Hoop Dee do or Luau

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by savannahsmiles
I will by staying at the All Star - about as far away as you can get. I am thinking I will have to take a bus to Downtown Disney, then to my resort.

AARRRGGGHHH!!! Yes, transportation will be a pain for you!!! I stayed at the all-star movies and I can assure you...you want to get in line for that bus WAY before you need to be there! We missed 2 dinner reservations because we waited 1 1/2 hours for the bus!!!

But, HOOP DEE DOO is WAY better than the Luau!

"They came all the way from Mass. and now they're sitting on their..." lol...

Long Live the Pioneer Hall Players!!!

(my favorite dinner show at WDW :) )

Upvote 0

MGMBoy

I've never done the Luau so keep that in mind but I think the Hoop-Dee-Doo is an absolute blast. I'm friends with Flora (one of them at least). The closer to the front on the floor that you can sit the more you'll enjoy everything. It seems that the performers are allowed to do more improv stuff now then they did before. Last time I went (1-2 years ago mind you) they almost had to stop the show they had EACH OTHER laughing too hard to keep composure. It was hilarious. I've got many a great memory from that show. :D

Upvote 0

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by walthimself05
Hoop Dee Doo is so much more exciting

hey member the kazoos?:sohappy:

and plus theres a talkin moose and stuff

I don't remember a talking moose :) (I think you're thinking of the CBJ :) )

But the kazoos were great fun...I don't think they do that anymore though :(

Upvote 0

tjcjr

The Talking Moose

The moose character appears daily with the Country Bears at Frontierland in the MK and I believe I have spent some time listening to one of his cousins at a Bugaboo Creek Steakhouse.:lol:

Upvote 0

savannahsmiles

Original Poster
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

The verdict is that after calling and calling, I got into the 5p HDD show!! I know it is early, but that 930p show night was pinned between days with plans for e-ride night and Fantasmic night.

Staying up late would be a problem for mom!

Upvote 0

walthimself05

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53

I don't remember a talking moose :) (I think you're thinking of the CBJ :) )

But the kazoos were great fun...I don't think they do that anymore though :(

yea they dont hav a moose now but i remember one from hoop Dee Doo i swear

who knows maybe im wrong

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Here is what I think...

If you eat at Ohana or Whispering Canyon Cafe, you can save a lot of money and your 9 year old will probably like it more.

Ohana is in the Polynesian, and even though it doesn't have the entertainment the Luau has the food is almost the same. There are games for the kids as well. And the price is 30 dollars cheaper per person. That's a savings of almost 100 bucks after tips and everything.

Whispering Canyon features the same type of food as the Hoop Dee Doo and is located in Wilderness Lodge. The entertainment is very good, and the servers are very funny. Again there are games for the kids.

The prices at either restaurant are 21.99 for adults and 9.99 for kids. Each restaurant is all you can eat.

Upvote 0

Maria

I´m glad you found a reservation for the 5pm show! Looks like you can catch Illuminations after that! ;)

Originally posted by DisneyInsider
If you eat at Ohana or Whispering Canyon Cafe, you can save a lot of money and your 9 year old will probably like it more.

Ohana is in the Polynesian, and even though it doesn't have the entertainment the Luau has the food is almost the same. There are games for the kids as well. And the price is 30 dollars cheaper per person. That's a savings of almost 100 bucks after tips and everything.

Whispering Canyon features the same type of food as the Hoop Dee Doo and is located in Wilderness Lodge. The entertainment is very good, and the servers are very funny. Again there are games for the kids.

I agree with you DisneyInsider... but I have to say that the food in Ohana´s is waaaay better and more abundant than in the Luau! That´s for sure! Even the dessert at the Luau was such a dry pinneaple bread, disgusting! Bravo for Ohana´s!!

I think I ate at Whispering Canyon once, but I don´t really remember having much interaction with the waiters. I remember that one, as a romantic (quiet) dinner with my bf! I remember we were seated by the fireplace and ate turkey legs, corn in a cob, and those sweet beans, but honestly, maybe it was because it was late, but I don´t remember people yelling at each other for ketchup or anything! Maybe there were bored or tired? :animwink: Good for us though! :animwink:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom