Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
So white.
34332703-0937-46B1-80C4-F7C7D8C7A000.jpeg
8A7C4A1A-D329-46D6-B475-45CFAD805247.jpeg
993C7C02-7876-42FF-8E76-536A9835508B.jpeg

Zummi Gummi

Just because they have added POC to the cast does not mean the show doesn't need to be updated.

I don’t understand why you think it hasn’t been updated. About a decade ago, three numbers, including the opening, got a complete overhaul due to a rights issue with the writers of Hoop Dee Doo Polka, resulting in a completely new opening number.

The Davey Crockett pageant sequence has seen several alterations. The Indian scout was recently replaced by the “wilderness scout” and all references to Indians removed. After the Pulse shooting (so coming up on 5 years now), any references to guns were removed, including the rifle that Dolly carried when she played Annie Oakley. Instead of a gun she uses her fists during the “Davey it’s for you” bit with Six Bits.

After the alligator incident, the rhyme for Louisiana during the 50 states song was changed away from “there they sit gator bait.”

For a little while, Six Bits had a few Frozen references that he worked into a scene with Jim, but they’ve since reverted to another bit, which changes depending on who’s playing Six Bits that evening.

There are also cast members who play fast and loose with the script more than others, particularly one Six Bits, for whom the script is a mere suggestion.

To suggest that the show hasn’t been evolving over the years is silly.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I don’t understand why you think it hasn’t been updated. About a decade ago, three numbers, including the opening, got a complete overhaul due to a rights issue with the writers of Hoop Dee Doo Polka, resulting in a completely new opening number.

The Davey Crockett pageant sequence has seen several alterations. The Indian scout was recently replaced by the “wilderness scout” and all references to Indians removed. After the Pulse shooting (so coming up on 5 years now), any references to guns were removed, including the rifle that Dolly carried when she played Annie Oakley. Instead of a gun she uses her fists during the “Davey it’s for you” bit with Six Bits.

After the alligator incident, the rhyme for Louisiana during the 50 states song was changed away from “there they sit gator bait.”

For a little while, Six Bits had a few Frozen references that he worked into a scene with Jim, but they’ve since reverted to another bit, which changes depending on who’s playing Six Bits that evening.

There are also cast members who play fast and loose with the script more than others, particularly one Six Bits, for whom the script is a mere suggestion.

To suggest that the show hasn’t been evolving over the years is silly.

I'm not saying it hasn't evolved. I've been going to the show since 1983. I've never said the show hasn't changed. Don't put words in my mouth.

The entire Davey Crockett ending needs to be re-tweaked. It CAN be tweaked without completely changing the show. As you've stated above, they HAVE made changes over the years but there's room for more.

ABQ

So with that line of thought.. Splash doesn't need to be updated either? :rolleyes:
Not the same at all. Every attraction in the Magic Kingdom is al al inclusive experience, you can choose to ride them all if you want or none, but you have still paid for admission. You are going out of your way to attend Hoop Dee Doo. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Zummi Gummi

I'm not saying it hasn't evolved. I've been going to the show since 1983. I've never said the show hasn't changed. Don't put words in my mouth.

The entire Davey Crockett ending needs to be re-tweaked. It CAN be tweaked without completely changing the show. As you've stated above, they HAVE made changes over the years but there's room for more.
I’m curious what exactly you think needs to be “re-tweaked”?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Do they let you request just fried chicken breast for your bucket? I hate chicken with bones....

All the Chicken they serve has bones in it on the normal offering

1623287372422.png

If you identify yourself as having a gluten allergy, they'll offer you either baked or grilled chicken, but you can ask for chicken tenders.

disneyfreak0710

So we're arguing about socioeconomics on one thread, race on this thread... any other threads I should avoid? Lol.

At any rate, all kidding aside, I was hoping there might have been an announcement. Would love to do this on our spring trip, but I've been afraid it might be permanently axed.

I know it's not really on topic, but am I correct in thinking Mickey's Backyard BBQ is permanently done?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom