Horizons song

cosmicray

Original Poster
Sorry, I don't know if this is the right section of the forum to post this in. I've been trying to find the full version and info relating to the Horizons song from the 1978 Epcot Center preview with Card Walker.

The Horizons part starts around 2:45. I've tried searching everything, including the lyrics ("For the whole human race, there is time, there is space, as we reach for new horizons..."), but to no avail. Any help would be much appreciated.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Sorry, I don't know if this is the right section of the forum to post this in. I've been trying to find the full version and info relating to the Horizons song from the 1978 Epcot Center preview with Card Walker.

The Horizons part starts around 2:45. I've tried searching everything, including the lyrics ("For the whole human race, there is time, there is space, as we reach for new horizons..."), but to no avail. Any help would be much appreciated.

No idea. Had trouble finding it...however...

This guy might know!

Confirmed! Spaceship Earth completed according to Disney email

He had all the lyrics (unless he memorized them...which, is possible I suppose?). <grin>

I checked his profile, he's still around, though he's not uber active. @Expo_Seeker40 , thoughts?

cosmicray

Original Poster
Thank you so much! :D Glad to finally have full lyrics, now to just find a copy of the full song, as well as the name of the singer.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Thank you so much! :D Glad to finally have full lyrics, now to just find a copy of the full song, as well as the name of the singer.
The problem I've run into is that it's also called "New Horizons"...so most searches tend to lead to the Sherman Bros. song...though, this could have also been a Sherman concept (somehow I don't think so...) <shrug>

Good luck!

cosmicray

Original Poster
Yep, that's the same problem I keep running into. I've gone through several Horizons music videos on Youtube, as well as googling the lyrics and the phrase "New Horizons", but keep coming up with the Sherman bros. song. I wonder whatever happened to this version?

cosmicray

Original Poster
Thanks for the upload :) Interesting to hear the song went through several phases, though sadly never got used :( I wonder how far it got in the planning stages before being dropped?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Too funny...I search for "new horizons epcot proposed lyrics" in youtube...my video comes up about 12 videos down. Hey, at least it makes front page! <grin>

:p

That guys voice is really familiar...I wouldn't be surprised if he's done other work in the mid/late 70s for Disney...

@marni1971 may know?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Look through the comments on this vid...one of the commentors claims to be the original producer. Maybe he can give you a lead?

The song is used in it as well...

Figments Friend

-
Two versions, both demos by EPCOT song meister Robert Moline who also wrote and performed songs for the original Land and Universe of Energy attractions.
His voice is very familair to classic EPCOT Center music fans.

*Imagination*

1st version is more polished and upbeat -

2nd version starts off slowly, then kicks into a more upbeat tempo before slowing down again.

In the end, the team working on the original JII attraction decided to go in a entirely different direction.
The Sherman Brothers were called in and wrote *One Little Spark*.

As much i i like Robert*s song (Vs 1 above) i think the team made the right decision. Using a different vocalist for the final song choice added some needed variety since EPCOT already had a few of his vocals in other attractions.

The Empress Lilly

Wow, I had never heard that Moline Imagination song.

TBH, good thing they went with the Sherman Bros song. Moline sounds too serious, both his musical style and his voice. His style lends itself better for the more serious tone of Energy. His voice to some country for The Land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom