Hoop Dee do or Luau

Smitty

I have to disagree. I have done both and in my opinion the Hoop Dee Doo is much better. The food at both is basically average, but the Hoop Dee Doo is more fun. Kids love banging on the plates and going crazy at the end of the show. Both are good, but I say go for the Hoop Dee Doo.

Upvote 0

Maria

The Luau is boring! It has a lot of info on costumes that gets too long.... The food is not that nice either...
I haven´t been to the other one... :animwink:

Upvote 0

donaldfan

Hoop Dee Doo!!!!!!!!

IMO, The Hoop Dee Doo is much more enjoyable and fun. There is a reason that the Hoop Dee Doo is harder to get tickets to. Plus, I don't think children would find the luau's food to their liking (I didn't like it either) If you really want to do something at the Poly, I would recommend Ohana for dinner.

Upvote 0

danamarie27

hOOP-DEE-doo without a doubt. I know its a late show, but you can take a mid-afternoon rest. It was one of the highlights of my 8yr old's trip. Don't miss it. You won't be sorry.:animwink:

Upvote 0

jojoyner55

I have done the Luau twice - at my mother's insistence (on two trips she made with us). I was not impressed - certainly not by the food! Try Hoop-de-do

Upvote 0

tjcjr

You can get some great information and guest reviews at this site below.
Our last experience with the show was disappointing. Although the show itself was fun it was pricey and the quality of the food wasn't up to par We had some hassles with tickets, etc. Disney definitely used to do it better !!!
If you want a similar show for free where you can purchase light foods, try the DHR in Frontierland at MK.

http://www.wdwig.com/hddcom.htm

Upvote 0

WDWspider

If you've never been before, I think the Luau is great and children should enjoy the show. If they are picky eaters consider that as well, the Poly food is a different taste from typical American. I like the Luau, but I think it's a personal decision.

Upvote 0

christopher

I think that my avatar was taken at the Hoop dee doo, but it was so long ago that I really don't remember. I do remember the Luau though, the food was not that good. My girlfriend wants to go to the Luau during our stay this summer. Lets just say that I wont be too upset if she changes her mind.

Upvote 0

savannahsmiles

Original Poster
Well....it looks like HDD at 930p. From all the reviews it sounds like transportation out of there is a really pain in the blankity blank.

Any tips???:wave: :wave: :wave:

Upvote 0

disneyman15

I'm Surrounded by Idiots
When I was 6 years old I went to the latest Hoop Dee Doo show they had and I still enjoyed the show. If the 9 year old can stay up I am sure they will like it alot.

Upvote 0

disneydawn

IMHO HoopDeeDoo!!!

9pm isnt too late! :animwink:

Everyone's right though.....the food at both places is OK, but the HDD is the best entertainment!

Where are you staying at? We stayed at Wilderness Lodge & took the ferry to Pioneer Hall & got there in a few minutes....I didnt think transportation was THAT bad.....but let us know where you are staying.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom