Honeymoon packages

syoungkin

I've read in various guidebooks about Walt Disney's honeymoon packages and I was wondering if anyone has done this and what they thought about (the guidebooks are vague on details for the honeymoon and only describe the wedding packages).

Also, the various books mention perks that can result from the honeymooning couple telling various cast members that they are on their honeymoon (as well as wearing the Mickey & Minnie wedding hats around the parks). Once again, has anyone done this and what kind of perks did they get?

Thanks (obviously, I'm planning my honeymoon and just curious as to what to expect),
Steven

schachteles

Steven,

As for perks within the parks...there won't be too many...obviously if you get the honeymooning button and wear the cute ears people will make comments, but as for getting "perks" there really aren't any...outside of maybe getting fast passes.

GOOD LUCK and enjoy!

Kim

Upvote 0

Dagger

I also have researched a lot and other than maybe getting some towel animals in the form of lovebirds, a lot of attention from honeymoon buttons (or mickey and minnie wedding ears if you dare) and maybe some tiny free perks like fast passes, they are slacking in the Honeymoon department!

I'm surprised too but I guess they figure if you want it, you have to pay for it. :p

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
From my own experiance and talking to others...it depends upon alot of things.

We had our honeymoon 10 years ago. We got alot of perks. Mostly from our resort. A few things at the parks, but mostly free stuff at the resort (Poly) and free things to eat at different resturants. But we didn't wear the ears, so most didn't know unless the CM asked if we were celebrating anything.

I've talked to others that have worn the ears, and some say they got similar treatment (a free desert here and there) but it was the resort they were staying at that gave the most perks.

I guess you'll have to wait and see. Maybe a bit-o-magic will come your way.

Have fun!

Upvote 0

Pippa

We wore the wedding hats last November on our honeymoon and got lots of perks!!

2 glasses of champagne at the Brown Derby
Free desserts at Morocco & Canada
Front of the line on a few rides
Free voucher for an ice cream from a kind CM in Canada
2 wine glasses at Cinderellas Royal Table

and some other stuff that I can't recall at the moment!

Definately wear the hats!!!!!!

Upvote 0

tracyandalex

we were honeymooning in april and wore the buttons, here's our list of free things:

dessert at kona cafe
dance around the room with pluto at o'hana
dessert at jiko & a card
congratulations card from cinderella & prince charming
wine goblets from crt
the buttons (of course)

that's all i can remember for now

congrats!!!!!!!

tracy

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
For special events like birthdays and honeymoons, there is a lot of magic that can happen both big and small. Some things have been suggested already, and I really don't want to add to that. The problem with mentioning what happened with some people or a certain date is others expect it to happen the same way for them and are disappointed.

What I suggest is that when making your reservations for your room and for meals, be sure to mention that it is your honeymoon. Again when you check in if the hotel CM doesn't mention it, you should. At restaurants, particularly the top tier like Cinderella's Castle, California Grille, Artist Point, Yachtsmans and the like, be sure to mention the occasion both at reservation and with your server. With a little pixie dust, some nice memories should enhance your visit.

Upvote 0

schro513

Just don't go in thinking it will be a given that anything "special" will come your way. We did a Disney cruise and land package (staying at the WL's Honeymoon Suite) for our Honeymoon and made it known at check in as well as several other times on our trip that we had just gotten married and.....nothing. Not a big deal to us, but if you don't go in expecting much then you won't be disappointed either if you don't get any special perks.

Upvote 0

Aurora_25

Four years ago Disney did a Honeymoon package for your whole stay, but right after we had our honeymoon (4 years ago) they did away with it. I think because people were saying what they got in the package deal and others didn't get it and so Disney was getting alot of letters about it.
Now, if you wear the ears in the park, you will get some attention and people saying congrats, but don't always expect to get the "perks" that others talk about because ti all depends on the CMs at the time. As for the glasses at Cinderella's they do that for all honeymooners from what I was told. But you have to let them know you are celebrating in advance (like when you book the trip and everything) Make sure that all your reservations say you are on your honeymoon and you never know what might happen.

The guidebooks don't say much about honeymoons because of what I (and others) have said- you may or may not get the same treatment as other honeymooners so the writers of the guidebooks don't want to get alot of mail about someone not getting something that was written in the book.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
For another reference, check out the information on the official site. You may also want to call and talk to a live person about some of your options.

http://www.disneyweddings.go.com/site/hon/start/index.jsp

Best advice I have is to plan the trip for yourselves. Do what you think is special, be it romantic meals, spa treatments or riding Splash Mountain. For some people it may be a ride in Cinderella's coach, for others its fishing. You two are the ones that will make it special.

Upvote 0

LoriMistress

We couldn't afford the honeymoon package at WDW when we planned our honeymoon trip in November 2003, so we wore bride and groom shirts and the Mouse Bride/Groom hats. We only wore our shirts on our flight (which got us free booze), and when we wore our hats we got perks (free dessert, best seats for shows, characters spent more time with us, etc.) We didn't get in front of lines of rides, but we didn't have to make reservations to restraunts because of it.

Upvote 0

ErickainPA

We married at Disney almost 5 yrs ago. We had the wedding package and used it as our honeymoon package instead of getting that seperate.

As mentioned you may or may not get perks even though it's your honeymoon.

-We wore the ears and let me just say be ready to say thank you a lot.
-We got the front of lines many times
-got champagne at one of our dinners
-given a gold and silver cranes from Japan while eating dinner, they are for luck
-given an upgraded room at the WL since we mentioned we were getting married there the next day. We got conceirge level, nice perk that was
-wedding watches (limited edition for weddings only), wedding certificate with signatures of 2 characters, gift basket (all a part of our wedding package though)

mousekeeping took our hats on the last day (we stopped wearing them on day 3 since it was starting to dent hubby's forehead (hat is cut wide instead of longer like most hats) wore bride and groom pins after the hats.) and put them on our bed along with the stuffed bride and groom plush we bought and did turn down service along with mints on our pillow, it was a nice touch to our special stay.

I know the honeymoon package that Disney offered at the same time as we married gave you a nice assortment of extras, granted all at a fee though since you buy a package.

Best wishes

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Please also keep in mind that you can have things like the bride and groom hats delivered to your room and so on. I actually helped one couple that I booked for their honeymoon with getting little extra things like that set up.

If you let the hotel and the restaurants know that it's your honeymoon they do notate it.

Good Luck and congratulations on your upcoming marriage.

Pam

Hi Tracy and Alex!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom