Horse gets tangled with Balloon

Lilofan

I was quite the butterfingers as a kid. Almost every balloon I had would somehow slip off my fingers and I would feel absolutely crummy over it (not because I got punished over it). It was a mistake and I am aware of that.
If it had been me and depending how bad I felt towards the situation (could’ve been a Christopher Reeves level of freak accident) I may have left or at least took a breather to gather my thoughts. Ultimately, I would know that it was me - myself and I who made the mistake.

Regardless, having a talk with your child about being careful would still be a useful thing to do after an incident like this.
Luckily the streets were not full of guests. In the video a few guests panicked and started to run inside into the merchandise stores when they saw the actions of the horse. The two cast that calmed down the horse need company recognition!

DoleWhipDrea

Gotta clarify a bit what happened here, as those that were there have said more about what happened on Twitter that isn’t seen in the video.

The toddler/small child with the balloon started rushing towards the horse, Merida and handler CMs while their parents weren’t fully paying attention. The dad was able to just catch his child with a fast grab, but in doing so, the child lost hold of their balloon, with the momentum flying it towards the horse’s legs. The handlers walked the horse offstage with the balloon still tied around their legs. Haven’t been able to confirm how the horse is doing.

This could have been very bad for all involved. As it is, horses have a rough time walking on pavement and are more prone to slipping as traction is harder. The pavement is already bad on their legs from the shock of striking their hooves down from their immense weight. If the horse had slipped...

Merida was right to get out of the way as promptly as she could. It’s not a laughing matter.

It was a freak accident, but could very easily happen again. Guests are an unpredictable variable - small children even more so. Perhaps Disney could have more CMs walking between the cavalcade and guests, but that wouldn’t exactly work with social distancing.

People are now calling for the ending of using horses in live entertainment in the parks like this, others are saying that Disney should stop selling balloons, or even both. In any case, this was an awful incident coming at a time when the public is already critical of the parks re-opening. Something is going to have to change to make sure that this never happens again.

po1998

I love how this thread evolves into a parenting argument. Everyone has to be a keyboard warrior, no matter what the topic...politics, virus, police protests, balloon gets tangled on horses leg, etc...

No one was hurt and the cast members did a GREAT job calming the horse.

/endthread

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I love how this thread evolves into a parenting argument. Everyone has to be a keyboard warrior, no matter what the topic...politics, virus, police protests, balloon gets tangled on horses leg, etc...

No one was hurt and the cast members did a GREAT job calming the horse.

/endthread
index(13).jpg

deathcab718

Absolute freak accident. Can we point out though that the Dad had enough sense to get his kid out of the route and then this unfortunate thing happened? Would be surprised if it ever happened again but no reason to start petitions for the horses removal etc nor flame the family.

Movielover

Also props to all CMs involved. No panic. Took care of the situation. The horses probably are out of their normal routine too which could be a factor.

100 percent props to all CMs, the handlers did a good job trying to calm a panicked animal which is one of the most unpredictable things you could have to deal with. Merida did the very smart thing to do and quickly got out of the path of the horse. This just seemed like one complete freak accident.

deathcab718

100 percent props to all CMs, the handlers did a good job trying to calm a panicked animal which is one of the most unpredictable things you could have to deal with. Merida did the very smart thing to do and quickly got out of the path of the horse. This just seemed like one complete freak accident.

Precisely. Imagine her falling off and getting kicked? She didn’t run either which I think helped to calm the situation. They’re trained.
Apologies if I’m blasting just personal frustration over several things lately..... including letting 4 year olds bike around at night in my complex with no lights or parents.... 😤 (Deep Breaths).

Movielover

Precisely. Imagine her falling off and getting kicked? She didn’t run either which I think helped to calm the situation. They’re trained.
Apologies if I’m blasting just personal frustration over several things lately..... including letting 4 year olds bike around at night in my complex with no lights or parents.... 😤 (Deep Breaths).
No need to apologize, venting is healthy! You know what will help with those 4 year old's on bike? Clothes lines! lots of clothes lines strung about waist high across the pathways to hang your clothes to dry. Make sure they are nice and tight because you don't want them to sag from the weight of the carcass... I mean clothes, yes wet lifeless clothes hung out to dry...

I may have a issue... ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom