Horizons coming back?

Epcot_Imagineer

Can someone let me know what I'm out of the loop on? I'm understanding that one of the "revealing sunday" posters is Brazil, but what is the second one? Poppins flat ride? SSE refurb? New Imagination? Am I thinking way too into this and it's just a poster for the beer garden?

DisneyFreak

Goofyernmost

Because they decided, much like JIYI, not to acknowledge that abomination and to promote the original amazing Communicore instead.
Well, to the non-obsessed, Communicore and Innoventions both were interesting walk throughs. Communicore had the emphasis on the technology of things that were new or just being introduced to the public with a lot of it still years away from becoming standard life for the public. Innoventions was more like a commercial display with the emphasis on an individual companies particular products. Sort of like going to a business convention and seeing a huge number of vendors displaying their wares. Innoventions was never really pushed as anything else. So it never really had the emotional impact of the original. More of a space filler then anything else. Communicore, on the other hand, had a heart beat the lined up quite well with the basic theme of Future World. At least that is how I felt about both. It even took me more then one trip before I was able to see the real strength of Communicore.

That said, however, Innoventions was actually more directly connected to Walt's vision of EPCOT than anything else in the park. The idea of EPCOT was strongly based on companies displaying their new technologies, at their expense, in a real living environment. In other words, material things donated to promote/showcase a particular company/product. Without that commitment from companies, it would have failed before it began. As we can see now, that companies do that investment until it no longer shows a return. The idea of constantly upgrading a entire city, when thought about, is a pretty expensive display especially if the only people that saw it were those that actually lived in the environment. I wouldn't have wanted to have photographic verification in my personal living space.

RobbinsDad

Got to be Poppins and Brazil, but I still wonder if they are scrambling to minimize the short-term PR damage that may come from announcing a Brazil pavilion at this moment.

Heppenheimer

They wisely chose to put Mr. Broccoli front and center on the Kitchen Kabaret poster.

Nice to see SMART-1 on the Communicore Poster. My 7 year-old self was convinced he had mind-reading abilities.

AdventureHasAName

As what-I-consider-to-be an EPCOT Center purist ... I love the World Showcase country posters ... and hate the Future World pavilion posters. They should have incorporated (prominently) the logos and color schemes of the pavilions.

starri42

As what-I-consider-to-be an EPCOT Center purist ... I love the World Showcase country posters ... and hate the Future World pavilion posters. They should have incorporated (prominently) the logos and color schemes of the pavilions.
The colors I can agree with, but I think making it about the logos doesn't really gel with the art style.

Phil12

EPCOT lost some magic when they shut down Horizons... It was and always will be one of my faves.
Yes but they gained a centrifuge! This all goes part and parcel with Walt's vision for the future. One day when WDW gets its approval to operate a nuclear reactor, they will already have their centrifuge in place to enrich nuclear fuel for fissile isotopes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom