Hoop dee doo to wilderness lodge

jcldtrek

I was goin to the 715 show in the beginning of june with my family. we're gonna go there from animal kingdom. after the show we need to get back to wilderness lodge. my mother has a power chair. whats the best way to get back.:sohappy:

MKCP 1985

There is a little boat that runs people across the lake to and from the Wilderness Lodge. I don't know if that will accomodate her or not, but if it will, that is the way to go.

Upvote 0

jcldtrek

Original Poster
yeah that was what i was wondering too. i know theres a path that goes from the lodge to fort wilderness, but i heard its not lighted. the only other option i guess would try to get a bus to one of the parks and transfer from there. thanks for the help :wave:

Upvote 0

tigsmom

I've seen wheelchairs on the boats, but not a powered one. There should be enough room at the front of the boat, but it depends on the water levels as to whether or not it can be put on.

The path is thru the woods and not some place to wander in the dark. Your best bet would be to double check with the resort when you arrive.

Upvote 0

1stStarIC2nite

Yeah, I'm sure you can just get a bus from right outside the theater (I know there's a bus that takes you through the resort to the main entrance/parking, but I'm not sure if the buses to the other resorts are there or at the actual theater....)

Upvote 0

rob45

There is a loading ramp on the boat dock. Take the boat, you will see Wilderness Lodge from the water. Very impressive. I hope you enjoy the Hoop-Dee-Doo show, it's a blast. :wave:

Upvote 0

tigsmom

rob45 said:
There is a loading ramp on the boat dock. Take the boat, you will see Wilderness Lodge from the water. Very impressive. I hope you enjoy the Hoop-Dee-Doo show, it's a blast. :wave:

If the water level is too low, then the edge of the boat will not line up with the ramp/dock and they will not load a w/c. I've been there when they were unable to do so. The gentleman picked up his child, and the brother picked up the chair and boarded that way. I don't think thats a possibility with a power chair or an adult.

Upvote 0

cnicholson726

busses

hi, there are no busses from resort to resort, your best bet is, if the MK is open late take a boat to the MK and catch the bus to AKL if not take a bus to downtown disney and get on the AKL bus. and you can get the chair on the boats and busses.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom