Horizons Demolition

bamboo7

Original Poster
Does anyone have any Pictures/Info/Stories about the demolishion of the Horizons pavillion?

i'd be very interested in seeing any pictures, or hearing of any other information anyone might have about it.

thanks

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
There are/were a TON on this site...go backwards through the mission space stuff....I think....

last i looked the pics were gone or awol....steve, help !

jmarc63

Hers a construction Photo I found

Attachments

• hsteelframe.jpg
    hsteelframe.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 358

jmarc63

Originally posted by bamboo7
Does anyone have any Pictures/Info/Stories about the demolishion of the Horizons pavillion?

i'd be very interested in seeing any pictures, or hearing of any other information anyone might have about it.

thanks

They were there a few month ago now there missing .

Steve......................... What happened to the Pic

jmarc63

jmarc, i like your avatar

Thank you. I thought it was approprate for this site since were talking about Walt Disney World here.

It was part of the original WDW logo used when they opened , There were Gold Pins That the original WDW ambassadors and tour guides wore and was on all WDW parafanelia, although there was a squared off letter "D" and the Mickey ears were in the center.

Still hoping to find the orginal Logo somewhere

bamboo7

Original Poster
Originally posted by jmarc63

Thank you. I thought it was approprate for this site since were talking about Walt Disney World here.

It was part of the original WDW logo used when they opened , There were Gold Pins That the original WDW ambassadors and tour guides wore and was on all WDW parafanelia, although there was a squared off letter "D" and the Mickey ears were in the center.

yea, i have that logo on some old park maps that i have.

jmarc63

Thanks bamboo7. If anyone was curious about me I was 8 when WDW opened and feel like I was there for the beginning of the resort

Dizknee_Phreek

please disregard this message...i was trying to post a photo with it, but i don't know how to do it...so i was experimenting. obviously, it didn't work! :brick: i'll try it again.

jmarc63

yea, i have that logo on some old park maps that i have.

How old are the maps from what years and Parks.

unfortunatly my Mom tossed a lot of my stuff from the early years. Even had the original Coupons Books too. Naturally all the "D" and "E" tickets were used

bamboo7

Original Poster

How old are the maps from what years and Parks.

unfortunatly my Mom tossed a lot of my stuff from the early years. Even had the original Coupons Books too. Naturally all the "D" and "E" tickets were used

i'm not sure off hand of how old they are, off hand. i'll let you know when i dig them up.

jmarc63

i'm not sure off hand of how old they are, off hand. i'll let you know when i dig them up.

Thanks, I have some old stuff to share If I can find a scanner that will scan large blueprints I obtained of epcot form Kraft when I worked for them.

BTW kraft was interested in sponsor ship before they started building epcot, Cant remember if they sponsored the land or not.

You know Its funny... The reason I found this site was because I was looking for mission space info. The website I found was wdwmagic.com...but it wasnt this website. it was weird. What I found was just an old abandoned website that had a long timeline of the destruction of horizons and rumors of mission space replacing it. I guess this was wdwmagic and they moved it.. but I just went on a limb and searched for wdwmagic to see if it moved to a new place. And it had! I was so glad. I signed up immediately.

But anyways... Enough about me.. If you can find the old wdwmagic then you'll find many pics in the same format that they do it here.

WDWsmith2001

Hers a few I found on the web a while back, beware they are very sad. I have some others from the inside after the ride was shut down as well, all from the web.

Attachments

• horizons july 7 2000.jpg
    horizons july 7 2000.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 234

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom