Hot, Crowded, and Magical: My 4th Visit to the Walt Disney World Resort

Normally, I would never wake up at 4:15 in the morning. But if you throw Disney World in there, you got yourself a deal. So bright and early, we arrive at Orlando International. So when we get there, we basically have the whole day, but we didn't by park hoppers for that day because we just wanted to chillax.
The date is Sunday, June 24, 2007. There is a haze from the recent brush fire, and my family and I are going to enjoy a day at the pool. It is hot andd humid: perfect Florida weather. First I went down the waterslide at the Beach Pool (It is much fun to do with your eyes closed). I went on that 5 or 6 times, and walked the beach somewhere between there. Later in the afternoon we showered and got dressed to go to Spoodles at the Boardwalk. However, that was when there was a huge thunderstorm and we were left stranded and soaked at the Yacht Club. We finally got to hire a cab and we got there by the time the rain started to let up. Spoodles was excellent (what else is new?) and after that we shopped at some nearby stores where I bought a bag of cherry sours, Reses Pieces, Cherrry jellybeans, and other assorted candies. I also bought a few CDs exclusive to WDW including the Haunted Mansion, POTC, and SpectroMagic soundtracks.
~End Day 1~

The next day, we headed over to Typhoon Lagoon, where we saw none other than Corbin Bleu. We spent some time in the wave pool, hung out, went on some slides, and had a lot of fun. That night we had dinner at the San Angel Inn at the EPCOT Center, so we went over to the EPCOT Center for that. But first, I went on Mission: Space for the first time (and probably last) as an engineer on the Green Team. Later, we went on the Gran Fiesta Tour, which was pleasant, but a little hard to keep track of and it didn't really reflect the culture of Mexico. Our dinner was lovely and that night we watched my favorite fireworkds show IllumiNations from Japan (in a secret spot!!)
~End Day 2~

Today we woke up bright and early for the Animal Kingdom, and got there before park opening. However we were entertained by a talking Palm Tree (where else but Disney World?) and a jungle introduction by none other than the Fab5. We went straight to EE and went on that. It was very, very intense, but worth the 10 minute wait. After that we went to Kali River Rapids (for VMK Questing and riding purposes) and did not get that wet (now THAT'S news). Kilimanjaro Safaris was after that (liked it better this time 'round) and headed over to Restarurantosarus for some grub. We left the park a couple hours or so later.
That night we went to the Magic Kingdom, where we went on the Jungle Cruise (Jenn is the best skipper!!!!!), the refurbished Pirates of the Caribbean, waited for 40 minutes in line for Big Thunder Mountain (CURSE YOU FASTPASS!!!) and did a LOT of waiting. Today was also a day for my VMK Quests.

~End Day 3~

Kingdom WDW

Original Poster
Day 4 would be our Magic Kingdom Day, and my first symptoms of WDWW (Walt Disney World Withdrawl). We woke up early and headed straight to Space Mountain for some FastPasses. The ride shut down early that morning, so we went to Carousel of Progress (a surprise hit) and my first time on Space Ranger Spin. (Pangalactic Pilot, not bad). We went on Space Mountain, which was a lot of fun but jerky. Later was the Tomorrowland Speedway (please update) and saw PUSH the amazing talking trash can. We then went to Fantasyland and did most of the shows there (although in all four of my visits I never got around to doing Peter Pan's Flight). After that we were pretty much done, but later we searched in vain for a paint brush on Tom Sawyer Island. Later we left for some pool time and the Hoop-de-Doo which was hilarious, if not slightly inappropriate. However, a major transportation error made us 15 minutes late and literally had us sprinting to the steps of Pioneer Hall. After that was Splash Mountain (after a 50 minute wait, of course) and then there was no wait for Small World.
~End Day 4~

Thursday was also a depressing day, mostly because the next day would be our second-to-last. In the morning we conquered the EPCOT Center by going on Test Track (oh, just another long wait), Universe of Energy featuring Ellen's Energy Adventure, the Circle of Life, and the Seas with Nemo and Friends. All except Soarin' and Living with the Land. Note: The frozen raspberry lemonades and frozen cokes by Test Track were AMAZING. On the way out we went on SSE for the last time before the refurb, while I tried in vain to film it.
That night was Downtown Disney, and after a short look at Pin Trading and a shop through World of Disney (where I purchased a Jungle Cruise attraction poster) we went to DisneyQuest. I only went on two "rides", AstroBlasters (great fun but looong waits) and Virtual Jungle Cruise (frustrating).
~End Day 5~

Kingdom WDW

Original Poster
Our last full day in the park made me very very sad, but none the less it was fun. We went to the Disney Studios, and our (at least the rest of my party's) first order of buisness was Tower of Terror. I waited patiently in the gift shop. After that was Rock 'n' Rollercoaster, the most thrilling ride and a favorite of mine. (It is one of the few rollercoasters I will ever go on). We also went to Sounds Dangerous, Muppet*Vision 4-D, the Great Movie Ride, and the Magic of Disney Animation. This all led up to the exciting climax of the morning: Lunch with an Imagineer. A full review will be located in the "Imagineer" section of this forum. After that we left admist a rain shower and ran with two glass plates and pants that were falling down to the bus stop, which we couldn't seem to find. After a dip in the pool and a shower, we were back at the studios for the Fantasmic dinner package, where we had a delicious dinner at Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano. When our deliciouus dinner was over, we made our way over to Oscars for the "secret" entrance to the Hollywood Hills Ampitheatre. After a half hour of doing the wave and socializing, the show started. For me it still doesn't beat IllumiNations, but was a 4 1/2 star production. That night was hectic, because the Magical Express pickup was at 6:30.
~End Day 6~

Day 7 was sad, mostly because it was the day we would leave. I didn't have enough time to do anything, to make matters worse. Vacation over admist tears. Now, less than 12 hours after leaving MCO, WDWW has set in which is why I might be overly obsessiving or have excessive posting in/around fansites.
~Sadly, the End of Day 7~

Side notes:
-For those considering to do a concierge at the Grand Flo, the Sugar Loaf might be your best bet. The food was great and plentiful and had much variety. And after you pay the extra every night for concierge, you can take as much food as you want. Also, the staff were very helpful and met us at the Magical Express when we got off.
-The weather was not especially bad, so that was pleasant but not a factor of our vacation.
-Flying in early is good, because you could be on property faster.
-Going to the waterpark on a Monday morning proved to be less crowded.

See ya real soon!
~Kingdom WDW

KnK

Thanks....I know the WDW blues.....even after a 10 night stay I get it. But only 70 more days till I get to wash away the blues.

DisneyGigi

Great trip report...Glad you had a great time:)
I know what you mean about "sad days" I am always thinking okay, I have this many days... it goes by too fast, when we leave, the whole walk out I am looking back over my shoulder... sooo sad.
I am so glad that we are going back soon.

Flight Safety

WDW Blues

I have been going to WDW twice a month since I was born. Literally. I have only missed about a dozen in almost 23 years. I spend almost every holiday I celibrate including christmas @ WDW. And still I get the blues when it is time to go. I usually go on the weekends and stay for 2 nights which gives me 2 and 1/2 days @ WDW. But on Sunday afternoon, Im so sad to go. Every time I book my accomodations, I get overly excited and talk about it up untill I check into my hotel. It drives my girlfriend absolutley crazy. She too is a die hard fan but can only take so much of my obsession.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom