hotel busing

PhotoDave219

Yes, yes they still do (but rumor has it they're going to start offering each on-property guest a collectable, numbered, personal magic carpet instead :D )

Upvote 0

Erika

Busses are up and running! They do a nice job. They are supposed to run every 20 min or so but usually they come much quicker than that.

Upvote 0

Invero

I sure hope we still have the buses! Otherwise, I'll be out of work! LOL

Buses run from the Disney Resorts to the 4 theme parks, 2 water parks, and Downtown Disney. They start 1 hour prior to park opening, and run until the park is closed and clear of all guests. Dispatch intervals are typically 15 mins or less, however, actual arrival times may vary.

Upvote 0

Barnie

Fantasia Boi-Quick question...

...if you would be so kind. First timer to WDW upcoming this month and we are planning on bussing to the parks on early entry days. Do the busses start running at 7:OO for and early entry at 8:00? I'm hoping that they don't start at 8:00 for a 9:00 opening or we won't be able to take advantage of EE.

Barnie
6/18-6/23

Upvote 0

Invero

Re: Fantasia Boi-Quick question...

Originally posted by Barnie
...if you would be so kind. First timer to WDW upcoming this month and we are planning on bussing to the parks on early entry days. Do the busses start running at 7:OO for and early entry at 8:00? I'm hoping that they don't start at 8:00 for a 9:00 opening or we won't be able to take advantage of EE.

Barnie
6/18-6/23

Buses start running one hour to park opening. So, if a park opens for early entry at 8:00, the buses start running at 7:00.

Upvote 0
We just found out that the dolphin is completelly sold out for a convention in aug 17-20, so my question is will they put on any extra busses for this. I have nightmares already of waiting with huge crowds especially since they have over 1,000 rooms. I know the people will be at their convention for most of the day but since its the summer maybe alot of them will have familys tagging along. because of this we have to stay in the swan, oh well it will just have to do, its just not as kid friendly I heard.

Any comments from transportation CM's would be appreciated.

Upvote 0

Invero

Our dispatching system is highly dynamic and demand responsive. I wouldn't worry at all. Besides, most of the conventioneers usually have rental cars, and thier own charter buses. That's why Coronado Springs routes are so quiet, even when it's fully booked.

Upvote 0

Woody13

Originally posted by Fantasia Boi
Our dispatching system is highly dynamic and demand responsive. I wouldn't worry at all. Besides, most of the conventioneers usually have rental cars, and thier own charter buses. That's why Coronado Springs routes are so quiet, even when it's fully booked.

Boy is that the truth! WDW buses stage all over the place. They are like cats waiting to pounce on mice (not Mickey). If the monorail has a problem then WDW buses are sent to solve the delay. If a big unexpected crowd shows up at a particular bus stop, then dispatch gets the problem solved quickly. The flexibility of the WDW buses is the reason why you will not see an expansion of the monorail. The WDW buses rule. :)

Upvote 0
Thanks for the info, I was also wondering about the boat transportation too. Do they send extra boats or is it load as many onto the frienship as you can and just wait for the next one.

Thanks so much:) :)

Upvote 0

billybaruch1

Does All-Star Movies have only one bus stop? If so, is that a problem? :confused:

I'm used to the old Dixie Landings and Coronado Springs, where the buses go around the resort. :sohappy:

It seems the Fairytale Vacation Package is so popular, I was told there are no more reservations for October available for any moderate resort. So, I'm considering the value resorts, almost as a "last resort," but not really. I'm sure it will be great. :D

Upvote 0

roysta123

Fantasia Boi

Do you know what time the boats from the MK and Contemporary to the Wilderness Logde start running and when they stop? Also, do you know how Disney can assist you if you are moving from one resort to another?

Upvote 0

Invero

Originally posted by marypopmom
Thanks for the info, I was also wondering about the boat transportation too. Do they send extra boats or is it load as many onto the frienship as you can and just wait for the next one.

Thanks so much:) :)

Yes, and no. It depends on the location. MK boats are usually better than the Friendship Cruisers...

Upvote 0

Invero

Re: Fantasia Boi

Originally posted by roysta123
Do you know what time the boats from the MK and Contemporary to the Wilderness Logde start running and when they stop? Also, do you know how Disney can assist you if you are moving from one resort to another?

Boats from the WL to the Contemporary run from 7:45am - 10:00pm.

Boats from FW/WL to MK run from 30 mins prior to park opening until 45 mins after park closes.

Upvote 0

Barnie

Fantasia Boi-another question

I posted this one on a different thread and was hoping you could answer it. It was posted on the Caribbean Beach Again thread

"I've read conflicting reports on the bus routes. For us, first on/first off will definitely be high priority. Does anyone know if Jamaica is the first stop, then Trinidads, Martinique, Barbados and finally Aruba? If so, that would be the clincher for Jamaica for us. Thanks in advance."

PhotoDave219 replied that you may have already answered this, but he wasn't sure what the route is.

Thanks,
Barnie

Upvote 0

Invero

I can't tell you where the start point is, because it can change at any given moment.

There are two entrances to Caribbean Beach, and three designated start points... Jamaica, Martinique, and Trinidad South. Buses could start at any one of these three start points.

Our system is highly dynamic, and responds to guest demand, especially in the morning Magic On Demand system.

Upvote 0

Barnie

Thanks, Fantasia Boi

So... six of one and a half dozen of the other. Thanks for the info. See you next week! If you see 12 (6 adults and 6 kids) of us turning in circles with our heads spinning, be sure to say hi.

Barnie

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom