Holidays at Walt Disney World 2017

Which of the new offerings are you most excited about?

• Sunset Seasons Greeting

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • Flurry of Fun at Hollywood Studios

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • Epcot International Festival of The Holidays

Votes: 24 48.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ToTBellHop

More of a reason to buy a ticket obviously. You want to see Christmas fireworks? Better be ready to pay up!
Sure--until the final MVMCP on 12/22. Maybe they still intend to show Holiday Wishes starting 12/23 and just won't announce until the risk of people skipping out on tickets to MVMCP has passed. We are going to the party on 12/17 but had hoped to see Holiday Wishes again before we leave.

jrhwdw

No Holiday Wishes nightly starting 12/23?

Not from what I've seen on the operating calendar (probably in part due to HEA's popularity).

More of a reason to buy a ticket obviously. You want to see Christmas fireworks? Better be ready to pay up!

I will be SHOCKED if Holiday Wishes isn't planned for the rest of the year!

Most likely, this is the calendar department being lazy and not putting Holiday Wishes on the calendar when the Dec Calendar first comes out!
We had this problem for years! Years ago SADCT instead of MVMCParade was on the calendar for Christmas week when the Calendar first came out! I often wondered if that detours people from planning when they see the Day Parade during Christmas instead of the Christmas Parade 6 months out? I don't remember how close to Dec MVMCParade got on the calendar.

wdwfan22

Most likely, this is the calendar department being lazy and not putting Holiday Wishes on the calendar when the Dec Calendar first comes out!
We had this problem for years! Years ago SADCT instead of MVMCParade was on the calendar for Christmas week when the Calendar first came out! I often wondered if that detours people from planning when they see the Day Parade during Christmas instead of the Christmas Parade 6 months out? I don't remember how close to Dec MVMCParade got on the calendar.

Something tells me that Holiday Wishes will be exclusive to the party this year. Even the holiday press release mentions that both Mickey's Once Upon A Christmas Parade and Mickey's Most Merriest will be presented daily but the only mention of Holiday Wishes is for the Christmas Party.

DisneyYorkian74

The drone show at Disney Springs last year was a real highlight and standout out of all of the Christmas offerings on property.

Truly mesmerizing and enchanting, one-of-a-kind sort of experience that I've never seen before. Especially after years of visiting all the Orlando parks; getting to experience something newly unique is a hard and an impressive feat to pull off. I really can't say enough great things about the show.

It was a genius way to get people to visit the Springs with great marketing, and spend some money Christmas shopping too.

I hope that Disney somehow manages to bring the show back and it starts a new tradition.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
No Holiday Wishes nightly starting 12/23?

That and Jingle Cruise and the Holiday Sorcerer's Card were left off the official press release, not to mention the specific limited availability treats and merch.

Spirit said something that's been around for 15 years isn't coming back. <shrug>

Mind you, the official press releases are notorious for their inaccuracies. In the second year of Frozen lighting up the castle, they were still saying it was the Fairy Godmother doing it. Had to email them about that.

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
That and Jingle Cruise and the Holiday Sorcerer's Card were left off the official press release, not to mention the specific limited availability treats and merch.

Mind you, the official press releases are notorious for their inaccuracies. In the second year of Frozen lighting up the castle, they were still saying it was the Fairy Godmother doing it. Had to email them about that.
I'd email them about it. Usually they reveal the SOTMK card in October.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Official Holiday line-up press release: http://wdwnews.com/releases/holidays-2017/

Disney Springs Is the Place to Start New Traditions This Holiday Season

• A Bigger, Better Disney Springs’ Christmas Tree Trail: Last year we introduced custom decorated holiday trees to the Marketplace, each themed to a popular Disney story or character. This year, I’m thrilled to share that the Christmas Tree Trail will expand to twenty-five trees – many of them larger than last year’s evergreens – including ten new trees inspired by Disney classics such as Sleeping Beauty, Peter Pan, Snow White and Dumbo. I can’t wait to see Lincoln’s eyes light up and watch him choose a favorite.
"Many of them larger" trees? Perhaps they're going to get two or three ten-foot trees from Wal*Mart this year rather than the eight-footers? {See, I'm not a pixie-duster!}

ToTBellHop

Official Holiday line-up press release: http://wdwnews.com/releases/holidays-2017/

Disney Springs Is the Place to Start New Traditions This Holiday Season

• A Bigger, Better Disney Springs’ Christmas Tree Trail: Last year we introduced custom decorated holiday trees to the Marketplace, each themed to a popular Disney story or character. This year, I’m thrilled to share that the Christmas Tree Trail will expand to twenty-five trees – many of them larger than last year’s evergreens – including ten new trees inspired by Disney classics such as Sleeping Beauty, Peter Pan, Snow White and Dumbo. I can’t wait to see Lincoln’s eyes light up and watch him choose a favorite.
"Many of them larger" trees? Perhaps they're going to get two or three ten-foot trees from Wal*Mart this year rather than the eight-footers? {See, I'm not a pixie-duster!}
LOL. That thing is garbage. And this is supposed to get butts in the seats at Disney Springs? I was shocked last month at it STILL takes an hour to get from a hotel to Disney Springs (BoardWalk no less--not that far away). I thought all this road work and bus station consolidation was supposed to fix that. But no, 40 minutes for a bus to come and then 20 to drive there. Just to get a (tasty) burger and deal with cranky kids who realized there is still nothing there for them to do.

I'm done with the Springs. I was bored out of my mind as a kid because it was just shopping and dining and Clubs I couldn't go in. As a grown up I'm bored out of my mind because it's shopping and (better) dining. And a Christmas tree trail outdone by the average Macy's.

Biff215

This year is different though with HEA still new and superior in many ways. Some guests may actually complain about missing it, and I couldn't really blame them to be honest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom