Honeymoon August 6-12, Advise??

aarontgd

Original Poster
My fiancee and I will be on our honeymoon from August 6-12 at the AKL:D. Does anyone have any suggestions for attractions, entertainment, restaurants to hit? I have booked Cirque de Soleil. I am trying to find information on the carriage ride if anyone has that available.

I have not been to Disney World in 15 years and my fiancee LOVES disney, we are having a disney themed wedding. Any advise would be appreciated!!:wave:

Aaron T.

GenerationX

You can get information on the carriage rides here. As for my advice on what attractions to visit? Any and all of them. Buy The Unofficial Guide to WDW if you need objective opinions on the attractions. There are also a bunch of reviews here on WDWMagic.

Congratulations and have fun! :wave:

Do the Polynesian Luau...or whatever it is called now...they have decent food, a good show, and drinks...plus you can take a nice stroll on the beach afterwards, and perhaps catch the fireworks...the luau is fun, and the environment really can be quite romantic...

Also, a good place to go for dinner is Tony's (the restaurant from Lady and the Tramp) on Main Street in MK...if you let them know its your honeymoon, they can give you the table in the corner of their "porch" area (still inside with A/C), and you have a perfect view of Main Street in a private area of the restaurant...also "cozy" (well as much as it can be at Disney) and romantic.

I did both of these on my honeymoon at Disney...both were truly memorable.

bouncingkat

i just had my honeymoon there last month (even stayed at akl, too!)... congrats!

my favorite places to eat were the california grill at the top of the contemporary (and watching the fireworks from the roof) and jiko.

i also suggest eating at the rose and crown in epcot around fireworks time. it's the best view of illuminations and i thought it was pretty romantic.

just take your time and enjoy everything... and don't forget to tell EVERYONE it's your honeymoon!

Artist Point

We too enjoyed our honeymoon at Disney and just about every anniversary since then (2000). Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge is a nice place to eat. The food is good and the service is also very good. We didn't have a positive experience at the CA Grille but I can say that they view from there is outstanding. Maybe they were having an off day as far as service went. We also took the backstage magic tour which was very informative and interesting. It's a 7 hour tour that starts at Epcot.

You really can't go wrong at Disney....experience as much as you can while you're there.....Enjoy your honeymoon.

ErickainPA

We ate our wedding night dinner at Artist Pointe, excellent food.

Another romanctic place is Morocco at Restaurant Marrakesh

Hoop Dee Doo they make a little fuss over your if you are on your honeymoon, anniversary or b-day.

Didn't like California Grille at all. It was very noisy and even with window seats didn't see the fireworks that great, lights were dimmed a little but not too much.

O'hana's was good at Poly, we just ate there on our last trip. We were almost done with dinner and fireworks started, request a window seat if possible in the far corner of the restaurant. We had window seats but toward the opposite side of the fireworks, but still had a good view.

Wear the ears and be ready to say thank you a lot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom