Horizons

HorizonsMan

Original Poster
Here i pay homage to one of the greatest rides that i have ever known. I have always loved this ride and was sad to see it go. It is a shame that disney continues to kill off the best rides one by one, but unfortunatly that is progress.

Rest in Peace good buddy, May your ideas and dreams that you established always live on in the ones who loved you the most.

Buford

I always saw Horizons as a wise teacher...more like a mother. "She" was wonderful - outstanding sets, so many audio-animatronics, a unique ride system...an OUTSTANDING! score in SO many scenes...from scents...to everything!

But most of all, it's theme! I love it! I love the whole thing! As long as we continue to live and walk and learn, we will always pave the roads for horizons: all shining and new - our world really is a dream come true!

May you rest in peace. Nothing will replace you - you really are a true member of my family, and I love you very much!! You will ALWAYS be alive in our hearts, souls, and dreams.

"So there's a great big beautiful tomorrow..just a dream away!"

HorizonsMan

Original Poster
Originally posted by OneLittleSpark
I always saw Horizons as a wise teacher...more like a mother. "She" was wonderful - outstanding sets, so many audio-animatronics, a unique ride system...an OUTSTANDING! score in SO many scenes...from scents...to everything!

But most of all, it's theme! I love it! I love the whole thing! As long as we continue to live and walk and learn, we will always pave the roads for horizons: all shining and new - our world really is a dream come true!

May you rest in peace. Nothing will replace you - you really are a true member of my family, and I love you very much!! You will ALWAYS be alive in our hearts, souls, and dreams.

"So there's a great big beautiful tomorrow..just a dream away!"

Wonderfull way to put it, to always remember its teaching skills i placed a picture on my class ring that says new horizons to commorate the destrction of a true work of art.

Horizons38

Premium Member
My best memory of Horizons for me was : remember the long walk down and wonderful music to the loading area ? And then it really started ! My god i remember the first time i saw it ! it was 1989 my hubby and i were in our honeymoon and we kept going back to the same ride again and again we were so impressed ! When you got to the big screen that surrended you and just took over your senses ! At the end picking a scene , i always chose the desert one and hubby chose space ! I really wish they could of found another sponsor and still added their Mission Space but not to replace the irreplaceable !:cry: :cry: I actually have a brick from the building that i cherish very much ! (among other Horizons things).

HorizonsMan

Original Poster
Originally posted by Horizons38
My best memory of Horizons for me was : remember the long walk down and wonderful music to the loading area ? And then it really started ! My god i remember the first time i saw it ! it was 1989 my hubby and i were in our honeymoon and we kept going back to the same ride again and again we were so impressed ! When you got to the big screen that surrended you and just took over your senses ! At the end picking a scene , i always chose the desert one and hubby chose space ! I really wish they could of found another sponsor and still added their Mission Space but not to replace the irreplaceable !:cry: :cry: I actually have a brick from the building that i cherish very much ! (among other Horizons things). [/QUOTE

Howd you get a brick?, i wish i had one that i could relive memories from, what other stuff do you have?

Horizons38

Premium Member
Originally posted by HorizonsMan
Originally posted by Horizons38
My best memory of Horizons for me was : remember the long walk down and wonderful music to the loading area ? And then it really started ! My god i remember the first time i saw it ! it was 1989 my hubby and i were in our honeymoon and we kept going back to the same ride again and again we were so impressed ! When you got to the big screen that surrended you and just took over your senses ! At the end picking a scene , i always chose the desert one and hubby chose space ! I really wish they could of found another sponsor and still added their Mission Space but not to replace the irreplaceable !:cry: :cry: I actually have a brick from the building that i cherish very much ! (among other Horizons things). [/QUOTE

Howd you get a brick?, i wish i had one that i could relive memories from, what other stuff do you have?

I got the brick from a friend of mine that knew the crew that worked on that lovely building ! I have a puzzle from GE that depicts the wonderful futuristic scene, i have the folder of the pavillion , pins...most of the other stuff i got at eBay ! I also have numerous videos made by hubby and me , i wish i had more bricks i'll check with my friend and see if he could get another one, he had some saved for himself.:cool:

Lance

Horizons was like nothing else, sadly I only got to go on twice, but I was amazed, loved everything about it.......truly old school Epcot that will be missed.......

Horizons, so charming and new, just wait and see, are dreams will come true, and so on..........................

SirNim

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I swear the Disney Co. says whenever they replace a ride that was so well-loved by the public like Horizons, "...Well, we brought it into the world, and we can take it out, too!"

"If we can dream it, then we really can do it..."

I dream to get Horizons and all our other faithfully departed inspirational attractions back!...

:D
:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom