Hoop Dee Doo?

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
The cast was 100% called back, and auditions were held to fill some of the roles. The opening was delayed for reasons that had nothing to do with the actors (more on the restaurant side).

HDD servers were the MOST tenured on property. I guarantee you they all got redeployed to other restaurants and they can't just yank them all back to HDD and leave other places short servers

Robbiem

I wonder what plots around property are earmarked for future hotels. I often wonder too about how long Caribbean Beach has left. I could see them continue to remove parts of that resort to replace with towers a la Riviera.
Does anyone know if the campground land suitable for construction? If so I suspect its days are numbered. I agree Carribean beach and the other sprawling resorts like the all stars are also probably going to go in the longer term. Disney hotels are going upwards so the future is probably more Vegas strip type themed resorts

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
HDD servers were the MOST tenured on property. I guarantee you they all got redeployed to other restaurants and they can't just yank them all back to HDD and leave other places short servers
A lot of them are currently working in World Showcase at restaurants that would normally be staffed by cultural representatives.

Jon81uk

Does anyone know if the campground land suitable for construction? If so I suspect its days are numbered. I agree Carribean beach and the other sprawling resorts like the all stars are also probably going to go in the longer term. Disney hotels are going upwards so the future is probably more Vegas strip type themed resorts

they started building on part of the campground where River Country used to be. The stables got moved but then construction on the resort stopped due to the pandemic.

Zummi Gummi

Any updates on this?
Was recently told this show cannot be staged with social distancing onstage (the way FOLK and BatB are), and that its return will occur when Disney no longer feels that’s necessary. The vaccine mandate for cast, including Equity, will certainly help facilitate its ultimate return. Was told again that there are 100% plans for it to return, unlike the Luau, which made far less money and seems to be on the chopping block in its current form.

castlecake2.0

Was recently told this show cannot be staged with social distancing onstage (the way FOLK and BatB are), and that its return will occur when Disney no longer feels that’s necessary. The vaccine mandate for cast, including Equity, will certainly help facilitate its ultimate return. Was told again that there are 100% plans for it to return, unlike the Luau, which made far less money and seems to be on the chopping block in its current form.
I sensed the luau wasn’t doing well when it became 50% off for cast at all showings, hope they can find an updated concept for there.

sullyinMT

Knowing management’s current thought process, it’ll come back as a Moana themed event.
Couldn't they at least do a Lilo & Stitch/Nani show? Does Moana have to be the default Polynesian representation just based on being the "late model" IP? Throw in some comedic elements from Lilo, if they're so bent on throwing up IP wherever they can? It's still very popular from a merchandise standpoint, is set in Hawai'i, and even has luau scenes. Shoot, have a Lilo character come out and invite kids to join a few dance steps, and watch parents light up as their littles get to be a temporary star of the show.

Even Mickey & friends have a few Hawaiian-themed shorts across generations. I love Moana, but they're really going to saturate her to the level of annoyance if they just lazily plop her wherever it's convenient.

Zummi Gummi

I should clarify that I have no idea if that’s actually the plan. It just seems very in line with their thinking at the moment. But, I have no inside knowledge about whether or not such a thing is coming.

sullyinMT

I should clarify that I have no idea if that’s actually the plan. It just seems very in line with their thinking at the moment. But, I have no inside knowledge about whether or not such a thing is coming.
And I should clarify I'm not attacking you as a source. I just fear what too much of a good thing (Moana, in this case) could do to the legacy of her IP. But, Lion King isn't exactly struggling for a parks &/or resort presence, from a show to themed rooms across two resorts, and still does just fine.

Thelazer

A Moana themed luau, actually could be pretty damn good in all honesty.
You can do the history of Polynesia AND entertain the kids in one shot...

That said, not holding my breath.

Touchdown

I don’t see how this wasnt converted to a Lilo and Stitch theme. There is literally a scene in the movie at one. Make Nani, Lilo and David face characters, Nani can be running the show, lilo can be part of the hula dancers and David the fire knife dancer. Stitch can cause hijinxs. That show would print money.

RememberWhen

I don’t see how this wasnt converted to a Lilo and Stitch theme. There is literally a scene in the movie at one. Make Nani, Lilo and David face characters, Nani can be running the show, lilo can be part of the hula dancers and David the fire knife dancer. Stitch can cause hijinxs. That show would print money.
That’s true. We didn’t go to the luau in recent years. I think we went once when I was a kid, so… 25-30 years ago? But I would totally go for a Nani/Lilo/Stitch show. My kid is obsessed with stitch. Hopefully we get Hoop Dee Doo back.

kpilcher

Also -- the animation team on Lilo 100% modeled Nani & David's work on Luau Cove. I believe they used some of the fire dancers for live-action reference for David's act.

twilight mitsuk

So backyard barbecue is not returning in the future either?

Zummi Gummi

So backyard barbecue is not returning in the future either?
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the Backyard Barbecue closed permanently and was dismantled long before covid.
334DD32C-C03C-4CCA-9A70-E7E691C2FAFD.jpeg
096C3D90-44F4-49FD-8241-28652413AA71.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom