HM Hidden Mickey Moved?

Boray

Original Poster
I'm hoping someone can explain the following for me. My family and I went to MK on Tuesday, October 24 and I pointed out the hidden Mickey in the ballroom on the end of the dining table (far left, closest side, right on the corner) in the dishes to my mother. We returned on Friday, October 27 and one of the plates (one of the ears) was GONE, therefore, no more hidden Mickey. I couldn't believe it. That hidden Mickey was there last October too (and I'm sure for a while before that) and it was gone. How does someone get in there to move it? Has anyone else noticed this? Has it been "fixed" since I was there a week ago? My 7-year-old son was quite upset about this, as he's an avid hidden Mickey hunter, and he saw that it was gone too.

What's up with this? :veryconfu

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
That is not an official hidden mickey (created by an imagineer). That hidden mickey was created by cm's who work the attraction. It tends to appear and disappear randomly.

Boray

Original Poster
I guess I never thought about the fact that someone would be in the ballroom of the HM and move stuff. I guess that adds to the specialness (if that's a word) of the attraction. I'll have to keep my eyes open for more of those that can appear and disappear. Thanks for the info hakunamatata :wave:. PS, I love your avatar!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I guess I never thought about the fact that someone would be in the ballroom of the HM and move stuff. I guess that adds to the specialness (if that's a word) of the attraction. I'll have to keep my eyes open for more of those that can appear and disappear. Thanks for the info hakunamatata :wave:. PS, I love your avatar!

Thanks. I am ready for Christmas. :lol:

frankd1962

None of the cm moved it. It was one of the haunts playing jokes on us. I bet they move things around to really scare those who check the place after closing and "dust" the place. :drevil:

iKat

When we did Keys to the Kingdom, our tour guide Rae told us about that one. It's one put there by cm's, and apparently the Imagineers get really mad when they see it (b/c hidden mickeys are their signatures)... she said that they've been known to stop the ride and put the plates back to normal.

That is not an official hidden mickey (created by an imagineer). That hidden mickey was created by cm's who work the attraction. It tends to appear and disappear randomly.

It might be an official one because about a month ago they released a pin for it:

pin49983

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
It might be an official one because about a month ago they released a pin for it:

pin49983

I personally would not consider that a hidden mickey. The two "ear" plates are too far from the main plate. It appears to be, but not sure I would call it a hidden mickey, but thats just my opinion.

mkepcotmgmak

When we did Keys to the Kingdom, our tour guide Rae told us about that one. It's one put there by cm's, and apparently the Imagineers get really mad when they see it (b/c hidden mickeys are their signatures)... she said that they've been known to stop the ride and put the plates back to normal.

i wouldn't say they get mad about it - it's always been told to me that it was a friendly game between the HM CMs and the Imagineers. It goes back and forth (although it is usually there...)

TXMICKEYFAN

We had a really awesome CM for the Key's to the Kingdom Tour where we got to go on POC and HM. She pointed out all the Hidden Mickey's on the rides. She stated:

"That Hidden Mickey does actually go away just about every day during the nightly inspection by the Imaginears. But is replaced every day by the CM's that work at HM. The CM's that work at HM take huge pride in that Hidden Mickey and try and make sure that it gets replaced every morning before opening, but from time to time they don't fix it."

Just thought i would share.

uklad79

We had a really awesome CM for the Key's to the Kingdom Tour where we got to go on POC and HM. She pointed out all the Hidden Mickey's on the rides. She stated:

"That Hidden Mickey does actually go away just about every day during the nightly inspection by the Imaginears. But is replaced every day by the CM's that work at HM. The CM's that work at HM take huge pride in that Hidden Mickey and try and make sure that it gets replaced every morning before opening, but from time to time they don't fix it."

Just thought i would share.

I think she was pulling your leg. No way do they have Imaginering checking every ride at night. If they did so may of them would be in better condition :lol:

mkepcotmgmak

I think she was pulling your leg. No way do they have Imaginering checking every ride at night. If they did so may of them would be in better condition :lol:

the attraction is walked every single night - not always by an imagineer - but by the Disney maintenance crews.

pentau

the attraction is walked every single night - not always by an imagineer - but by the Disney maintenance crews.

Imagineering would have to employ too many people to walk each attraction.
Doesn't each ride have to to inspected each night to meet safety standards?

SpaceRacer2003

Underneath each dinner plate is a poloroid picture of how the place setting is supposed to look. The hidden mickey is not how that place setting is designed to look. There's also a picture of Donald Duck under one of the place settings.

Some of Master Gracey's servants are practical jokers and will change the settings around every so often. Other's of us on the Master's staff are determined to see that his wishes are carried out and can not rest in peace until the place setting is reset. And so goes the eternal cycle of the moving plates. It's kinda of like a little game :)

pentau

Underneath each dinner plate is a poloroid picture of how the place setting is supposed to look. The hidden mickey is not how that place setting is designed to look. There's also a picture of Donald Duck under one of the place settings.

Some of Master Gracey's servants are practical jokers and will change the settings around every so often. Other's of us on the Master's staff are determined to see that his wishes are carried out and can not rest in peace until the place setting is reset. And so goes the eternal cycle of the moving plates. It's kinda of like a little game :)
Apparently people like that sort of game...I know I do...

iheartdisney91

yeah i know exactly what you guys are talking about! but i never saw it move, it's always there when im there. hmmm how odd
here is a visual since right click is disabled on this site!(this haunted mansion info site i guess they dont wanna get in to trouble er sumptin) so here's the address just click away! LOL
http://www.hauntedmansion.info/2ndFloor_images.asp?imageorder=29

Check it out! be beware it shows alot of spoilers and imaginears works(through out the site not this picture enjoy!):wave:

darthjohnny

I had heard from a Keys to the Kingdom tour guide, that the housekeeping is the culprit that sets the plates back, but teh Cast Members rearrange it in the hidden mickey fashion. (or was it the other way around?) :)

meanstreak82

pin49983

I generally don't put too much stock into what is on pins, especially since the other day I saw a pin that said "Disney's MGM Studios". Where have all the proofreaders gone? Okay, so one pin out of thousands of designs I can handle, but when they put the wrong name of the theme park on the bus station at Animal Kingdom, then I think something has to be done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom