Honeymoon

gokings71

This is my first post on these boards but have been visiting the site for a long time. So I know I can get help here. My wife and I just got married joust over 2 weeks ago but our homeymoon will be this Sep/Oct in WDW. Is there any suggestions on what places offer any perks to a honeymooning couple. :)

nankeldisney821

I just went in October for my honeymoon too. I don't know about special perks but make sure you tell your resort that it is your honeymoon and they will give you pins that say "Just Married", make sure you where them. Everyone will congratulate you all day long, we also got free dessert at a few places. We got to go in the fast pass line on Peter Pan on our last night too and didn't even have passes!! I am sure all you need to do is check with your resort to see if they offer anything.

If you can, try and get ADR's at Le Cellier in Canada. It was romantic and excellent food also. Try the cheddar cheese soup...it was great! They also brought us some champagne and did a toast to us and then we got free dessert. :slurp:

Definitely eat dinner at Kona Cafe at the Polynesian! It was the best meal I have had in Disney. They too brought out a special dessert for us. They wrote Congratulations in chocolate on the plate too. It was really nice.

Enjoy your honeymoon!!! :wave: Also...Congratulations!!

Upvote 0

MnWildFan06

We honeymooned in March,the buttons are nice,some resturants will give you free stuff,we also got a balloon and picture card from cinderella and prince charming Congratulating us on our marriage and to have a magical honeymoon and they signed the photo of them that was really cool.I also recommend taking the keys to the kingdom tour while on your honeymoon.

Upvote 0

Mickey&Minnie

We celebrated our honeymoon with disney 3 yrs. ago and it was very memorable. We got a couple of free deserts. Just make sure to let every one know that it is your honeymoon even when you make your reservations. The pins will help.

Congratulations and have a great honeyoon!!!

Upvote 0

Jessie&Buzz

I second Le Cellier! We went on our honeymoon there almost 11 years ago. We didn't get anything free because we really didn't tell anyone we were on ours. We did get a congrats in our autograph book when we told Minnie! :lol:

Congrats to you and enjoy your honeymoon!

Upvote 0

snakeislandboy

My wife and I honeymooned in WDW two years ago, and it was amazing. I suggest a couple of places we went that turned out to be really magical surprises. Make reservations at Cinderella's Royal Table and the Brown Derby tell them it's your honeymoon. If i told you what happened, it wouldn't be a surprise. My wife and I were also given the wedding ears, and when we wore them, the cast members went out of their way to make sure we had the best honeymoon ever. Out of the whole time we were there the free things and surprises were cool, but the way the cast members make you feel special the whole time, is the most priceless part about it. You are going to love it, I wish I could go back and do it all over again.

Upvote 0

silverboyd

the 2nd part of our honeymoon will be spent at WDW. We're staying @ Coronado Springs. It's such a nice resort. We told them when we booked the trip that it was part of our honeymoon. Hope we get some cool stuff.
:wave:

Upvote 0

Heatherbell

We honeymooned there as well. When we arrived at our room at AS Sports (I know, not a big spender on our honeymoon but we did one week on a 7 day cruise and one week in Disney so we had to cut corners somewhere...lol) Our room had several balloons and a congratulations card from Minnie and Mickey, SO CUTE. We didn't get the button however I did get them the time we were there for my birthday, I got a ton of "Happy Birthdays" and some free desserts. It was cool.

Congrats!

Upvote 0

scpergj

We didn't honeymoon at WDW (actually, we went to Washington, DC), but we did go for our anniversary last year.

Find a nice place to watch Illuminations or Wishes, or both on different nights.

Take a walk on the Boardwalk. Maybe stop in at Jellyrolls.

Spend time checking out your resort...it's usually nice and relaxing during the day.

Take a stroll around the Grand Floridian, and listen to the live music (not sure when they have it, but I know they do...I've heard it!) in the main lobby.

Most importantly, have fun!

Kevin

Upvote 0

LpMcQuack

Definitely get the bride & groom ears, it'll get you sooo much attention & excellent service. The CMs go out of their way to make it really special. My wife and I had an amazing dinner at the Yachtman's Steakhouse, we also had congratulation balloon tied to our door at the Polynesian resort. Make sure you stress that you are on your honeymoon, my wife & I had a direct view of the castle from our room. The best part about the bride & groom ears was running into our couples wearing them on their honeymoon. It was being part of an exclusive club, the CMs made every minute feel magical. When we visit every year for our anniversary, we bring our ears with us. We loved the attention!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom