Hotel New York to be reimagined as New York: The Art of Marvel

2351metalcloud

Original Poster
http://www.slashfilm.com/disney-to-...at-marvel-and-star-wars-hotels-d23-expo-2017/

Over in Disneyland Paris, Disney is re-imagining their former Hotel New York into New York: The Art of Marvel. “We’re going to create a hotel at Disneyland Paris that would make Tony Stark proud,” Chapek said.

The hotel “will transport our guests to the inspiring world of superheroes including Iron Man, The Avengers, and Spider Man among others!” Chapek announced.

Guests will be able to explore the Marvel universe through art, films, superhero costumes and more, all in a contemporary art gallery.

(large size art from site mentioned above):
https://i1.wp.com/www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-content/images/DLPHNYL678473896.jpg
https://i2.wp.com/www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-content/images/Image_DLP_Hotel-New-York-Lobby.jpg

--------------------------------

Now for some speculation on my part:
One of the works of concept art for the Marvel hotel has various phrases above the openings for various hallways like they are labels for where the hallways lead to. One of the hallways has the three letters "SKY" above it. Could this be for a hallway that would have "SKYLINER" or "SKYWAY" above it if we were to see it after the hotel has been changed. Does Disneyland Paris have anything else you guys think this might refer to besides a Skyliner or Skyway for the parks/resort?

Last edited:

Kev1982

Was so hoping for some sort of water ride and something for fantasyland and please get rid of that ugly made up princess pavilion at its a small world

Sir_Cliff

I was thinking Hotel New York might be my next hotel to try after the refurb, but I honestly don't think I would be interested now. I'm pretty indifferent to Marvel but I would probably choose to go back to Sequoia, Newport, or even Santa Fe over a Marvel hotel as I find those themes more engaging.

peep

I don't know why anyone thought Paris would get any sort of announcement at D23? They've only just purchased the resort, they're probably still working out a plan of how to move forward etc.

I think the new theme will be just fine for Hotel New York. Aside from the artwork in the main hall I doubt you'll really notice the Marvel aspect too much. The re-themes in Sequoia and Newport Bay have been quite subtle and work well with the original themes. Marvel is also crazy popular in Europe, it's sure to gain some decent attention. It'll still be way over priced for me to ever consider staying there though.

Sir_Cliff

I don't know why anyone thought Paris would get any sort of announcement at D23? They've only just purchased the resort, they're probably still working out a plan of how to move forward etc.
I'm sure this is very much the case. Even before D23, though, I was thinking that it might not be the best place to announce grand new plans for Disneyland Paris. Wouldn't it be better to announce anything big with great fanfare to the press in Paris and direct the news at a European audience rather than bury it amongst a host of announcements about WDW and Disneyland to a US audience in Anaheim?

Robbiem

I could imagine this refurb on a few levels- the common areas and some rooms will probably get a subtle make over with marvel theming (art work on the walls, names of stores and restaurants etc).

Some rooms may end up with a much heavier theme - maybe rooms with themes based on individual characters which will,probably carry an up charge - Tokyo did this with the ambassador and Disneyland hotels and I think it's been popular

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom