Hoop Dee Doo?

doctornick

We've sadly never seen Hoop Dee Doo (though I had it on my list of "we have to do next time" for the past few trips and just never got it scheduled). If it is back before our next trip, I will probably make it a point to go out of our way to schedule it - especially if the parks do not have nighttime entertainment running.

CatesMom

Carol's amazing in her improv. Bob is wonderful to see, too, in how he incorporates the guests into his shows.

I don't know if they do it at WDW, but at DL, the Dappers will sing you 'Happy Birthday' if they see you're wearing a birthday button. I felt like I didn't even have a birthday last year because I didn't get them or the Bootstrappers singing to me in the park. :( (Or the piano player at Coke Corner playing for me or Five & Dime acknowledging me or...)
The Dapper Dans singing Happy Birthday to my then 5-year-old (at WDW) was a highlight of that year's trip. Better yet, a PhotoPass photographer captured the whole thing on film.

CatesMom

The Dapper Dans singing Happy Birthday to my then 5-year-old (at WDW) was a highlight of that year's trip. Better yet, a PhotoPass photographer captured the whole thing on film.
45157800090.jpg

Found one of the pictures.

mm52200

Did they? I thought the numbers had already dropped when he took over and I gave him credit for keeping them around as long as he did.
And they continued to drop. It was under him that Hollywood Public Works closed. The number of full time contracts reduced in 2016. Then Modern Day Film crew closed. Then more full time contracts from 1940s cast reduced in Fall of 2018. January of 2019 it was reduced to three or maybe four Citizens a day, while the rest were sent to do Incredibles. October 2019, their “full cast” returned after Incredibles closed which had dwindled down to about 7 a day at the most at that point.
The pandemic seemed to simply speed up what had slowly been happening under his reign and likely to happen.

TrainsOfDisney

And they continued to drop. It was under him that Hollywood Public Works closed. The number of full time contracts reduced in 2016. Then Modern Day Film crew closed. Then more full time contracts from 1940s cast reduced in Fall of 2018. January of 2019 it was reduced to three or maybe four Citizens a day, while the rest were sent to do Incredibles. October 2019, their “full cast” returned after Incredibles closed which had dwindled down to about 7 a day at the most at that point.
The pandemic seemed to simply speed up what had slowly been happening under his reign and likely to happen.
Ahh i had the timing off. I thought public works was already gone.

Moving the Citizen actors to the infrediclss dance party was way better than cutting them. I was glad when they returned.

Chomama

I saw this confirmed elsewhere. It is very early stages. They have an agreement with union to call them back before hiring others so they are in that process. I think they have to do a short audition but that may be false. So no rehearsals or anything yet but a step!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom