Holidays at Disney's Hollywood Studios 2018

dreamscometrue

I did a side-by-side comparison of the 2018 show VS the original 2016 show. Interesting to see the changes to the pyro. (Go full screen and choose the 4K option)

Thanks for the comparison. I like the 2018 show better actually with the more consistent rooftop pyro and added fire effects. The absence of large pyro for a minute or so near the end, isn't nearly enough for me to prefer the older version.

jrhwdw

Thanks for the comparison. I like the 2018 show better actually with the more consistent rooftop pyro and added fire effects. The absence of large pyro for a minute or so near the end, isn't nearly enough for me to prefer the older version.

I think DHS is trying with the low pyro. They put more low pyro
in SW AGS and Bell, BAM! this year. As for the high stuff, is there certain shells they can do that won't hurt World Drive? Nothing that goes BAM!? It looks like they're still doing Comets/Roman Candles from that launch point, but that's it.

Is there any other place possible to do high pyro DHS could use for their 30th/SW GE?

Kman101

I actually think the show has overall improved. Yes the big shells are missing, but it really only affected the finale. The majority of the show has greatly improved.

Agreed. Certain things were better about the 2016 version but I see some improvements with the new version. The big shells are nice but it seems they try and make up for it by adding more where there wasn't any. It's still of course light in pyro but it's much improved in a way in that regard. IMO.

I'm still not sure why so many cling to the BAM in the name ....

dreamscometrue

Does anyone know if this is a thing for certain?
Photo (c) @bioreconstruct on Twitter
1541888101911.png

Giraffiki

The snow and ornament umbrellas around Echo Lake are seriously so cute!! Its a touch that did not have to be done but they did anyway. Really can't wait to see how this park's Christmas grows in the future.....it just keeps getting better

That was there last year

ChristianG

I almost wish that they'd give up on high pyro for ALL of DHS's shows and make them strictly low pyro shows. If they use their high pyro budget for immersive low pyro & projection shows, I think they could really tighten the shows up. High pyro at DHS just hasn't looked good since they built the new permanent pad. I miss the days of "Symphony in the Stars" and "Sorcery in the Sky."

That being said, I quite like what they've done with JBJB this year, especially seeing it compared to its opening year.

World_Showcase_Lover007

Yes, the prices for dessert parties are high and the fireworks show isn’t that great, but it’s all still well worth going to DHS just to see the Osborne ligh.... oh wait...never mind.

I forgot for a minute that they took away the one fabulous, unique and super popular thing the park had and replaced it with lame shows.

peter11435

Yes, the prices for dessert parties are high and the fireworks show isn’t that great, but it’s all still well worth going to DHS just to see the Osborne ligh.... oh wait...never mind.

I forgot for a minute that they took away the one fabulous, unique and super popular thing the park had and replaced it with lame shows.
I loved the Osborne display but I certainly wouldn’t call it unique.

Disorbust

I saw this in person in 2016 and thought it was pretty meh. See this video I think now its just really bad. THe best IMHO was the frozrn fireworks, so glad we saw that.

surfsupdon

I saw this in person in 2016 and thought it was pretty meh. See this video I think now its just really bad. THe best IMHO was the frozrn fireworks, so glad we saw that.
Yes, those Frozen fireworks were unbelievably good! So was a version of Star Wars fireworks they had right around that same time period.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom