Honeymoon cancelled because of Volcano! Wan to re-book but unsure when? - July?

WDW_Jon

We were supposed to be on honeymoon in WDW right now! But our trip has been cancelled because of the stupid volcano in Iceland closing UK airspace! :mad:

We are already thinking about re planning and we are limited to when we can travel this year. :confused:

July works for us but I'm not sure I will be able to handle the crowds & heat. :lookaroun

Is it a lot hotter that June? :shrug: (our last visit was in june) and is it a lot more crowded because heat and crowds don't do anything for me! :brick:

Any info / advice is welcome, thanks!

NewfieFan

Don't really have advice for you... just wanted to say I'm sorry your honeymoon got canceled! :(

How about the end of August? Is that a good time for you? It's still pretty hot but the crowds thin out a fair bit towards the end of the month.

I can handle the heat but I can't handle crowds and heat! I, myself enjoy Sept.... it's still pretty hot but the parks are pretty empty (relatively speaking)!

Upvote 0

harveyt0206

I am so sorry that you have to reschedule your honeymoon. Hopefully you will find the perfect time to make your rescheduled visit.

I don't know what your availability is, but I absolutely agree with Newfie's recommendation for September. Honestly, it's hot in Florida most of the time, so I would recommend choosing a time to go when the crowds are lower.

Best of luck in making your new plans and a big congrats on your marriage.

Upvote 0

Alexx

G'day mate! Fellow UK Disney fan here. My family and I have been in June for my birthday a couple of times and it's hot, but not unbearable hot. I'd recommend going in June.

But i'd mostly recommend going in October, it's just FANTASMIC(see what I did:lookaroun).

Upvote 0
Sorry to hear that :(

My suggestion, even though I'm sure you're anxious to honeymoon, would be wait til October. Milder weather and lighter crowds compared to July-August. That being said, if you can only go in July, you'll still have a great time. Just try to avoid the 1st week if you can, with the 4th of July crowds! :wave:

Upvote 0

Ghall

We have been both in June and July. There are more crowds in July and it is hot! But we love the heat, its the only time we see sun. The heat is not unbearable, you do climatize after a few days. Just drink lots of water, take a break at the hottest part of the day and return to your hotel for a swim. You can then return to the parks refreshed and when everyone else is leaving exhausted. As long as you are up early in the mornings and in the parks at opening time which is easy for the first fews days as you get into the US time zone and use the fastpasses. We were there for the 4th July last year and the fireworks in Epcot were really good and the crowds were not as bad as I thought they were going to be. If you can re-book for July, go for it! At least you will get to go on your honeymoon, it's not too far away and you will have a great time.

Upvote 0

WDW_Jon

Original Poster
Thanks guys, we did June 2008 and left just before 4th July, and it was going crazy then!

Would avoid that week if we chose to go in July, the getting up early and leaving early and then going back out works for us as that's what we did in June.

The only concern then is if we got as much rain as last time :shrug: wasn't a major problem as it came when we were relaxing / slleping :lookaroun in our room so didn't afect much.

We will have to wait and see...........

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom