Holy Cow! What Now??

DisneyGigi

Okay... so we leave in 5 days, the oil is changed, the suitcases are packed, all the to do lists have been done and checked a million times. Nothing left to do but wait! I cannot stand it!! :eek: The time had flown by, I hope it does not crawl by now. I am breathing Disney every second it seems waiting for the morning when we hit the road! (The only time I, a driving/riding hater looks forward to 10 hours in a car.)
What do I do now??? I am going crazy! :ROFLOL:

Kristamouse

To pass away the hours in the car try a book on tape. Even better, try a Disney book on tape. DH and I listened to Dave Barry's and Ridley Pearson's books about Peter Pan called Peter and the Starcatchers and Peter and the Shadow Theives. They are somewhat Harry Potterish but a fun read your kids might like them too. I think Ridely Pearson's book about Magic Kingdom, Kingdom Keepers is also on tape now. (Next Kingdom Keepers is due out in 2008.)
If you are sleeping during the day try a sleep/beauty mask. It helps me a ton. I can't keep my eyes closed when DH changes speed, breaks, etc. We drive about 15 hrs from KY to WDW. DH drives first while I nap and I get second shift at night. The books keep me awake at night and the mask helps me nap during the day.
To pass the time before you leave stay busy! Work in the yard, clean out closet. Or try some OT to earn back that Disney money;)

Upvote 0

wdwmouse

Here's an idea for the ride there! Go to the dollar store or somewhere really cheap. For the kids, find neat little things they would like, Disney themed or not. Hide them in a bag. Every hour, pull out something new for them. When my kids were younger, I did this. Things like mini-etch a sketches, mini white board with marker, lego candies they can build with, stuff like that. Not sure how old your kids are, but there must be something you could get.

Upvote 0

shani1243

We are driving a LONG way at least for me ( I hate to ride/drive) but for WDW I can take it ... :ROFLOL: We have planned Disney movies for the ride down and snacks because DH will not stop but for bathroom breaks and a quick lunch ...lol. (The kids will sleep most of the trip as we are leaving at 4:00 am Friday and I know they won't sleep a wink.. neither will I) We are planning on eating breakfast at home.. a quick lunch where ever we are when it comes around and the rest of the 10 hours are driving! :shrug: I know ...but he is so focused on getting there. Other than the usual driving games I have nothing! :shrug:
Ha! Hubby and I will be driving from Connecticut!

about 24 hours! We will probably stay over on the way.

Going to wdw from Feb 4-10 and disney cruise 10-14.

Ist cruise ever, lol

This is hubbys retirement trip.
Last time we went to wdw in 2004, we drove also, and took us 7 days to get home! Stopped a lot of places! lol

shani

Upvote 0

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Ha! Hubby and I will be driving from Connecticut!

about 24 hours! We will probably stay over on the way.

Going to wdw from Feb 4-10 and disney cruise 10-14.

Ist cruise ever, lol

This is hubbys retirement trip.
Last time we went to wdw in 2004, we drove also, and took us 7 days to get home! Stopped a lot of places! lol

shani
Wow!! :ROFLOL: I am not a car person, never have been, DH is.. but he likes to hurry and get there.. minimal stops, but it is worth it for WDW!! Took us about 18 hours to get home during our Thanksgiving week trip because of backed up traffic and wrecks... never again, it almost killed me :eek:
Hope you have a great trip! :wave: Congrats to your DH's retirement!

Upvote 0

Capt. Salty

Holy Cow, I thought this was a Phil "Scooter" Rizzuto thread. :)

Have fun. It will be here before you know it!
But dont go too crazy runnin' around from attraction to attraction, you're vacation will be done way too soon...
We returned from WDW Aug 12 - and I have the Disney Blues, big time!!! In the process of plannin' our annual February adventure...

Have fun and relax!

Upvote 0

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
But dont go too crazy runnin' around from attraction to attraction, you're vacation will be done way too soon...
We returned from WDW Aug 12 - and I have the Disney Blues, big time!!! In the process of plannin' our annual February adventure...

Have fun and relax!
Thanks.. we do that too, while we like to plan some things. we are very spur of the moment and relaxed as far as "to do lists" goes and it does end way too quick anyway :( We are planning our Feb trip too now. :wave:

Upvote 0

DisneyMarg

Start a really good book. It will keep your mind busy before you go and if you don't finish you can read it on the trip.

Or start a Disney jigsaw puzzle.

Make thank you cards for housekeeping and other CM's.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom