Horizons/Mission: Space

Are you glad Horizons was leveled to build Mission:Space?

• Yes! Mission Space is MUCH better than Horizons!

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • NO! They could have built M:S elsewhere and refurbished Horizons!

Votes: 19 65.5%
  • Horizons? What was Horizons?

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters

SilentBob37122

Original Poster
Okay...now that we know what Mission:Space is...the question is posed again.

Are you glad the severely-outdated "Horizons" was leveled for this ride?

joyloving3

I haven't ridden M:S yet but I am get SO nostalgic and weepy when I think about Horizons (may in R.I.P.)

I loved that ride. Mmmm, just thinking of it makes me want to eat oranges.

Jessica

General Grizz

Before voting, I ask that you experience Mission: Space. Do not assume it's better or it's worse - often times, people stick with feelings that are pretty much determined before riding - (i.e. Horizons is worse, etc)

Thanks! :)

Dr Albert Falls

Apples and Oranges. You cannot compare the two. One is a slow-moving dark ride. The other is a state-of-the-art space flight simulator.

In a perfect world, it would have been great if Disney could have kept BOTH attractions. But for whatever reasons unknown to us mere outsiders, keeping Horizons was not a good business decision for Disney. We all really need to get over it.

If I had to chose between riding one or the other, I'd pick Mission:Space, hands-down.

If I was Disney and I had to decide which one is going to bring more people through my turnstyles, increase hotel bookings, sell more souvenirs, award me with "bragging rights", and completely amaze my guests, making them scream "WOW!"--- again, Mission:Space is the clear winner.

A Kind Of Magic

Vote Now, Vote Now, Vote Now!

Loranges or Space Apples?

Horizons by GE, well what can I say.

I got dismayed when GE dropped its sponsorship form the ride.

It was a sign things would be going bad.

We all know that the people who got the once in the life time chance to ride Horizons had a unique and special experience.

If we keep on dwelling in the past we will miss out on what's available today.

Ride Mission Space and just have fun!

General Grizz

Sneaky Sneaky Grizz... :D

http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/data/500/747a.JPG

Alright, don't shoot me, but based on the option on this poll that MS could have been built with Horizons, it seems extremely possible. The show building seems to fit snugly (without being reworked, although it would, of course, have to be worked on)...and therefore can dub the name "possible."

No, Horizons isn't here physically. But, in order to examine the FUTURE of Disney's changes (i.e. attraction space here, and with JII w/Figment), we must examine the past in order to potentially voice our opinions to bring about progressful change.

As for my personal ideas of Mission: SPACE and Horizons, I believe, although Mission: SPACE is more popular, that Horizons was more beneficial. If Mission: SPACE gave more education about spaceflight - and the concepts of "Dreaming and Doing," it would fit in perfectly with the threads of EPCOT, as well as continuing the legacy of Horizons. Otherwise, Mission: SPACE is an intense ride, but then it's over. I don't feel the "substance."

Anyway, I hope Mission: SPACE will bring great amounts of attendance in order for Disney to raise money to make more "complete" changes.

SirNim

[thread drift]Grizz, where were you able to find an overhead aerial view of the M:S building? :lol: I haven't been able to find a view like that! (unless, of course, you are a skilled digital graphic painter) :lol:[/thread drift]

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom