Honeymoon resort- down to two choices(AKL or WL)???

redkenwolf

My fi's parents are offering to pay for our honeymoon as our wedding gift. We are leaving on January 6th 2003. We have narrowed it down to two resorts AKL or WL. What do you suggest. Also we are getting the Discovery Magic package which has choices. What do you suggest??? Any other romantic advice??? This is my third time to WDW and my Fi's first. I'm so bad at making decisions please help. :brick: :confused: Thanks.

Liver Lips

Hate to step out of bounds here but I would say the Polynessian is your best bet, especially for a Honeymoon. Nothing beets this resort (IMHO) as far as romance goes. Being right across from the Magic Kingdom and being able to watch the fireworks at night over Cinderella's Castle is amazing!! My wife and I Honeymooned there in 1998 and she still talks about sitting on the beach eating the Mickey Mouse shaped ice cream while watching the fireworks. The torch lit walkways in the evening, island environment, and extremely easy (MONORAIL!) transportation to both the MK and EPCOT make it hands down for me.

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Are the walkways still torch lite at the Poly? We were back down at WDW in October last year and stayed at AKL. But we decided to visit the Poly 'cos this is were we stayed on our Honeymoon 5 years ago.

Maybe they were having some kind of problem that night, but there were no fire torches burning, but there were electric lights that looked like torches. And the music wasn't playing outside either.

We really liked Poly, but my wife said after that night that it was kinda cheezy without the torchlights and the music. Killed the whole atmosphere of the place.

Was this just a bad day for the Poly, please tell me the fire torches are still working...

Upvote 0

Liver Lips

please, no!!!

Say it ain't so! I really hope you guys were there on an "off night". If they got rid of the torches and music it would ruin it for me too. The torch lighting ceremony every night was so cool! Someone who has stayed there recently please reply. I was there a year ago and the torches and music were still present.

Upvote 0

Invero

Originally posted by AkiraRaptor
Was this just a bad day for the Poly, please tell me the fire torches are still working...

Musta been something wrong... the torches and music worked last time I walked through the Poly. :)

Upvote 0

Rehabilitated

The fire torches were going last week - not sure if it was a gas issue or perhaps the ongoing drought they've been having - they still don't have all of their fountains on.

Upvote 0

Liver Lips

wl

I would go with the WL. I've never stayed there but have visited several times. It's really stunning. Would seem to be a great place for a honeymoon. I've never stayed or even been to the AL but would hate being that far from the Magic Kingdom. The park it is closest to (AK, duh) is by far my least favorite of the Big 4. I guess it depends how badly you want to see animals from your window. Other than that there is no appeal for me. Hope you have a great time no matter what you choose!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Originally posted by Fantasia Boi

Musta been something wrong... the torches and music worked last time I walked through the Poly. :)

Thanks Tyler. I was really hoping it was an off day. We were really disapointed when we walk through that day, but I'm glad to hear it was just an off day for the hotel.

I'll stop by next trip, hope they are up the day we visit the hotel.:D

Upvote 0

Debbie

If you can do it; how about splitting your stay up? That way you can experience both and do it before you have kids. Splitting up your week with young kids is not easy.

Upvote 0

tikiman

The torches are still going at the Polynesian. They had the system shut off for a while during some repairs. The music is still there also.

Steve

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Originally posted by tikiman
The torches are still going at the Polynesian. They had the system shut off for a while during some repairs. The music is still there also.

Glad to hear it was just bad timing on my part.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom