Honeymoon Question

u2bobbo21

Original Poster
Hi everyone! My fiancee and I are spending our honeymoon at Disney, and staying at the Beach Club Villas. I haven't been in about 7 years, and back then I just stayed at the all-star resorts, so this is my first time at a deluxe resort.

I know honeymoon "perks" aren't necessarily guaranteed, but is it possible to call and just ask for a room that's not necessarily a "parking lot view" room? I'm not expecting an upgrade (we're staying in a studio room), but I'd just like to know if there's a way I can request a specific location or anything. We'll be going in late September. Thanks!

(By the way, if anyone's stayed at the Beach Club before and has any kind of advice for a couple, that'd be great!)

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
As allways with Disney, there are no guarentees unless you pay for them. You may request a particular room view, but there is no guarentee that you will get it.

Enjoy your honeymoon. Its been 4.5 years since my beautiful wife and I honeymooned at the World.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
When making your reservation ( and all dinner reservations) do mention that it is your honeymoon. Wear your buttons proudly. But don't ask for perks. When you check in they will most likely acknowledge it. When they assign you a room ask on the map where it is....you can then "innocently" ask if there are rooms facing "that way" to whatever you might want, not mentioning that it may be an upgrade. A lot of CM's have gotten tired of people asking for upgrades and will turn them down as a matter of principle.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
CT is correct. When you check in I would mention that you haven't been in a while and that it's your honeymoon. Ask what type of view you are getting and innocently tell them that you just don't want a view of the parking lot.

Pam

Seemba

That sounds liek good advice. . . my fiancee and I are going to Disney for our honeymoon, and I'll make sure we have our buttons on.

Do the deluxe hotels offer anything surprising for Honeymooners? I have us booked at the Wilderness Lodge. I plan on calling a month or so beforehand to see what I can arrange, but I was just curious about what to expect. . .

k.hunter30

I'd say you might as well politely ask is there is anything the CM could do to accomodate your request. i'd say do it once over the phone when making the reservations and once when you check in. They're going to be two different people anyways - it wouldn't hurt. I find as long as you're very nice and excited about whatever celebration you have, CMs usually take joy in helping you out. So keep those smiles and sweet, newly-wed eyes!

Janer

Newleyweds Buttons

Hello Everyone,

We are honeymooning at WDW later this year and staying in the Animale Kingdom Lodge. I have read on this forum about buttons that you get saying that you are newly weds - can I ask her you get these buttons?

Many thanks,

Jane.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Hello Everyone,

We are honeymooning at WDW later this year and staying in the Animale Kingdom Lodge. I have read on this forum about buttons that you get saying that you are newly weds - can I ask her you get these buttons?

Many thanks,

Jane.

Guest services at any park.

Have a blast!!!!

MattyFresh

I had originally planned to propose to my girlfriend during our trip to Disney in October. Well she, in passing, said it would be to predictable :brick: and the look on my face must have given it away because she immediately started appologizing. But I was wondering if anyone had any tips to make a trip down very special. We will be down the first weekend of Oct and I would still like to have some sort of a surprise for her.

Teenchy

I had originally planned to propose to my girlfriend during our trip to Disney in October. Well she, in passing, said it would be to predictable :brick: and the look on my face must have given it away because she immediately started appologizing. But I was wondering if anyone had any tips to make a trip down very special. We will be down the first weekend of Oct and I would still like to have some sort of a surprise for her.

Well I cant tell you how much I have enjoyed working with www.giftsofalifetime.com . They can help you do something really special or even come up with a very unique way to still pop the question that your GF wouldnt expect.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom