Horizons for sale.....$350,000

Geordi

:veryconfu

The whole power car of Monorail Red, or just the cab? Cuz if it was just the cab... What's the rest of the car doing now? They would have had to cut it off, rather violently I'm guessing.

But if it was the whole car, what would someone DO with that? You can't use it anywhere else, unless you build yourself a beamway. Thats big bucks, 10mil / mile according to one of the drivers.

--Jim

Originally posted by Geordi
:veryconfu

The whole power car of Monorail Red, or just the cab? Cuz if it was just the cab... What's the rest of the car doing now? They would have had to cut it off, rather violently I'm guessing.

But if it was the whole car, what would someone DO with that? You can't use it anywhere else, unless you build yourself a beamway. Thats big bucks, 10mil / mile according to one of the drivers.

--Jim

It was the whole first section. Originally it was only the cab that was being sold but they gave him a "bonus":lol: and threw in the rest of that car. As far as the rest of the monorail and the monorail silver, well, Fanatasy Boi... HELP!!!!!! LOLOLOL :lol:

lentesta

Premium Member
Not for nothing, but the blueprints for Horizons are for sale on eBay. The audio for Horizons is available all over the Web, too.

Ride system.....blueprints......audio.......I think we're a concrete mixer away from something big here.

stingrock23

All this talk has me thinking. What if disney fans purchased the ride system, blueprints, sounds, and completely rebuilt horizons somewhere. I knowit's a reach, but wouldn't it be fun?

Having a horizons car would be great. I'd plop it in an entertainment room or something. That would be nice.

CoraJack

Account Suspended
Hey I'd chip in as a "Horizons rebuilder"! That would be too cool. We could all own a little part of the "company?" and share the profits. Would there be profits? Where could we rebuild it? And the cost----well we'd have to have a LOT of Disney fanatics chipping in!!!!

stingrock23

I'm sure there are enough horizons fans to go around to creat such a thing. we could write a letter to bill gates to help us fund it.

leebier

Certainly stranger things have happened... for example, check out this site:

http://buytheexpos.poptopix.com/

A couple of college kids set up this site just to see if there was interest in regular people chipping in and buying the Montreal Expos. Though they didn't get the few hundred million it would have costed, they did get over 3 mil in pledges...

Pie in the sky, but, oh well, I like pie :p

Leebier

JonnyK

why dont disney just buy it and get rid of the wonders of life the bodywars thing.. i dont like those attraction but.. think about it..

they should purchase it and build a new one there and put the old sets back in or build a new one.

I wish they had a project idea.

lamarvenoy

if somebody does get the money to buy horizons , count me in for a car or two! i bought a table last week from the paper that came from the contemporary. its great, the best $50 i ever spent!

BalooChicago

If the cars are $350,000, how much do you think the track could be to recreate? (Assuming it would have to be recreated, if it were for sale wouldn't it go with the cars?)

jmarc63

Originally posted by wdwfreak
why dont disney just buy it and get rid of the wonders of life the bodywars thing.. i dont like those attraction but.. think about it..

they should purchase it and build a new one there and put the old sets back in or build a new one.

I wish they had a project idea.

Disney isn't interested in keeping the horizions cars, that is why there are up for auction by this company. If they were, the cars would be sitting in a warehouse somewhere.

Bairstow

I wonder why Disney didn't try to sell these kinds of things off on property? If they simply announced that they were for sale and perhaps had a sign out listing available surplus attraction hardware at the Disneyana store at the Village, they could probably liquidate anything with some connection to the parks, and you can bet they'd get more money that way than from a bulk purchase by a separate contractor.

You know, you guys are right. A Horizons ride vehicle would make a GREAT couch.

jmarc63

From things that I have been told, Disney doesn't do sales/auctions on a comercial scale on WDW property. If you ever noticed that all of the surplus warehouses for WDW are in orland But not On WDW Property, The closrest thing to it would be the Disneyana Convention But thoes conventions dont have access to the Horizions cars a considerably higher class of collectable, simular to the Monorail red purchase

Hey wait a minute

Hey there are a bunch of people on this forum.

If 175 of those people were willing to pay 2000 for a horizons cart hey, thats cheaper than my sofa)

we have the $350,000 needed for the ride!

2000x175 is $350000!
Each one of us would get a cart, and one lucky person the control panel.

Lets do it, Im in. :hammer:

DanielJ

On i different note i think disney may still have some of the ride props from horizons cus i came across this picture from themeparks.com and i sware the spaceship on the right with the blue seat was used in the desert area of horizons, this ship is now located on the backlot tour at the new disney studios paris park anyway see for yourself and tell me what ya think guys/girls?

http://www.themeparks.com/wdsparis/wds28.htm

can anyone else find ride props such as this that are used somewhere else?

Daniel :p

Rider

WOW!!!

That is 100% from Horizons. Both the Yellow and Orange ones.

The yellow is a submarine and the Orange is that desert/farm flyer.

Wow... at WDS? I wonder what movie they claim they are from?

RobFL

Account Suspended
Originally posted by Horizons1
Well its nice to see that some things weren't thrown in the garbage after all.I just hope that those don't rust.

Remeber the condition of the helicopter from Ellen's Energy Adventure on our very own backlot tour. Paris also has pretty terrible air pollution, no?

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom