Honeymoon Trip Soon - Ideas Needed

Dredd15

Hey everyone :)

We're just about 5 weeks away from our Disney World honeymoon in Sept. We'll be checking into the Polynesian on Sept 10th (Tues) and checking out Sept 16th (Mon) -- we're so excited!

Unfortunately, the MK closes early most nights. But on Saturday we get to see Spectromagic and Fire in the Sky! :)

We need more entertainment throughout the week though, for evenings. We're probably going to do La Nouba on Thursday, as I've only heard good things about the show.

What are some other night time activities that are both fun and romantic?

Thanks!

Jason.

The Mom

Premium Member
:zipit: If this wasn't a "family" forum.... ;)

Seriously, I've heard some of the clubs at PI are fun...I'll probably be able to go to one this weekend...yay! (first time without a little one in tow) There are some very nice restaurants that are more adult oriented (although I would opt for a later seating to avoid too many families) You should spend an evening at the Boardwalk...they have these great surreys for rent...just watch out for the hill by the dance hall...you can really pick up speed!

If this is your first visit to WDW, you'll be amazed at how tired you'll be at the end of the day! I would just spend some time in the pool (it will still be HOT, even at night) and relax after a long day in the parks.

Upvote 0

tiggerlover1971

hi I went to wdw on my honeymoon first of all congrats secondly My husband and I went to the hoop-dee-do revue that is on of the things we loved we didnt really like the laua my husband hates coconut but since the parks are closing early you could do a dinner show like that

Upvote 0

Sherm00

hey we leave tonight for our honeymoon, we got married last october but since my wife is a teacher we had to postpone the honeymoon. I hear jellyrolls duleing piano bar on the boardwalk is fun. you could actually take just a romantic stroll on the boardwalk at night, have a bottle of wine sent to your room. a romantic stroll on the beach. I have a few special things planned, I don't know if my wife reads the board so I am going to wait till I get back to tell ya. there are lots of things to do.

Upvote 0

robbyk

COngrats on the upcoming wedding!
My wife and i honeymooned in WDW in 1998. PI is an obvious choice. I highly recommend the Luau in the Polynesian Resort. Check out a concert at House of Blues. Remember there are also some night clubs over at Universal City Walk and at the Disney's Boardwalk. We never ran out of things to do at night. Enjoy your honeymoon and best of luck!

Upvote 0

pooh&eyore

I honeymooned there in 2000. Definetly do the Hoop Dee Doo and tell them you are Honeymooners (they will sit you up close and include you in the show). Also you may want to eat at the California Grill one night on top of the Contemporary Resort.
Pleasure Island is alot of fun too.

Upvote 0

kwt10

We honeymooned at WDW back in 1990 and we loved the Hoop De Doo. They did some special stuff for us (and the others who were on there honeymoons).

Upvote 0

TheTophDaddy

Different Opinions

Here's a few different opinions on things to do on your Honeymoon...

(I had mine in 1995 at the Wilderness Lodge.)

--Adventurer's Club at Pleasure Island... love it, love it, love it!

--Rent one of the larger speedboats at the Contemporary and go out on the Seven Seas Lagoon and the Lake for a couple hours.

--Dinner at Artist's Point (WL), Narcosees (GF), or the California Grille (Con)

--Late evening swims in the Polynesian Pools (these can be romantic even if there are kids around... just kiss a lot and the kids will avoid you)!

--A romantic walk along the Boardwalk at night... really a great place for ambiance and mood.

--Devote an evening to shopping and holding hands in the World Showcase at Epcot. The cuisines and objects to taste and peruse will help to take you away from where you are and transport you to each nation in turn.

--(This is just my opinion, so don't take offense.) Avoid the dinner shows entirely. I have been to both, am a huge fan of musicals and theatre, and was bored stiff at both the Luau and the Revue. Honestly, I consider these two shows the only missteps I have made in all my trips to Disney.

--Buy your spouse a special something from the World of Disney store (or one of the nicer boutiques Downtown), something you wouldn't normally buy, to have as a keepsake of the trip.

--Leave your late evenings and early mornings free. :animwink: :animwink: :animwink:

Have fun,

The Toph

Upvote 0

DisneyCP2000

Originally posted by The Mom
You should spend an evening at the Boardwalk...they have these great surreys for rent...just watch out for the hill by the dance hall...you can really pick up speed!

Sorry to say Mom, you can't drive that way anymore. It's no longer a easy coast down but a strenuous climb up. :lol:

Congratulations! Be sure to pick up a couple of wedding mouse ears, i'm pretty sure you be congratuatulated often. :D As for Jellyrolls, check it out! It's kinda like kareoke'ing, but 10X better. Be sure to check out the WestSide at Downtown disney too, there's plenty of things to see over there (House of Blues, Wolfgang Pucks Restaurant, Bongos, and others...). For quiet times just walk around any resort, there's so many hidden treasures :) . If you're into a personal cruise, rent a pontoon boat and go boating around the 7 seas lagoon. It's a different experience!

Have fun!

Upvote 0
1. You could do a fireworks cruise from Boardwalk or Wacht & Beach to watch Illuminations. If you can get The Breathless (and refurbished mini-Yacht) it's extra special, but for extra fun, wear something you don't mind getting wet in and they'll zip you all around the lakes afterward. It was one of the most fun, romantic things we've ever done at Disney!

2. Also romantic if you don't want to do the cruise, is to go to the fancier French restaurant (it's on the second floor of the pavilion but I can't remember the name) and get a window seat. A great place to watch the fireworks and hold hands, and the park is such a beautiful view at night from there.

3. Dinner at California Grill. Always a treat, especially at night when MK is all lit up.

4. Better yet, have a romantic dinner at Victoria and Albert's -- very fancy, very expensive. WORTH EVERY PENNY!

5. A couples massage at the Grand Floridian Spa -- you're both in the same room getting your massages together. Very relaxing and very special!

6. We really enjoyed the Hoop Dee Do on our honeymoon, however, we got married at Disney so we were with our family for the first three days of our honeymoon. They were with us at the Hoop Dee Do and the jokes the people made about honeymooning with your family, etc., were a RIOT! But I think it's a lot of fun for all honeymooners.

7. One of our traditions ever since our honeymoon is to play a round of mini-golf. A little competition is always fun! Afterward, the loser buys the winner a mug as "the trophy." Not a totally romantic thing to do, but a fun way to fill an evening.

We also love the Comedy Warehouse (improv comedy) and Adventurer's Club at PI and Dueling Pianos at Boardwalk. Beware if you let the people at Dueling Pianos know you are honeymooners!

Have a great time!

Upvote 0

mousecar

Our honeymoon was in 1997 at the Contemporary.
Be sure and tell EVERY restaurant that it's your honeymoon. We got special treatment at every one. We also got the photo package. For 1/2 day we had a photographer take our picture all over the Magic Kingdom. We felt like very special guests, we even went straight to ToonTown and got in the backdoor to get our picture with Mickey. The photos arrived in a leather photo album.

Congratulations and have fun!

Upvote 0

sigsegv

We honeymooned at WDW in '99. It was great fun and staying at the GF on the Grand Plan was just so wonderfully decadent. :goodnevil

A lot of people have made some very good suggestions, but one thing DW did for me was n't mentioned. (Get your mind out of the gutter ;) )

She arranged for one of the Pixies from Gifts of a Lifetime to sneak a crepe paper head of Mickey Mouse to her during Muppet Vision 4D. I never noticed this until we were on our way out when I saw her carrying this head under her arm.... Well, we spent the next 1/2 hour unrolling this thing as we found more and more little Disney trinkets buried in MM's head. We also got a nice "Ears" top hat and Mickey glove. It was really quite fun and unusual. Ths might not be for you, but they have lots of other things too. (Last time we went to WDW, she arranged a "follow the clues -- vows renewal" thing with them that was also quite a lot of fun.)

-sig

Upvote 0

mightyduck

One of the best times I had with my sweetie this past trip was to Typhoon Lagoon. We got there at opening and snorkled with the sharks for five or six trips across the pool because there was no line! Playing in the surf pool, racing each other down water slides and taking a romantic beach stroll were some of the unexpectedly romantic parts of our stay!

Those late-night swims at the resort pool were nice, too.... And as someone else said, keep smooching and the kids will move away! LOL!

Upvote 0

Sherm00

Just got back from our WDW honeymoon. it was great. I really reccomend the luau. we did it on our first night there. we had reservations for 7 or 7:30 I think. I got reservation eairly so we were right up front. during the show they had all the honey moon couples up to have a special dance, it was really cool. to food was fabulous, when you sat down they had already set up a plate with salad, coconut bread, and something else I forget. then they brought out the main course of luau chicken, steamed veggies, shrimp fried rice and BBQ spareribs. it was fablous. the show started while you were eating, then thay announced dessert. they brought out dessert on these valcano plates spewing chocolate:D :D . dessert was little caes chocolate and coconut, boy were they good. the show was really really good, me and my wife held hands. at the end of the show alot of people exited through the back of the luau cove. we and a few other exited the way we came in. now the route you through this secluted beach, not many people came this way so it was really nice. me and my wife took a walk on the beach. in the back groud was cinderellas castle, and all the resorts on the lake, ver romantic, then all of a sudden the castle started to twinkle and we watched the fireworks from the beach, very romantic. and quite unplanned. if I new the time we would get out I could have planned it and had a bottle of chanpaign sent up to the room. it would have really rounded off the perfect night. then one day we made reservations for cinderellas royal table in the castle. now I will tell you about our ordeal in another post, but make priority seating for somewhere between 8 and 8:30 and request a window seat. it may take you a little while to get in but it's well worth it. then have a liesurely meal and wait for the fire works. they dim the lights and you can see the fireworks from inside the castle, really romantic. we had the best seat in the house, center window, it was great. I also set up with gifts of a lifetime (I'll post their website in another post) a scavenger hunt for my wife through the magic kingdom. first she found the genies lamp by the wishing well with a note to go ride the pooh ride (and fast passes) and look for your first wish (of course it was more elaborate then that but you get the idea) in the pooh shop she got a wish of somethingsweet, a jar of pooh honey, pooh candies, and the location of the next wish. the next wish was at santas sleigh at the christmas shop. in it was a note that said I forgot to tell you not to open it i will catch it and put it in a locker on main street and it gave her the key to the locker, in the locker was wish 2 to bring disney into your home. it had 2 mickey wine glasses, a cd of the music played in the parks, mickey candles, and the 3rd wish is a romantic night back at our hotel. back at the hotel I had delivered a bottle of wine with candies and cookies. that was a night to remember. anyway I hope this gives you some ideas.

Upvote 0

DrMouse

I have to agree with Married@WDW there are some really great ideas in there but I wanted to expand on a couple. My wife and I honeymooned there ourselves and we bought all those book on romance at Disney and Disney without the kids etc. and they have some really great ideas in them. Check them out!
I love the idea of eating at the French restaurant in EPCOT. It is one of the only places that you can see the fireworks while you eat and from an elevated position. We asked for a window seat and got one without any trouble. It seems that we were some of the only ones that thought about the fireworks b/c when they started everyone was craning their neck and trying to see out the selected few windows and we had front row seats! The best part about getting one of the last seating at any of the restaurants at EPCOT is that after you are done the park is closed and you can walk around the lagoon and you have the park to yourself! We do it every time that we go! You can even get a to go cup for wine or beer and have one of the most romantic strolls and we have really drug our feet and no one has ever stopped us or said anything. You can get out the back way and stroll over to the boardwalk from there and what a wonderful evening.
My other thought was about dining at California Grill. You have to do it, you can not miss the view or the food! I suggest you go 30 min or so before the fireworks start at the MK. You have the best view from there and of course you can get a window seat there as well. Make sure that you tell the person setting up your reservations that you are on your honeymoon and the people seating you will get some sort of notification and you seem to get better tables that way, but you can always ask for them too. If you can not get to your table in time you can go out on the observation deck and watch them with a drink in hand. I suppose you are seeing a theme here with the fireworks---I love them. Even without the fireworks both of the suggestions would knock your socks off.
Don't forget Vicky and Al's there is not another dining experience like it anywhere. Be prepared to spend an evening there it is a 2-3 hour experience. At least the way we did it was. Most of all have fun and be a kid!

Upvote 0

Anne Stepien

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding! I agree with the many that have posted re: Hoop Dee Doo. There is only one seating a night now (7:30) so make your ressies ASAP. You should be able to take a carriage ride at Fort Wilderness before the show and catch the water pageant afterwards. If you have a few extra bucks, do a fireworks cruise and have food catered....you can do anything from appetizers to a complete meal from soup to nuts! If you need more info, contact me (astep17427@aol.com)!;)

Upvote 0

DisneyHoneymoon

I would agree to everyone's suggestions thus far, but would add "be a total kid!" On our honeymoon this past May, we purpously went on It's A Small World, Stood in Line to meet Pooh, etc. even though we have no kids. Our honeymoon was a blast, especially because we acted like toddlers :) Go on lots of kids attractions.

And, I am sure everyone on this board is tired of me mentioning Emeril's in Orlando City Walk but it was the most exquisite, romantic and delicious meal of our trip - and walking around the little lagoon thing there was very magical at night. Back at Disney, we also enjoyed our Victoria and Albert's Chef's Table experience - truly a romantic setting with the intimate tables for two and the harp player and the constant attention by the "maid and butler".

Breakfast at Cindarella's Castle was also very romantic - as we had the only table in the entire room that had no children in it - still, the characters were gracious and fun and I think were a little relieved to talk to adults for a change!

Have a wonderful time but remember it's addicting! We are going back for a completly unscheduled trip Christmas week because I've got the Disney World bug! :lol:

Upvote 0

Sherm00

Originally posted by DisneyHoneymoon
I would agree to everyone's suggestions thus far, but would add "be a total kid!" On our honeymoon this past May, we purpously went on It's A Small World, Stood in Line to meet Pooh, etc. even though we have no kids. Our honeymoon was a blast, especially because we acted like toddlers :) Go on lots of kids attractions.

And, I am sure everyone on this board is tired of me mentioning Emeril's in Orlando City Walk but it was the most exquisite, romantic and delicious meal of our trip - and walking around the little lagoon thing there was very magical at night. Back at Disney, we also enjoyed our Victoria and Albert's Chef's Table experience - truly a romantic setting with the intimate tables for two and the harp player and the constant attention by the "maid and butler".

Breakfast at Cindarella's Castle was also very romantic - as we had the only table in the entire room that had no children in it - still, the characters were gracious and fun and I think were a little relieved to talk to adults for a change!

Have a wonderful time but remember it's addicting! We are going back for a completly unscheduled trip Christmas week because I've got the Disney World bug! :lol:

I agree just let loose. we stood in line for our favorite charectors. my wife was so excited that she got her picture taken with eyore. we both got our picture taken with mickey and pluto. we were total kids, it was great.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom