Holidays Phase Closing watch 2017/2018

trainplane3

Last group of Epcot pictures for the day. Pathway to WS had its surge moments. Not bad at all. Seas was empty with 15 mins for the Nemo ride. CC/Innoventions area was busy but was moving. As I was leaving, SSE was 40 minutes around 320ish.

So again, Epcot wasn't bad at all aside from TT and maybe Soarin. Most were typical wait times with random surges (Imagination was up to 40 mins then down to 20, bounced throughout the day).

Can we mention Stitch hitting an hour this morning?! I mentioned it to my party and about at least a dozen random people behind me in line for TT said in unison "How the H***??!".
IMG_20171225_134804.jpg
IMG_20171225_151922.jpg
IMG_20171225_152321.jpg
IMG_20171225_152539.jpg

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Last group of Epcot pictures for the day. Pathway to WS had its surge moments. Not bad at all. Seas was empty with 15 mins for the Nemo ride. CC/Innoventions area was busy but was moving. As I was leaving, SSE was 40 minutes around 320ish.

So again, Epcot wasn't bad at all aside from TT and maybe Soarin. Most were typical wait times with random surges (Imagination was up to 40 mins then down to 20, bounced throughout the day).

Can we mention Stitch hitting an hour this morning?! I mentioned it to my party and about at least a dozen random people behind me in line for TT said in unison "How the H***??!".
View attachment 252029 View attachment 252030 View attachment 252031 View attachment 252032
Thank you for the updates and pics.

mimitchi33

It gets pretty long on busy days. But you also have to remember that it has the Jingle Cruise overlay right now. So plenty of folks want to do it on Christmas.
I never knew that existed until now...

View attachment 252029 View attachment 252030 View attachment 252031 View attachment 252032
Maybe one of the popular rides was down? That's how Figment at Epcot gets high waits...

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
So, do people who paid the premium "demand-price" to get into MK get any special consideration, or are they shut out, too?

trainplane3

I never knew that existed until now...

Maybe one of the popular rides was down? That's how Figment at Epcot gets high waits...
I don't think anything in FW went down. It's probably because TT was sustaining 2 2/12 hours for periods and Soarin was high. Maybe Frozen too?

mimitchi33

I don't think anything in FW went down. It's probably because TT was sustaining 2 2/12 hours for periods and Soarin was high. Maybe Frozen too?
I was asking about the bizarre wait time for Stitch.
It's now 15 minutes to 7 and things have calmed down at most of the parks as families leave for holiday dinner. Well, except for Animal Kingdom-Flight of Passage has a 210 minute wait (a three and a half hour wait!) and the Na'vi River Journey is a 120-minute wait! And no ride's wait time is under 20 minutes, with the lowest being said number for It's Tough To Be A Bug!
Meanwhile over at Universal, the wait times are bad, but not as bad as Disney. For example, Minion Mayhem is 80 minutes, Shrek 4D is 30 minutes, Transformers is 75 minutes, but Harry Potter's 105. Also, The Simpsons Ride is a 60 minute wait (why the high waits for that recently? It's getting more popular than it was before...)

JoeCamel

I was asking about the bizarre wait time for Stitch.
It's now 15 minutes to 7 and things have calmed down at most of the parks as families leave for holiday dinner. Well, except for Animal Kingdom-Flight of Passage has a 210 minute wait (a three and a half hour wait!) and the Na'vi River Journey is a 120-minute wait! And no ride's wait time is under 20 minutes, with the lowest being said number for It's Tough To Be A Bug!
Meanwhile over at Universal, the wait times are bad, but not as bad as Disney. For example, Minion Mayhem is 80 minutes, Shrek 4D is 30 minutes, Transformers is 75 minutes, but Harry Potter's 105. Also, The Simpsons Ride is a 60 minute wait (why the high waits for that recently? It's getting more popular than it was before...)
Those same people that wait for Stitch wait for Shrek when they visit Universal. They have a thing for standing in line for crappy shows. Nothing to be concerned with, they are in a corral so they don't clutter up the place.

drizgirl

Isn't Stitch in its final days of operation? We were one and done over a decade ago, but some people do feel compelled to do one last round when something is closing.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Those same people that wait for Stitch wait for Shrek when they visit Universal. They have a thing for standing in line for crappy shows. Nothing to be concerned with, they are in a corral so they don't clutter up the place.

I'd argue though that Shrek > Stitch, even if only marginally. I checked wait times at Universal yesterday along with WDW and I didn't see the waits for Shrek exceed 15 minutes, although it's possible that I just missed it.

nickys

Premium Member
When was the last phases closing? Seems it’s been a while? That fake park capacity due to NFL seemed to be working for a little bit.

Last year on NYE there was a phased closing. Not sure what phase, phase 2 perhaps? Again it re-opene
So, do people who paid the premium "demand-price" to get into MK get any special consideration, or are they shut out, too?

They will be the first to be shut out in any phased closure. Anyone daft enough to drive to MK on Christmas Day or NYE on a whim deserves it IMO :p

nickys

Premium Member
Isn't Stitch in its final days of operation? We were one and done over a decade ago, but some people do feel compelled to do one last round when something is closing.

True. It's closing permanently sometime in January. So maybe that's why the line is ridiculous. I remember doing it once, my sensory processing challenged DS did not enjoy it one iota (this was in the days before we'd even been referred to a paedetrician I hasten to add)!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom