Hoop Dee Doo?

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
With the death of noodles and all the other cuts let’s just pray Hoop does not loose it’s included adult beverage offerings!

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
So we're arguing about socioeconomics on one thread, race on this thread... any other threads I should avoid? Lol.

At any rate, all kidding aside, I was hoping there might have been an announcement. Would love to do this on our spring trip, but I've been afraid it might be permanently axed.

I know it's not really on topic, but am I correct in thinking Mickey's Backyard BBQ is permanently done?

They've flattened the facility it was held in so it would have to be relocated to another location.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
So we're arguing about socioeconomics on one thread, race on this thread... any other threads I should avoid? Lol.

At any rate, all kidding aside, I was hoping there might have been an announcement. Would love to do this on our spring trip, but I've been afraid it might be permanently axed.

I know it's not really on topic, but am I correct in thinking Mickey's Backyard BBQ is permanently done?

The pavilion is long gone, so I would assume the show is permanently gone.

As for the status of Hoop, I was told by someone who would know that the original plan was to have the show up and running by the 4th, but that timeline had to be pushed back and now the plan is for it to be open sometime in August.

Splashin' Ryan

I highly doubt the show will change. As popular as it may be, it is not as widely known in the social realm as splash mountain or even jungle cruise which present "challenges" in Disney's view. Further, the show is not directly linked to any problematic IP. If Disney doesn't change the show, no one will say a word and from a PR perspective, that's exactly what they need. In other words, they have bigger fish (or chicken ;) ) to fry.

doctornick

With a return date for BatB and other shows in the parks, could we seen an announcement for this show sometime soon? I've got to think that they would want to prioritize stuff like Hoop Dee Doo that directly generates revenue.

doctornick

So, this post is from way back in April. If they truly starting calling back the cast then, I'm pretty surprised they haven't gotten to the point to announce starting dates or sales. Does anyone know if this rumor was even true and that cast was recalled for Hoop?

nickys

Premium Member
So, this post is from way back in April. If they truly starting calling back the cast then, I'm pretty surprised they haven't gotten to the point to announce starting dates or sales. Does anyone know if this rumor was even true and that cast was recalled for Hoop?
Didn’t the news come from the cast members? It could be they were rehired but are working different roles just now, maybe in BatB for example.

I really do hope it does come back though, and it’d be nice if it was announced in time for the 50th or at least Christmas.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
The cast was 100% called back, and auditions were held to fill some of the roles. The opening was delayed for reasons that had nothing to do with the actors (more on the restaurant side).

nickys

Premium Member
The cast was 100% called back, and auditions were held to fill some of the roles. The opening was delayed for reasons that had nothing to do with the actors (more on the restaurant side).
Do you know if the cast were simply offered their jobs back or did they have to re-audition? I assume some decided not to come back.

ohioguy

I keep wondering when Disney will start chopping off parts of Fort Wilderness for other use. The campground is prime for development and DVC/hotel propertires would make far more profit than the campground ever would. I know the camping area is popular and as booked up as any other resort in peak season, but this is Disney we're talking about. Hopefully they would maintain the Hoop-Dee-Doo as is if this were to ever occur.

castlecake2.0

I keep wondering when Disney will start chopping off parts of Fort Wilderness for other use. The campground is prime for development and DVC/hotel propertires would make far more profit than the campground ever would. I know the camping area is popular and as booked up as any other resort in peak season, but this is Disney we're talking about. Hopefully they would maintain the Hoop-Dee-Doo as is if this were to ever occurs
I’m not too sure about that. The campground is pretty consistently booked and I’m thinking costs a lot less to operate than a traditional hotel. Even when they were going to build Reflections, the campground was going to remain. It does bring up a good question though. I wonder what plots around property are earmarked for future hotels. I often wonder too about how long Caribbean Beach has left. I could see them continue to remove parts of that resort to replace with towers a la Riviera. Back to hoop, I feel like it may have been a logistics thing, in regards to having enough restaurant staff and also enough bus/boat cast to provide transport to the show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom