Hollywood Brown Derby

rstaut

Original Poster
My husband & I were considering going to Hollywood Brown Derby for lunch & only getting their Cobb Salads & a dessert. Does anyone know, being a signature restaurant, if they allow this? Just wanted to make sure before we go. Thanks!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yes you can. You can go there and just get desert if you wish. The same is true for pretty much every restaurant in WDW.

rstaut

Original Poster
Thanks! I guess I was a little scared to do that since it's a "signature restaurant". Just wanted to check with the experts!

surfsupdon

We've gone in just to sample some appetizers. Same premise.

Still after many years, one of our favorite restaurants!!!!

DougK

I had heard that the overall quality of the Brown Derby restaurant has been getting better again after a few years of going downhill. I will read the reviews but can anyone who has gone there often confirm this? Thanks!

plutospal

We are going in May and have the Fantasmic Package at Brown Derby. I kind of want to just order the cobb salad and dessert, but I think the package is prix fix for everything....not on DP. I was told it is $58/pp, so that would be an expensive salad:eek:

tjkref418

ABSOLUTELY true, and then some. BD was running on all cylinders as of Nov 2010, with a new Head Chef that has done some WONDERFUL things. There WAS a sad period of Cost Cutting at the BD - it's past, they realized what a horrible mistake it was, and they have ABSOLUTELY corrected the problem.

We're booked again in May :).

I am really glad to hear this! I just replaced one of my reservations with the Brown Derby this coming summer because of some of the more positive feedback recently.

docnabox

Let me recommend the grapefruit cake for dessert. :slurp:

I too have been a fan of grapefruit cake in the past. We also do the Cobb salad/ grapefruit cake thing while we are there because it has been so good in the past. However, on my last visit, last year, when it was brought out, it was very dry and ice cold and exceptionally bitter. we sent it back and asked for another but it was no better. I was pretty bummed because that is not a dessert like cheesecake you can get everywhere.

MaxsDad

When we ate there in Sept., I felt it lived up to the rep it had had previously, although I never ate there in what they call the glory years. The filet is back, and it is very good. We also shared a Cobb, and it was excellent. Even my wife liked it and she has a limited taste for food. I did order the Grapefruit Cake based on what I had heard. Not bad at all, but I have tasted better deserts at this very establishment the year before.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom