Holidays Around the World at Epcot 2016

AndrewsJ

The only way epcot (lower case) can draw in people is with alcohol. I'll continue to skip the joke it has become. I've been flying to Knoxville and driving to Dollywood. Half the price, great theming, delicious food and actual modern attractions. It's a little corny but WD would love it in my opinion.

Bocabear

I enjoy EPCOT because I can be an adult there...I like the idea of different parks with different demographics...Sometimes I want to be a kid...Sometimes I want to be an adult and have a cocktail...It is nice to have options. There will always be stupid people doing inappropriate things...you can't insulate the world from them...

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Yeah, Screw the haters.. can I have my ONE park at WDW with decent beer selection?

Thanks

I could care less about drinking at the park. Just be @#$2ing responsible about it. I do care when an increasingly larger number of people can't control themselves and wind up ruining other people's experiences. (such as being puked on in a monorail)

Thumper 32

...I picked EPCOT for our park for Thanksgiving...
...I'm another one happy about the food booths for the holidays because I think a mass of sampling at those booths will work for our supper, since we are dining early at Captains Grille for our Thanksgiving meal...

Just so you know, holidays at Epcot doesn't officially start until the day after thanksgiving. While I'd guess there is a pretty good chance of soft opening the food booths a day or two early, technically there are no guarantees that any of that will be running on Thanksgiving day.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Just so you know, holidays at Epcot doesn't officially start until the day after thanksgiving. While I'd guess there is a pretty good chance of soft opening the food booths a day or two early, technically there are no guarantees that any of that will be running on Thanksgiving day.

Well if you want I can report on its veracity... I'll be there!

dreamfinder

Yeah, Screw the haters.. can I have my ONE park at WDW with decent beer selection?

Thanks

Please let me know when you find it. I'm still looking for a decent beer selection at WDW. Although I haven't seen the selection for the Holiday Craft Beer options, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Sam Adams Winter Lager on there......

DisneyOutsider

Please let me know when you find it. I'm still looking for a decent beer selection at WDW. Although I haven't seen the selection for the Holiday Craft Beer options, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Sam Adams Winter Lager on there......

Rose & Crown has a nice selection year-round. Flower and Garden usually brings some good variety in as well. I would assume that F&W would as well, but I've never been.

jakeman

Rose & Crown has a nice selection year-round. Flower and Garden usually brings some good variety in as well. I would assume that F&W would as well, but I've never been.
The parks in general have a decent selection for the average drinker.

If your minimally active in your local bottle shop, then it's probably a bit pedestrian.

Got to keep in mind that craft beer only represents 12% of the market. That means out of a hundred people, there are 88 of them still drinking their hop water beer.

dreamfinder

The parks in general have a decent selection for the average drinker.

If your minimally active in your local bottle shop, then it's probably a bit pedestrian.

Got to keep in mind that craft beer only represents 12% of the market. That means out of a hundred people, there are 88 of them still drinking their hop water beer.

I totally get this. Which is what irks me when they have a Craft Beer venue, but with options that are minimally craft at best. Even if your 12% figure is accurate, I'd easy guess there are 100+ taps in World Showcase, so having 12 of them, pouring something that is truly craft wouldn't kill them. I'll gladly eat my words if the tap list for this gets posted and it's much better curated than I expect. Show me a few good winter warmers or barley wines and I'd be jealous I'm not there.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I totally get this. Which is what irks me when they have a Craft Beer venue, but with options that are minimally craft at best. Even if your 12% figure is accurate, I'd easy guess there are 100+ taps in World Showcase, so having 12 of them, pouring something that is truly craft wouldn't kill them. I'll gladly eat my words if the tap list for this gets posted and it's much better curated than I expect. Show me a few good winter warmers or barley wines and I'd be jealous I'm not there.

The problem is what some people enjoy isn't necessarily commercially viable. I'm sure that the folks hanging around the Germany area would enjoy a better selection of kölsch, maibock, helles, pils, doppelbock, and hefeweissen, but its not going to happen. Personally I was quite upset when they changed over from Spaten , but on the bright side we got Schöfferhofer.... we still cant get any true radler, but the grapefruit is a good compromise and its very popular.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
And sadly I can report that the group my wife and I have nicknamed Dreadful, Dreadful are back again tormenting anyone within earshot (which is about a quarter of a mile) by the fountain . If you're louder it must be better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom