Trip Report Holy Smokes! Let's see how it goes?! *COMPLETED*

Hi Everyone! 🙋‍♀️

Welcome to my modest atempt in writing my very first Trip Report!

It all started when posting on a thread about the new smoking ban inside the parks, and someone (Hi @Lensman !) suggested that I could write about my experience during my next visit to WDW.

This Trip Report will NOT be just about smoking! Although I will be honest about my personal perspective about it during my visit.
(In no way am I endorsing or suggesting that it is advisable to smoke).

As I said before in this forum, I hope that in writing about our trip, not only will I share my little adventure with you, but also hopefuly, be distracted from smoking! 😁

So, if you would like to join me, thank you! I hope you find it at least a bit entertaining

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
I would like to thank you all for joining us, I feel in great company with all of you!

To be honest, I am pleasantly surprised at your response and appreciate your support.
I am very happy to share this experience with you.

Sending good vibes to everyone here! 😊

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
Hi!
Just now at the rest area, about halfway there! Running late. Something happened...
We are shaken but luckily OK.

We were rear ended on the Turnpike! We feel very lucky because to have that happen in the highway is very scary!
First time ever!
Definitely didn't expect that 😖😕
Thankfully just headache and ear pain.

So, we had to stop at West Palm Beach airport to change car, by the way, Alamo did great.

We are missing Peter Pan's Flight FP, but you know what? At this point it really doesn't matter. This definitely puts everything in perspective...
20190428_121509.jpg
20190428_113550.jpg

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
Hi!
Just now at the rest area, about halfway there! Running late. Something happened...

We were rear ended on the Turnpike! We feel very lucky because to have that happen in the highway is very scary!
First time ever!

So, we had to stop at West Palm Beach airport to change car, by the way, Alamo did great.

We are missing Peter Pan's Flight FP, but you know what? At this point it really doesn't matter. This definitely puts everything in perspective...
View attachment 367937View attachment 367938

Oh no! Glad you both are ok.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Glad to hear you are ok but take it easy. I was rear-ended in stop and go traffic so the car behind me wasn’t going very fast and although the next day I felt ok, two days later my back was killing me. I had some very strong muscle contractions but some very weak medication (over the counter strength ibuprofen). A few days of a higher dose and I was much better.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
Glad to hear you are ok but take it easy. I was rear-ended in stop and go traffic so the car behind me wasn’t going very fast and although the next day I felt ok, two days later my back was killing me. I had some very strong muscle contractions but some very weak medication (over the counter strength ibuprofen). A few days of a higher dose and I was much better.
Thank you, Im staying positive but deep inside I'm a bit worried...
Oh no! Glad you both are ok.
Thanks 😌

BuckyMom

OMGosh. So glad it wasn't worse. Take it easy to make sure that you're ok. I agree with Swissmiss, it can show up days later (not that I'm any kind of expert). Keep the ibuprofen handy.

Songbird76

Hi!

First time ever!

View attachment 367937View attachment 367938
Oh I'm so sorry! That must have been very scary!! My husband was driving to work once when a semi tried to switch lanes and didn't see DH. Fortunately, he only pushed the car to the side of the road, so DH wasn't injured, but very shaken. He called and said "Don't panic, but...." of COURSE I panicked. He was fine, and we just had to get the door replaced....DS thought it would be really cool if it could be replaced by a blue door with flames painted on. 🤣 (he was only 6 or 7)

I'm glad you were able to get there safely in the end, and maybe you can pick up a FP for PP later! Good that Alamo was good about switching cars, too!! What happened that the driver rear-ended you? Was he/she on the phone or something?

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
Thanks for your thoughts, we are ok, still sore, but ok, all things considered. We feel very lucky indeed!
It was a young guy who didn"t pay attention and was driving too fast, we also suspect he was on his phone! 🤨
Very scary situation.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
You can imagine how grateful and happy we felt, to finally be here, safe and sound.

Of course we were starving, again!
We ended having lunch at around 3:30pm at Columbia Harbor House.
Frank had the tuna sandwich and I went for the lobster roll. So good!
20190428_155531.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom