Hoop-Dee-Doo Question?

We are doing the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue for the first time this year. We usually try to do something new each trip for the kids and we've heard some good things about it.

My question is: What is the best (quickest) way to get there? We are staying at ASMovies and we will have our cars with us. We are going to the 5:00 show, and was trying to decide when to leave. I dont want to show up 2 hours before the show but I dont want to be late either.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!! :wave:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Drive to Ft Wilderness and park in the lot out front. You will then need to take a bus to Pioneer Hall in the back of Ft Wilderness. Any of the three bus routes will take you to Pioneer hall but orange will be the quickest but not by much. I would simply take the first bus that arrives (orange, yellow or purple) Your total travel time will be about 30-45 providing that you do not get lost along the way.

Upvote 0

JustPlainBill

When I went there last in 2007, we took a bus from the Yacht club to the Magic Kingdom, went down to the lagoon and took a launch to Fort Wilderness. It was a short walk from the pier to Pioneer Hall.
This worked out very well for us, we got there with time to spare and got out fairly quickly as well.

Upvote 0

corey154

We too took a bus from our resort to MK and then jumped on a boat to get to ft wilderness, but i think by having your car you can have the freedom to go to the boardwalk or down town disney to walk around after dinner without messing around with buses. So it's pretty much going to be what you feel like doing.

Upvote 0

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I would recommend taking your car as well. Every time we've gone to HDDR (staying on grounds or off) we've always driven to the front of the property and ridden the bus in. It just seems that the buses in and out of FW are fewer in number and it always feels like it takes a longer time getting in and out of there...

Upvote 0

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
We have always taken the bus to Magic Kingdom and taken the boat over to the camp grounds. When the Kids where young and boat ride was almost as fun as the show itself. Also I have to admitted that I did drink a few beers with dinner and then did not have to worry about being behind the wheel of a auto. I think that is one of the big advantages of stay on site.

I need to add that when I went there five years ago my family had my daughters baby shower at the Hoop Dee Doo. The cast brought out the cake I had order and made a big deal of the event. The family all presented gifts and we had a great time.

Upvote 0

pcarathers

My 15 y/o nephew and his best friend went & had more fun there than the adults did, and the adults LOVED IT! We were shocked that 2 teenage boys would have as much fun as they did....they especially liked it when they brought out the washboards for them to play......they talked about it all the way back to the resort! We were at the MK and rode the boat over. It was a very pleasant ride....even as there was a storm coming towards us, and LIGHTENING everywhere....we enjoyed it so much that we have already booked it again for May..taking another sister and her 3 kids 12 & under........can't wait!!!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Adventure

Yeah, it might depend on the weather. We have gone in September twice and taken the bus and boat. When I went last February we took the boat. The ride over was fine but after the show it was a really cold boat trip. Should have taken the car that night.

Upvote 0

bears163

not sure what to tell you about the best way to get there by car. we did it last year for the first time & got there about 20 minutes before they let people in & it was no problem. we are doing it again this year....you will have a great time

Upvote 0

spaceghost

When we went a couple years ago, we planned it on a day we were at MK and took the boat over. We were actually early and wandered around Fort Wilderness for a while. We then took the boat back over afterwards and spent the rest of the evening there. It was fun and laid back.

Upvote 0

Buzz Lightyear

Original Poster
not sure what to tell you about the best way to get there by car. we did it last year for the first time & got there about 20 minutes before they let people in & it was no problem. we are doing it again this year....you will have a great time

Hey bears, when are you going? I think our vacations are starting about the same time.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom