Hospitality House Rumored Close Date

crazydaveh

Original Poster
Hello all.

As a former Beer School instructor, it saddens me with the news from people who work at the Brew Master's Club in Orlando that the Hospitality House (Beer House) will close on January 31.

I have heard from several employees who I used to work with and are still employed and they have said it's done, but then again, they're just hearing it from others as well, so take it as it is, as a RUMOR.

No more free beer... Man, can anyone else say TAILGATING at SeaWorld!

sillykid

As expected, but too bad. Always enjoyed seeing the horses, getting away from theme park atmosphere and having a little beer. Thanks for the info.

BikerJim

Dave, you know this saddens me alot :(. To top it off Jan 31st is my Birthday. I may even have time to finally visit Shamu in February :shrug:.

crazydaveh

Original Poster
Dave, you know this saddens me alot :(. To top it off Jan 31st is my Birthday. I may even have time to finally visit Shamu in February :shrug:.

I think we'll have to be there on the 31st. Maybe wear the old Beer School Uniform and get lots of free ABI beer!

Figment1986

Jan 31 for SeaWorld!? I herd Jan 20 for the one at Busch Gardens...

Given the Team Member meeting later today, we will all find out the news on everything soon.

*plans to be at BGT Jan 20 with a video camera and get permission to do a story*

Figment1986

Confirmation has arrived.. The hospitality house at SWO closes on Feb 1, BGT closes in late jan (25th)

both will be reconfigured into a restaurant of some type...

crazydaveh

Original Poster
Thanks Fig for the bad news! We knew it was coming! Oh well, Sam Adams anyone?

Here's the article from the Orlando Sentinel

No more free beer at SeaWorld or Busch Gardens
posted by Jason Garcia on Jan 5, 2009 12:05:55 PM

Busch Entertainment Corp. is about to end of the longest-standing traditions at its theme parks: Free beer sampling.

The company announced this morning that it will close the popular hospitality houses at all of its SeaWorld and Busch Garden parks beginning this month. The facilities will eventually re-open -- without the beer sampling.

In a written statement, Busch didn't offer an explanation for the move. But it said employees at the hospitality centers will remain with the company.

Busch said the Busch Gardens hospitality house in Tampa will close "briefly" at the end of January and re-open with a new "cafe-style menu." The SeaWorld Orlando hospitality house will close for a longer stretch as of Feb. 1 and will ultimately be converted into a new restaurant.

SWatsi

Noooo!!! Disaster as far as I'm concerned. We love to chillout with a free sample. I think Dad might have a heart attack. I will break the news lightly.

BikerJim

I heard Saturday that the HH will be turned into an All-U-Can-Eat place. After Beer, food is my second favorite thing in a Park. That's why I go to the Biergarten in Epcot every Tuesday (OK I miss some Tuesdays, not many).

pheneix

I'll go to Epcot now, at least if we pay for the beer, we can get good beer there!

Dunno where you draw that conclusion Dave. Aside from a smattering of Sam Adams all the beers served at Epcot are Anheuser Busch-InBev products!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom