HOLY COW Mark Twain in American Adventure!!

dumboflyer

War Scenes

I think one of the most interesting things about the show is that in the Valley Forge scene, the soldiers are complaining about the British in Philadelphia. However, in the gas station scene with FDR, FDR's Pearl Harbor address is cut off before he names Japan. ("...deliberately attacked, by naval and air forces from the [faded to static]"). Germany is also not named in either WWI or WWII material. (WWI only has America's Air Ace Eddie R. with some festive circus-type music.) I understand the reasoning behind these moves (there isn't anyone alive from either side who fought in the Revolutionary War) but I do find it very interesting. Maybe this is just the history major in me.

My one gripe with the show is the "Two Brothers" song. I swear the lyrics were written by a kindergarten class. I think it's probably the worst original song anywhere at WDW. (No offense to anyone who likes it, this is just my opinion.)

EDIT: Along the ironic WWII lines, I think it's also interesting that the three physically closest countries to the Anerican Adventure also happen to be our three enemies in WWII...

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
dumboflyer said:
I think one of the most interesting things about the show is that in the Valley Forge scene, the soldiers are complaining about the British in Philadelphia. However, in the gas station scene with FDR, FDR's Pearl Harbor address is cut off before he names Japan. ("...deliberately attacked, by naval and air forces from the [faded to static]"). Germany is also not named in either WWI or WWII material. (WWI only has America's Air Ace Eddie R. with some festive circus-type music.) I understand the reasoning behind these moves (there isn't anyone alive from either side who fought in the Revolutionary War) but I do find it very interesting. Maybe this is just the history major in me.

My one gripe with the show is the "Two Brothers" song. I swear the lyrics were written by a kindergarten class. I think it's probably the worst original song anywhere at WDW. (No offense to anyone who likes it, this is just my opinion.)

EDIT: Along the ironic WWII lines, I think it's also interesting that the three physically closest countries to the Anerican Adventure also happen to be our three enemies in WWII...

Japan, Morocco and France?

(only kidding...:animwink: :D )

Mimi

dumboflyer said:

It is a simple song. The music and lyrics aren't meant to overwhelm but to make a simple point. It is a touching story and is meant to touch our emotions. In the song our most basic social structure, the family, represents our country torn in two with extremely tragic consequences. I don't think fanfare or complicated lyrics would have been appropriate.

Main Street Jim

"Two Brothers" debuted with "Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln", I believe, at the '64-'65 World's Fair in New York. If not there, I *know* it was added in at least when GMwML was moved to Disneyland after the fair.

The a capella singing group that everyone is referring to as "Voices of America": it's either American Vybe, or Voices of Liberty. I haven't seen AV in the lobby for a long time, though.

Rob562

prberk said:
Yes, that is an AMAZING song. Very moving in this presentation. Does anyone know if the AA version of this song is available on any CD? I have yet to see it on any.

I have Two Brothers on MP3, as well a a few other pieces of music from AA. (Unfortunately not the entire thing, other than a live audio recording)

If anyone's interested, I can e-mail files to you, as long as your e-mail program can accept larger files. Two Brothers is about 3.5Meg. I also have smaller files of Chief Joseph's background and the Dogfight/Newsreel section. There's also the instrumental background of New World Bound that starts with the very beginning of the show, and goes up to the point where the music gets louder and the singing portion is *just* about to start.
I also have both versions of Golden Dream, but they may be a little too big for e-mail, but we can try...

-Rob

barnum42

dumboflyer said:
I've never noticed that, but then I've kind of grown familiar with American productions always casting the British as the villains, that it would not occur to me :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom