Horizons - Living Seas Connection

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Original Poster
Okay, this may not make much sense, but when I was at the Living Seas NYE I saw this HUGE fish on the bottom chilling in the back of the tank. It was massive, even bigger than the biggest ray, shark, and turtle. My dad told me it was a "jew fish" (sorry if I'm spelling it wrong). I'd never heard of this kind of fish and was totally intrigued at how darned big it got!

Now, the connection...I swear this was going somewhere.

In Horizons, at the under water scenes, is that HUGE fish near the octopus on a rock a jew fish?? I've been wondering this for a while now. Thank you for any info in advance you may have. :D

SirNim

http://www2.sptimes.com/aquarium/FA.2.4.4.html

I see you have created an interesting connection for youself. First off, how's that picture? Is that the fish? I have no idea if any fish like this was feature prominently or subliminally anywhere in Horizons. Sorry.:( But I can offer you the fact sheet and picture at the above link!:D :)

:lol:

What an interesting connection...:animwink: ;)

:)

SirNim

Here's the pic...:)

Attachments

• jewfish.jpg
    jewfish.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 204

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Original Poster
I guess that is the fish in the Living Seas. It never got close to the front of the tank. Just hung out in the shadows of the back. It was HUGE though. That has to be it b/c that's what my dad said it was and my daddy is always right!

That pic on the other hand looks JUST like the Horizons fish. I can't believe you don't remember this. It just sat there right in front of you in the dark near the octopus opening and closing it's mouth.

Where is Grizz when you need him?? :p

Does anyone know the fish in Horizons I'm talking about??

Buford

I know the fish! It was either a really large bass or a jew fish!!

BTW - here's a Horizons and Living Seas Connection: the Living Seas and Horizons originally were designed to be swapped - meaning LS would be next to WoM and Horizons/Space Pavilion back then would be where the LS is today. :)

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Original Poster
It's been so long since I've ridden Horizons, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy! I think it is the same fish, but I will wait for the affirmitive from Grizz and your dad. Thanks OLS2!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom