HoneyMoon vacation regestry

NeedABreak

Me and my GF of 3 years just got engaged and are planing to go back to WDW for our honeymoon.

We really wanna do one of the big 8 day packages (parkhopper plus, dineing package, the whole 9) but I don't know if we can afford it. I have seen websites where you can register for your honeymoon (so people can donate towards your honeymoon as a wedding present) but nothing on a Disney vacation.

Anybody know about a site or service like that?

captcanada

NeedABreak said:
Me and my GF of 3 years just got engaged and are planing to go back to WDW for our honeymoon.

We really wanna do one of the big 8 day packages (parkhopper plus, dineing package, the whole 9) but I don't know if we can afford it. I have seen websites where you can register for your honeymoon (so people can donate towards your honeymoon as a wedding present) but nothing on a Disney vacation.

Anybody know about a site or service like that?

I've not heard of such a thing...but wow...would that be an awesome idea!!
Seriously awesome!

(If anyone has a website like the one mentioned....take note!!! )

Again...brilliant idea. Maybe try suggesting it to a site?
(And keep us posted, of course ;) )

Upvote 0

NeedABreak

Original Poster
My future wife said thehoneymoon.com did't offer disney trips. Hmmmm. Oh well thanks for the help.

I'll be getting married and then heading to WDW! This is gonna be great.

Upvote 0

SpenceMan01

I could totally program one of these in PHP/MySQL to use for my honeymoon. Just set up a shopping cart with PayPal (accepts Visa, MC, e-checks, etc.) and we'd be good to go.

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

Time to get some wedding etiquette books, everyone.

Asking for money as a gift is in extremely bad taste. It is considered crass and classless.

Bridal experts just barely tolerate the whole bridal registry process, which is also telling people what you want.

Gifts are given to the bride and groom to help set up housekeeping and to celebrate the occasion.

As a wedding guest, I am not responsible for your honeymoon.

If you can't afford it now, make it a saving priority for your first anniversary.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Ah YellowShoes, a voice of reasoning. I read this thread and thought "Wow, you've got to be kidding me" When I shop for a wedding gift I try to put a great deal of thought into it for the couple, simply forking out my hard earned dough to send someone else on a trip is in my opinion rude. Just because it has become an easy option doesn't make it a good option. Sort of like spending all you can on credit cards and getting into debt and then declaring bankruptcy so that the rest of us can foot the bill with higher interest rates and added fees.

Upvote 0

Teenchy

I also have never liked the idea of just giving cash. But I would actually feel better giving it directly towards a site that would help them pay for their honeymoon.

For example I have some friends that just got married recently that are in their late 30's. They both have owned their own homes for years and have all the normal wedding gifts that people usually ask for. I.E. the dishes, small appliances, etc.

I think an honeymoon registry for them would have been a great idea instead of the Soprano's cash in the envelope thing.

Upvote 0

SpongeScott

Yellow Shoes said:

Asking for money as a gift is in extremely bad taste. It is considered crass and classless.

Bridal experts just barely tolerate the whole bridal registry process, which is also telling people what you want.

Gifts are given to the bride and groom to help set up housekeeping and to celebrate the occasion.

If you can't afford it now, make it a saving priority for your first anniversary.
I think this is the first time in almost 4 years I've disagreed with you on something.:) I don't have a problem with bridal registries because they can be used to help set up what a couple needs and avoid duplication. Also makes gift returning easy because they would know where it came from.

As for the honeymoon registry, if I was looking to give cash, I wouldn't have a problem giving to something like that, but the honeymoon is the responsibility of the bride and groom. It is time to join the rest of the world and foot your own bill, though it's not unusual for some parents to foot the bill for a honeymoon gift.

I think we're living in changing times.

Upvote 0

AliciaLuvzDizne

basic rule of thumb when it comes to a wedding present

you "pay" for your meal

registries are great ways to make sure you give the couple something that is THEIR taste, not yours...and a fantastic way to avoid duplicates (as someone mentioned)

Upvote 0

AliciaLuvzDizne

TAC said:
True. Asking for money is definitely tacky.

What "bridal experts?" Do most brides hire a "consultant" nowadays? I guess they must have a lot of money, or mommy and daddy do.

If you ask most people, they will tell you that it's nice that there IS a bridal registry. It's easier for them to pick out a gift that way and there are rarely any duplicates. Yes, it is what the couple wants, not what people think the couple wants. If you want blue bathroom towels, because they would match the bathroom, why would you want someone to pick green ?
*high fives Tom for posting almost the exact same idea :D *

Upvote 0

wannab@dis

Yellow Shoes said:

Maybe you should look into some posting etiquette books... :lookaroun

Let's see... 6 toasters or some cash that I can spend on a honeymoon? Yep, I'd take the cash anyday and I was VERY thankful for the people that gave us cash as a wedding gift. Sure, the items from the registry were nice, but extra cash is always helpful. We even used some of the cash on our honeymoon. :eek:

:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Well, hopefully, if you are invited as a guest to the wedding you know a bit about the couple. I am not against registries for department stores, Target etc., as it gives you a good list of items needed for the couple with a variety of price ranges. However, I've seen a few registries lately and thought "who helped this couple? do they have any idea what a working household needs?" But saying "skip the gift and give us a trip" to me just sends the wrong message.

Upvote 0

wannab@dis

Dwarful said:
Well, hopefully, if you are invited as a guest to the wedding you know a bit about the couple. I am not against registries for department stores, Target etc., as it gives you a good list of items needed for the couple with a variety of price ranges. However, I've seen a few registries lately and thought "who helped this couple? do they have any idea what a working household needs?" But saying "skip the gift and give us a trip" to me just sends the wrong message.
Why? Maybe they already have most of the 'necessary household items' and would like to have a great honeymoon... you know, that once in a lifetime trip?

Upvote 0

AliciaLuvzDizne

and for some couples, a honeymoon is the only chance they'll have to go on vacation together.

who are *we* to say..."my 100(or so) bucks is only good for towels...not for part of your trip...sorry"

Upvote 0

wannab@dis

AliciaLuvzDizne said:
and for some couples, a honeymoon is the only chance they'll have to go on vacation together.

who are *we* to say..."my 100(or so) bucks is only good for towels...not for part of your trip...sorry"
:lol:

Yeah, 5 years into our marriage and we STILL have a large rubbermaid container of towels that are brand new.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom