Trip Report Honey, I Blew Up The Magic Band (Completed!!)

Hi Everyone!

Welcome to my September 2014 trip report. I know I’m starting it a little late – but life has been so crazy and hectic since we have returned, there doesn’t seem like any time to just sit and write.

You can check out my pre-trip report here:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/our-almost-totally-free-trip-to-dsney.888659/

I didn’t finish it – so it ends rather abruptly.

You can also read last year’s trip report here:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/completed-this-is-autism-when-you-add-a-little-pixie-dust.873100/

Just to remind you who we are:

AK_TREEBACK_7077937979.jpeg

Me – Mary, aka “mom”. I am a teacher turned homeschool mom, advocate and blogger.

Ross, the daddy, aka “Grumpy”. He is the character who works non-stop all year to make this trip possible for us.

Julia, aka “sissy”, our oldest daughter who is 12. This will be her last trip with us before she turns into a… I hate the word… teenager! She LOVES Disney as much as I do and I pray that she always does.

Hope, aka “the Hopester”, (a nickname she somehow adopted when riding Spaceship Earth last year). She is my youngest daughter, 5 ½, diagnosed with severe Autism and Sensory Integration Disorder

Many people look at me like I’m crazy when I tell them we are taking Hope to WDW. But it’s like 10 days of intense therapy for her. It challenges her so much while presenting her with the greatest incentive and rewards. We sacrifice the whole year to make this trip possible and it is so worth it.

Hope’s WDW goals for this trip:

Ride Splash Mountain and like it.
Ride 7 Dwarfs Mine Train.
Ride the Monorail without a meltdown.
Sit in booster seats rather than a highchair.
Tell me what she wants to eat rather than me just deciding for her.
Sit in a theater seat rather than her stroller during a show.

Julia's goal: Skate at Hollywood Studios

My goal: Eat at Columbla Harbour House!

Ross' goal: Eat at the Food & Wine Festival

Will we all meet our goals? You'll have to read to find out!

Everybody ready?

Off we go…

Last edited:

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Day 11 Thursday, September 25th Magic Kingdom

Alas, here we are… our last day. It’s so crazy how fast the time goes. After all the planning and getting ready, our actually trip goes by in the blink of an eye!

We all woke up a little somber…

Disney 2014 Day 11 002.JPG

We managed to move quickly and got our luggage and carry-on taken care of. By 8:30, we were on a bus to Magic Kingdom.

Disney 2014 Day 11 007.JPG

It was an overcast and cloudy day.

Disney 2014 Day 11 013.JPG

Disney 2014 Day 11 014.JPG

Disney 2014 Day 11 015.JPG

We held our breath as we scanned our Magic Bands to walk in – a beautiful shade of welcoming green swirled around. Off we went to live in fantasy for a few more hours.

Disney 2014 Day 11 019.JPG

Disney 2014 Day 11 020.JPG

Disney 2014 Day 11 027.JPG

Ross and I had this great idea to wait and eat in the park rather than waste time at the hotel. Big mistake – Everything opened up at 11:00AM. We ended up eating at Pinocchio’s when they opened for lunch.

Last edited:

Figment Forever

Original Poster
We all pushed our sadness aside and took in all of our favorites.

We split up for a while. Ross and Julia went off to ride the mountains while Hope and I took to the sky with Dumbo. She really liked Dumbo this year. I thought for sure she would want to play in the play area – like she does at Mission Space, but she really had no interest.

Disney 2014 Day 11 028.JPG

Disney 2014 Day 11 030.JPG

Disney 2014 Day 11 036.JPG

Disney 2014 Day 11 035.JPG

We met up to fly with Peter Pan and then sailed together on IASW.

Ross borrowed Hope’s ears.

Disney 2014 Day 11 044.JPG

Disney 2014 Day 11 048.JPG

It was another really crowed day – but not as bad as EPCOT the day before. As much as I really liked F&W Festival, I wondered if that was the reason for the crowds. I could never imagine going to WDW Christmas week or spring break! lol

Julia and I went on Space Mountain.

MK_SPACEMOUNTAINB_7058787671.jpeg

Then we all went to ride Buzz. I made my last attempt to max out. Could I do it?

MK_BUZZLIGHTYEARRIDE_7057617664.jpeg

Disney 2014 Day 11 107.JPG

Nope. Not even close. However, now that Ross has read my TR and knows I “researched” the game, I have a feeling there may be some nasty competition on our next trip.

Bryan, the cast member who was so sweet to us the day of our Magic Band disaster was there, so we got to say a good bye and another big thank you!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
We went to Haunted Mansion. Hope was so funny. She kept saying, “NOOOOO”, but then would say, in a really quiet whisper, “Haunted House? Yes!”

Disney 2014 Day 11 066.JPG

Disney 2014 Day 11 067.JPG

Disney 2014 Day 11 073.JPG

Disney 2014 Day 11 081.JPG

Disney 2014 Day 11 087.JPG

It started to look like it was going to pour so we went to see the Country Bears.

Then sadly, it was time to pick our last ride. We split up one last time. Julia went with Ross to see Monsters Laugh Floor and Hope and I rode Winnie The Pooh.

Disney 2014 Day 11 109.JPG

Disney 2014 Day 11 115.JPG

We met up by the closed Tomorrowland Terrace. Funny, the whole trip I seemed to have never noticed all the construction going on here.

Disney 2014 Day 11 118.JPG

Disney 2014 Day 11 121.JPG

Disney 2014 Day 11 126.JPG

Figment Forever

Original Poster
It was around 5:00PM when we got back to FQ and ME was picking us up at 5:45PM so we gathered our carry-on and went to get a bite to eat and used our remaining dining credits. We got quite the assortment of food.

Disney 2014 Day 11 150.JPG

Disney 2014 Day 11 148.JPG

Disney 2014 Day 11 152.JPG

Disney 2014 Day 11 149.JPG

As we were waiting for ME, the skies opened up!!

Disney 2014 Day 11 155.JPG

Disney 2014 Day 11 160.JPG

More sad faces…

Disney 2014 Day 11 163.JPG

Disney 2014 Day 11 166.JPG

When we arrived to the airport, we realized our flight was delayed an hour. I actually forgot about that – Julia reminded me as I was writing. But soon, we were on our Jet Blue flight home, along with Duffy, our new family member.

Disney 2014 Day 11 170.JPG

And there you have it – our most crazy vacation yet… but hopefully not our last.

Thanks so much to all of you who shared in our memories!!

Coming Soon: Autism Move Over… There’s a Teenager on The Loose and Mommy’s Going Gluten Free! A September 2015 Pre-Trip Report

blreinsel

Great TR! I really enjoyed reading it! I absolutely love the picture of Julia and Hope hugging in MK.. and the one right before that where Hope's Cinderella ears are crooked - so funny! Thanks for sharing your memories.. can't wait to read your next report! :)

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Great TR! I really enjoyed reading it! I absolutely love the picture of Julia and Hope hugging in MK.. and the one right before that where Hope's Cinderella ears are crooked - so funny! Thanks for sharing your memories.. can't wait to read your next report! :)

Thanks for reading! I love that picture too! Going to try to get the new report up soon!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom