Honeymooning!!!

Firewolfe51

Original Poster
Hellooooooo everyone! We will be honeymooning @ WDW on 12/9. Any ideas or tips for those of you that have experienced this special time with Disney? We are pro Disney goers, but this time will be "different"!!:sohappy:

crazygirley

:sohappy: CONGRATULATIONS:sohappy:​

Sadly, I can't say I have ever experienced this special time with Disney, but still wish you a ton of fun!!!​

Jheyman

Have Fun

My new wife and I just had our honeymoon (first part of it we also went on a cruise) down in WDW and had a great time! Only tip is make sure you leave yourselves sometime to chill out, we love disney too and went crazy by the end of the day we were so beat we would pass out and do it all agian the next day but we had the cruise to relax sooo.....just make sure you have fun and how cant you in WDW! Early congrats!

mbroschak

Honeymooning

We will be in WDW/Disney cruise in Jan 06 for our honeymoon too and we are also pro disney goers. We're going to try out the Segway tour at EPCOT as I've heard it's really fun. We're foodies so we love to explore different restaurants in the world showcase. I highly recommend the french restaurant in the France pavillion for something a little more romantic and the obviously cap off the night with illuminations.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
First a couple of references:
http://allearsnet.com/ae/issue238.htm

http://allearsnet.com/tp/holiday.htm

Also, be sure to tell them it's your honeymoon when checking in or making any dinner reservations. Dinner at the castle (while changing recently I think) would give a nice set of champagne flutes for honeymoon and anniversarys. Artist Point at WL has some nice extra touches if you tell them ahead.

Victoria and Albert's makes a very special evening.

You can also so sleigh rides from Wilderness Lodge
There is a special Yuletide Fantasy tour only offered this time of year.

If you want to schedule a special personal event, there are any number of options...especially if money is no object.

Oh, and Congratulations!

Teenchy

If you have time and can find it at a local book store or on Amazon (Its cheap on Amazon) I would order the book Disney for Couples by Rick & Gayle Perlmutter. Its a great book for those who love Disney without kids. I've used it as a source for all kinds of romantic things.

A couple of things I would suggest especially if you have done most of the regular Disney routine are.

1. Fancy dinner (several choices), V & A if you can spend the $$, or the California Grill then watch the fireworks. Or a walk on the beach at Poly and watch the fireworks.

2. Again big $$, but a private dinner/fireworks cruise on the Grand One Yacht is incredible.

3. Spa treatment/dual massage at Saratoga Springs (If your into pampering and don't mind the touchy feely things its great)

4.Someone else mentioned taking some down time and spending time by your resorts pool (Hope you are staying on-site!)

*Don't forget to mention to everyone its your Honeymoon and you may get some special perks*

Also if you want to really surprise your bride check out the site www.giftsofalifetime.com they can help you come up with something really special or just decorate your room after a special night out.

Early congrats. and have a wonderful time.

Valawen9

Firewolfe51 said:
Hellooooooo everyone! We will be honeymooning @ WDW on 12/9. Any ideas or tips for those of you that have experienced this special time with Disney? We are pro Disney goers, but this time will be "different"!!:sohappy:

I'm going on 12/9 too :D (Not on a honeymoon though hehe)

Congrats!!:sohappy:

ErickainPA

Well, since I married and also honeymooned in WDW I can tell you the one thing you definately need. Wedding Mouse Ears and Wedding Pins Word of caution with these ears and pins though, be ready to say thank you a lot (I think by the time our week was up, we had said thank you at least 500 times if not more). We wore the ears for the first 3 days of our trip as well as on the wedding day. Major perks at the parks. They let us into a ride as quickly as possible. If we were at the cut off point for the ride load being done, they would let us on so we didn't have to wait for the next ride. In lines people were letting us in front of them for pictures. We were able to get great photo opportunities (if a character was getting ready to leave, we would be able to get a pic before they left, was chased by Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum at MK after we had photos, they were trying to take me away from hubby, it was funny) and tons of comments about the ears how they are so cute and such. The remainder of our trip we wore the pins instead of the hats (hubby was getting an indentation on his forehead from the hat) We still got some get opportunities, but not as many as with the ears. For the grooms hat it's a top hat and the bride's it's white mouse ears hat with a veil (bring bobby pins to hold it on though, as there is nothing to make sure that it stays) I think they are close to $10 each, not totally sure since a friend of mine that was a CM got them for us and dropped them by the hotel for us.

When we checked in (day before the wedding) told the front desk CM that we were getting married there tomorrow and she upgraded us to conceirge level with a MK View (woods is what it's called I think, but you could see the castle through the trees and we were treated to fireworks on the private balcony on our wedding night, it was an awesome trip)

We had a great dinner at Artist Point and stayed at the WL (if staying elsewhere make sure to hit I believe it's the 4th floor toward the front of the building for a quite little nook to just sit in front of the fireplace together) at California Grill (sorry was a little overpriced for our liking and the food was ok) they gave us a glass of champagne when we were asked what brought us down to Disney this time of year (we got married the 14th of December)

Above all have a great time and congratulations. Any questions feel free to PM me. Our photos are in my signature.

Since1976

Buy the bride and groom mouse ears as soon as you get there!

You'll be surprised at the attention you get from Cast Members and other guests alike!

Cap your week off with dinner at the California Grill (at the top of the Contemporary Resort). It has the most beautiful view of the World -- and you get to see the Magic Kingdom fireworks to boot!

Bride and Groom Ears and Pins

Dinner at Victoria and Albert's

Be prepared to say thank you a lot...I mean a lot!

Give yourselves lots of time to just "soak it in."

Have fun

Johnny

MeTa

Have fun, I am going to DisneyLAND for 3 days befor hawaii on my honeymoon next year. I am a disneyWorld'er all the way but am curious to see disneyland once in my life

LoriMistress

I had the pleasure of going to my honeymoon two years ago. Here are some tips...

1. Wear your bride and groom shirts at the airports. Sometimes you can get bumped into first place, and you can get free booze (that's what happened to us.)

2. Wear your Bride and Groom Mouseears. We got a lot of special treatment.

3. Make sure you guys plan at least one day/evening to relax and go to at least one fancy restraunt.

4. Just have fun.

ECurto

Firewolfe51 said:

Congrats~ THe 10th is our one year anniversary from making it offical. And ofcourse you know where we honeymooned...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom