Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Cast arrives for training

disneydata

Original Poster
On Jan. 12, Walt Disney World Ambassador Christopher White and Disney characters welcomed a group of Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Opening Team Cast Members during a special ceremony at China at Epcot.

These Cast Members are part of a group of more than 500 Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Cast Members who will be arriving throughout the month. They'll be training at the Walt Disney World Resort through June and will use their time in Florida to learn about Disney culture, heritage and traditions. Identified as Hong Kong Cultural Representatives, these Cast Members will live in the College and International Program housing complexes and take part in a variety of training and development classes.

Attachments

• HKMickeyPluto0126.jpg
    HKMickeyPluto0126.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 340
  • HKreps0126.jpg
    HKreps0126.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 344
  • HKwalking0126.jpg
    HKwalking0126.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 332

FigmentJedi

Ahhh.... getting them all worked up for a job at a massive and fun place and then bring them back to a park that's a crummy facsimile of the Magic Kingdom. Those poor CM trainees...

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
somehow, I think they're more excited about life in a true capitalist nation :lol:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
General Grizz said:
Good luck to 'em. . .

Hope they take that Stitch with 'em. . .

:D
while looking at the pictures, i knew id see a funny comment from mkt but didnt think id see a shot (far and few between) about something from the grizz. both funny. thanks for the laughs at a boring day at work!

:wave:

edit: sorry, good luck to the cm's in training. i wounder who will be teaching the training on "traditions". i hope it isnt the new course: cut-backs 101

mkepcotmgmak

jmaxwell007 said:
while looking at the pictures, i knew id see a funny comment from mkt but didnt think id see a shot (far and few between) about something from the grizz. both funny. thanks for the laughs at a boring day at work!

:wave:

edit: sorry, good luck to the cm's in training. i wounder who will be teaching the training on "traditions". i hope it isnt the new course: cut-backs 101

Stitch is now the facilitator for all Traditions classes.
Ohana means: GET OUT OF MY WAY SO I CAN TAKE OVER YOU BIG EARED MOUSE.

Not For Sale

What's with the whole "Hey, a camera! Let's do a peace sign!" thing that some tourists from a certain part of the world seem to be obsessed over?

MonoRon

J9000 said:
true disney, there isnt one ride yet....

but there's a merch cart!

Common Norway is in the back round!

When I was a CP we had someone from CHina living with us, he was also training for Hong Kong Disneyland, they have been training people for a long time now.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
All that training they have to do to learn how to stock take....

Sorry. Couldn`t help it.

They have some nice trees at HKDL though :lol:

TTATraveler

General Grizz said:
If'n I see Stitch one more time, someone at Disney will need some STITCHES by the time I'm through with 'm.

. . . :D :p

(Kidding. . . of course. . . )

LOL:lol: Stitch is practically being shoved down our throats. It is amazing how much publicity the dude is getting, considering the attraction he is tied into is mediocre at best. I wonder if they will be growing Stitch shaped cucumbers in The Land instead of Mickey shaped ones in the future.

no2apprentice

Not For Sale said:
What's with the whole "Hey, a camera! Let's do a peace sign!" thing that some tourists from a certain part of the world seem to be obsessed over?
Other countries probably think the same thing about young people from the USA with their crazy "Hey, a camera! Let's do a "rock on" sign!" thing. :lol:

I would LOVE to be with one of those groups when they experience some of the rides for the first time, go to a character meal the first time, visit Pleasure Island for the first time, etc., etc.

Atta83

Not For Sale said:

O they always do that... :hammer:

GymLeaderPhil

I don't know what's more appropriate... the Hong Kong CM ceremony in China at World Showcase (their home land) OR the Hong Kong CM ceremony at World Showcase, a living example of a theme park without rides (their Disneyland). :lol:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Not For Sale said:
it is the international symbol of, "hey, look at me, im a tourist and a dork"

ok, partially kidding since our trainee isnt here to defend the peace sign. for all we know....... she could be looking at someone behind the camera saying.............. "yeh dude, you heard me right, i said 2 beer for me, thanks"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom