active Member

I don't know why anyone thought Paris would get any sort of announcement at D23? They've only just purchased the resort, they're probably still working out a plan of how to move forward etc.

I think the new theme will be just fine for Hotel New York. Aside from the artwork in the main hall I doubt you'll really notice the Marvel aspect too much. The re-themes in Sequoia and Newport Bay have been quite subtle and work well with the original themes. Marvel is also crazy popular in Europe, it's sure to gain some decent attention. It'll still be way over priced for me to ever consider staying there though.

14. Sir_Cliff

Sir_Cliff Well-Known Member

I'm sure this is very much the case. Even before D23, though, I was thinking that it might not be the best place to announce grand new plans for Disneyland Paris. Wouldn't it be better to announce anything big with great fanfare to the press in Paris and direct the news at a European audience rather than bury it amongst a host of announcements about WDW and Disneyland to a US audience in Anaheim?

peep likes this.
  15. Robbiem

Robbiem Active Member

I could imagine this refurb on a few levels- the common areas and some rooms will probably get a subtle make over with marvel theming (art work on the walls, names of stores and restaurants etc).

Some rooms may end up with a much heavier theme - maybe rooms with themes based on individual characters which will,probably carry an up charge - Tokyo did this with the ambassador and Disneyland hotels and I think it's been popular