Honeypot: Complaints about the Skyliner/Gondola; also worries and insecurities

cosmicgirl

I'm doing an involuntary scientific experiment today.

I'm stuck inside a room wtih black curtains on the top floor of a poorly insulated building without A/C or (relative) wind coming in on the hottest day in more than 300 years (at least, as that's how far back the records go).

The sun has now hit the windows I'm facing, the temperature is at its maximum for the day, and all I've done is keep the curtains closed the whole day, even though they're black, and thus absorb the heat.

Guess what: I'm fine!

HiJe

I'm doing an involuntary scientific experiment today.

I'm stuck inside a room wtih black curtains on the top floor of a poorly insulated building without A/C or (relative) wind coming in on the hottest day in more than 300 years (at least, as that's how far back the records go).

The sun has now hit the windows I'm facing, the temperature is at its maximum for the day, and all I've done is keep the curtains closed the whole day, even though they're black, and thus absorb the heat.

Guess what: I'm fine!

You should make it more realistic to the Disney World experience and set a couple hundred bucks on fire. 🔥

Janir

This thread is too long to read. Did Disney consider that these things might get a little too hot in the Florida sun?
Yes they did. The secret plans are for the towers over the water is lower every so often to dunk the gondolas in the water to cool them off. They figure if they time it just right they can cool down each car before the gators can worm their way in.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Here's a new one I'm pretty sure hasn't been discussed...

Bedbugs. What if you get bedbugs from riding in the gondolas?

And with our luck, they'll be giant mutant FLORIDA bedbugs that snuck in from China or something...

Not sure bedbugs could survive the surface-of-the-sun temps inside the gondolas. 😉

Janir

Here's a new one I'm pretty sure hasn't been discussed...

Bedbugs. What if you get bedbugs from riding in the gondolas?

And with our luck, they'll be giant mutant FLORIDA bedbugs that snuck in from China or something...
I'm more worried about the Florida Suicide lizards that dash in front of you as you're walking on a sidewalk. Begin suicidal I expect them to be runing up into the Gondola's cable mechanisms and killing themselves off there. All it takes is . . . maybe 20 lizard, all Area51 rushing the to the same point to kill themselves and cause the line to snap.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I'm more worried about the Florida Suicide lizards that dash in front of you as you're walking on a sidewalk. Begin suicidal I expect them to be runing up into the Gondola's cable mechanisms and killing themselves off there. All it takes is . . . maybe 20 lizard, all Area51 rushing the to the same point to kill themselves and cause the line to snap.

Squirrels will beat them to it. They love sacrificing themselves...be grateful there are no transformers on the lines.

HiJe

Squirrels will beat them to it. They love sacrificing themselves...be grateful there are no transformers on the lines.

I'm not so worried about squirrels and lizards as the below possibility.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Let's see... has anyone mentioned fear of being electrocuted? ⚡

Check!

What about a snake hidden between/underneath seats? 🐍

Check!

Or given the recent violent incidents at Disney, that people you're sharing a gondola with, might get into a brawl?! 🤜💥🤛

Oh, the crazy possibilities are endless..! 😉

I am sure this one is in there somewhere. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom